UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking it actually would make sense if the Sentinels had psychic powers (in which case every mutant would need a helmet!), but either they don't or the mutants are able to hide themselves from psychic scans somehow.

One aspect of the movie I thought was interesting was that it's very heavily implied that the Sentinels are now self-aware, and are somewhat intelligent. Aside from just their programming. I would have been interested to see more about that, but there was already so much going on in the movie I'm not surprised it wasn't there.

Yeah i was a bit put out by character selection but I would like to see a couple of boxsets at some point of all the main movie x-men suited up. Mind you what we did end up with seems very well done, my only minor nit pick would be it would have been nice to get a future magneto helmet.

Does he wear one? There's always the black First Class Helmet...

fig1214f2lg.jpg

Hail Ivan.

It's weird I remember him in it, but that's probably just me remembering a movie I saw once a few months ago now wrong.

What parts did you use for Beast, Blink, and Kitty? They look great!!

Beast, Blink, Kitty and Colossus all had to be kitbashed (and in siome cases photoshopped).

Beast consisted of XM FC Beast's head, hands and feet. I used Sandman's chest block (with photoshopped hues), 70's Xavier's jacket / arms (photoshopped hues) and 70's Xavier pants.

Blink consisted of AoA Blink's head and hands, wave 58 Storm's chest block / legs, wave 58 Wolverine's arms, TRU wave 17 Nova's shoulder pads and wave 17 Thor's crotch cover (photoshopped).

Kitty was just all black minimate chest block, arms, legs, a wave 56 Peter Parker's jacket, a wave 59 Jean Grey head and a DOFP boxed set Kitty Pryde hair piece (photoshopped).

Colossus is comprised of wave 58 Wolverine body, with wave 14 Colossus arms and an A vs XM boxed set Colossus head.

I finally acquired these figures but my LCS was shorted the All-New X-Men series again (along with a bunch of other product, I'm told) so I'm hoping to add those to my collection next week. (Fingers crossed.)

Anyway, this first half looks pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to the follow-up series that includes Rogue, Trask, Quicksilver, Blink, Iceman, Bishop, Kitty, and a Sentinel.

dry.png

yknow i finally saw the movie and loved it and i have to say that after seeing it im perfectly fine with the lineup except the fact that 1. storm got a slot over hank/beast 2. everyone is clamoring over not getting characters with less than ten minutes of screen time rather than not getting one of the most important characters who had some of the most screentime and could easily have been given alternate parts to turn him from beast and hank, quite frankly i would have MUCH rather had boliver and hank over storm and logan

Did anyone else get Past Xavier/Logan in a Storm/Logan box? I got anxious waiting for my order from Luke to ship so I picked up a spare set at my LCS today and that is what I got.

Anyone want the goofed pack for a regular or cash?

Not me. Try a clear plastic band to keep him in place.

Was the chair assembled incorrectly at the factory? Maybe it just needs boiling.

Ridiculous suggestion MisterPL glare.gif Boil a whole factory just because someone assembled a chair incorrectly ? Are you nuts ? Just boil part of the factory...............the assembly department .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...