UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The future is already the past? I don't know that I've ever been so disappointed to not live in a dystopian present.

Who controls the past now controls the future.

Who controls the present now controls the past.
Who controls the past now controls the future.
Who controls the present now?
tongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's a cool set! The Blackbird build was fun but I was a little disappointed that they included two previously release X-men in different costumes (Wolverine and Magneto). It's just the second x-men set in 3 years and there are SO many other characters that could have filled those slots without even needing new pieces.

The brown Wolvie and Cockrum Cyclops were the main draws to me from that set. . .then I reminded myself that I'm not a LEGO collector. . .still having to remind myself about that quite a bit with some of the great releases they are coming up with.

I just got here, and I don't want to sift through this entire thread's worth of debates on scale and jackets, but I will say this...

Big Giant Mutant fan that I am...

Mystique has been at the top of my "Most in need of an update" list for ages, and I'm damned happy to be getting her.

I strongly disagree with anyone who says the original was fine. It's one of the most dated looking X-Men characters left out there. She looks very blocky, which most of the modern figures don't. And her hair piece is terrible. Undetailed. Plus I was never keen on that little flat bit sculpted under her hairline on the original figure (And the original White Queen figure). I never understood it, and always thought it looked dumb.

Really excited for this set! I was hoping the movie might spur something like this… I really wish there was somehow a male chest for that green jumpsuit. It would be awesome to be able to buy extras to customize into Magneto, Colossus and Franklin. As it stands, I may already have to make Storm and Rachel. I am getting used to the Wolverine coat. I'd really love to see some more classic storyline themed sets like this in the future. A Dark Phoenix set (or two or three) would be amazing! It would be the perfect way to get an updated Dark Phoenix, Jean as Marvel Girl (in the green dress), Cyclops, Storm, finally a Lilandra, etc. Make it happen DST!!

A Dark Phoenix set (or two or three) would be amazing! It would be the perfect way to get an updated Dark Phoenix, Jean as Marvel Girl (in the green dress), Cyclops, Storm, finally a Lilandra, etc. Make it happen DST!!

This! And all of this. I would loose my sh!t over the Phoenix Saga box set you've just described. Follow it up with a Dark Phoenix Saga full of villains (FA White Queen, Sebastian Shaw, Hellfire Mastermind & Dark Phoenix) and we've got ourselves a damn fine pair of sets.

I'm thinking about buying multiples of the DoFP Box set as well to make up extra M-camp mutants. I even went so far as to buy an extra Rachel Summer hairpiece to do a QC with...

A Dark Phoenix set (or two or three) would be amazing! It would be the perfect way to get an updated Dark Phoenix, Jean as Marvel Girl (in the green dress), Cyclops, Storm, finally a Lilandra, etc. Make it happen DST!!

This! And all of this. I would loose my sh!t over the Phoenix Saga box set you've just described. Follow it up with a Dark Phoenix Saga full of villains (FA White Queen, Sebastian Shaw, Hellfire Mastermind & Dark Phoenix) and we've got ourselves a damn fine pair of sets.

I'm thinking about buying multiples of the DoFP Box set as well to make up extra M-camp mutants. I even went so far as to buy an extra Rachel Summer hairpiece to do a QC with...

If only there was a guy uniform as well... then we could have Franklin, Mags, and Piotr.

If only there was a guy uniform as well... then we could have Franklin, Mags, and Piotr.

Colossus actually just wore the pants in the series, so you could get a set & use the pants along with a GSCM Colossus (minus his shoulderpads).

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get this figure as part of an associated two-pack? I don't care if Rachel didn't appear this way in the original story.

We did get this in red.... or did you specifically want the black version?

fig0908f3lg.jpg

Hail Ivan!