UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thereasonsy, you said it was a dealbreaker, I just wanted to show that it was entirely possible. Three TTA sets, one fan-voted set and one set dedicated to the stars of 1970s horror comics isn't really a random sampling that proves a new rule. They're all-male by design, by vote or by 1970s comics culture. If you'd given the new X-Force set as an example, I would have agreed it could have had another woman in it, but Spider-Man's deadliest foes are mostly dudes. Putting two women in a set has been done, and will happen again if it makes sense, that's all I meant.

The question is WHEN it makes sense. I'm pretty sure less than 50% of the superheroes and supervillains in the MU are women, so I think it's to be expected that less than half of the Marvel Minimates we make would be women. To put two in a four-pack may be a victory for gender equality, but it doesn't represent the true balance of the MU. The FF, the Avengers, the Dark Avengers, the Masters of Evil, the Thunderbolts, the Frightful Four, the Brotherhood... most have one or two female members tops. The Sinister Six and the Wrecking Crew? Total sausagefests. Only the X-Men have enough women to form their own squad, and even then, the Classic X-Men line-up was 4-to-1.

I think, if anything, we make every effort to put a woman IN a box set when we could just as easily leave one out. If there's a conscious effort on our part, it's to be more inclusive of female characters in box sets.

I've been suggesting that set for a long, LONG, LONG time. I'd do Spidey with his mask up and lipstick kisses all over his face, Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy and Felicia Hardy with swappable pieces for Black Cat.

down.gif

I've been suggesting that set for a long, LONG, LONG time. I'd do Spidey with his mask up and lipstick kisses all over his face, Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy and Felicia Hardy with swappable pieces for Black Cat.

I'd go with this: Peter Parker with parts to change into Spider-Man with an extra mask with kisses, ala the sm3 black spidey one, Felicia with a black glossy dress and extra hands, feet, head and collar so that it can be easily changed into the Cat and a new Mj. As for the 4th fig, i'd put either a new Carol or Jessica.

Back on topic, will we see any new Sentinels in one of these comic sets? The Purifiers would be awesome as well. Also, are you aiming for a more classic or modern approach? I'd love to get the New All Female x-team, Quire and the new "Brotherhood" or x-force but i'd also kill for a 90's X-Factor and a completed classic Brotherhood. Sure, Blob and Toad aren't my favorite characters but they are classics, and the rest of the brotherhood is badass! Pyro, Avalance, Mystique, etc....

Edited by Kostisfire

It'll be a mix, but we may see some Sentinels!

Hopeful Yay!

Not sure what Sentinel I would like to see, but miniature killer robots are always a plus.

What you should of said ;)

What I'm reading here is that there's demand for a "Women of Peter Parker" boxed set, including updates of Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, Aunt May, and Black Cat.

I can see Chuck pushing that to the top of the line list.

We just got the perfect Aunt May. She's fine. I'll grant you Mary Jane and Black Cat. But I don't think putting them together is the best way to go.

And I'm not even going to elaborate, I'm just going to say The Brotherhood. At this point, nothing else needs to be said.

There are soooooooooooooo many wants on my x-men list.... X-Factor, the Shi'ar, The Brotherhood in it's various incarnations.

It's probably a super long shot - but 2014 is the 20th anniversary of Generation X. It's pretty unlikely, but I'd be very happy to see a couple of box-sets dedicated to the Gen X crew.

There are soooooooooooooo many wants on my x-men list.... X-Factor, the Shi'ar, The Brotherhood in it's various incarnations.

It's probably a super long shot - but 2014 is the 20th anniversary of Generation X. It's pretty unlikely, but I'd be very happy to see a couple of box-sets dedicated to the Gen X crew.

I'd love to see a Gen X boxset too.

Banshee

Chamber

Monet/Penance

Emplate

Emma

Husk

Skin

Jubilee

Not sure about Synch, but oh well.

I don't see how M could double for Penance, though. Red & yellow X-suit with mocha skin & black hair vs. black strappy suit with red skin & hair.

Make them two five-packs. Problems solved.

Well...Mondo's still left out, then... confused.gif

SDCC Box Set 1:

Jubilee

Husk

Skin

Synch

NYCC Box Set 2:

Chamber

M

Penance

Emplate

C2E2 2-pack:

Mondo & Blink (with short "Wolverine" hair & black Phalanx suit)

TRU 2-pack:

Banshee & Emma

There. Done. :lol: