UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

I honestly don't understand all the complaints about the jacket. Four years ago no one would have bitched about it like this. Look back at all the old female minimates who used the exact same hairpiece. Everyone from Rogue to Silver Sable to Black Cat (plus numerous others) all used the same hair piece. Some people made comments about the reuse of that hairpiece over and over but there was no where near the level of bitching that there is now, especially over something as trivial as Wolverines jacket being a tad long.

This set is a definite buy for me. It looks great and I'm glad we have the chance to add it to our collections. I can't wait to see what we get next.

Four years ago DST was making the 90s X-Men and Hulkbuster Iron Man, just to name a few. There were plenty of new parts there and most of us would pick some of those as the best minimates ever made That aside, I don't see why the fact that minimates used to be worse means we should be happy with mediocrity now.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't understand all the complaints about the jacket. Four years ago no one would have bitched about it like this. Look back at all the old female minimates who used the exact same hairpiece. Everyone from Rogue to Silver Sable to Black Cat (plus numerous others) all used the same hair piece. Some people made comments about the reuse of that hairpiece over and over but there was no where near the level of bitching that there is now, especially over something as trivial as Wolverines jacket being a tad long.

This set is a definite buy for me. It looks great and I'm glad we have the chance to add it to our collections. I can't wait to see what we get next.

Four years ago DST was making the 90s X-Men and Hulkbuster Iron Man, just to name a few. There were plenty of new parts there and most of us would pick some of those as the best minimates ever made That aside, I don't see why the fact that minimates used to be worse means we should be happy with mediocrity now

OK, maybe more like 6 years ago. Point is is that people are nit picking over something as minute as that . I remember people complaining when the bulked up minimates (Hulk, Thing, etc.) showed up saying that they didn't look like minimates anymore. People wanted them to stay with their more simplistic look. Don't even get me started on the DC Minimates that showed up with sculpted heads and other parts. People complained about them too. I saw them as just an evolution of our favorite little figures. I'm sorry, but a coat that is not comic accurate is not a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't say the older minimates were worse either, they just had a more simplistic style, and that is what originally got us all hooked on them.

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

Well I think DST is a victim of its own success in a way. Of course, nowadays we wouldn't accept something like this:

g7b81a6bf.jpg

*photo courtesy of Danny/Minimates Central*

But DST has spoiled us a bit by making the line "evolve" in various ways. So, at this point I think we all have some threshold by which we'll accept liberties taken for this or that purpose, but on certain figures, with certain changes, any given member may legitimately take issue. For me, the jacket issue kind of sucks because I love the source material, and I'm a big Wolvie fan, and lots of the figures DST does I don't care about get all kinds of nifty new parts. But at the same time, I totally understand where they're coming from doing this, and I'll repaint an Expendables Arnold jacket, so not the end of the world for me personally.

Edited by karamazov80

Just take that arnie jacket. Take a normal black shirt part , plus pants , wolvies head and paint a little white strip. Literally the easiest custom!

I'll prob do that then sell the rest of the figs in the real pack I really really just want raven. Even though I like the look of the set, I'm trying to keep my mini numbers down to ones I just really need

I decided to just change the cover of my Uncanny X-men # 141........it seemed the easiest way to go until I saw the upcoming 'homage' Minimate cover of 'Previews' variant Uncanny X-Men #23 ...........

post-638-0-14928500-1403021142_thumb.jpg

Where do I go ? Who shall I now turn to ? What is now right what is now wrong ?

{big smiling emoticon with just a dash of irony}

I stopped collecting for about three years (2011ish to now) after having collected them since series one, and just started collecting them again three weeks ago. I guess I'm not as used to all the great changes and improvements that they have made over the past few years like the rest of you so that is why I'm not letting something like the length of his jacket bother me. If they tried giving us a tampo'd jacket on Wolverine like the original DOFP Wolvie I would be complaining. I stopped collecting around the time the Dark Avengers sets came out, so I was just starting to get spoiled by how awesome minimates were becoming, so I can see other peoples points. I see other jackets that would have looked better on him, so I do question the choice they went with, but like I said before, its not a huge deal in my eyes.

I was fully prepared to explain that John Byrne simply extrapolated 2013 fashion incorrectly and that men's jackets weren't actually that short in his future, making the longer jacket more accurate.

Then I did some research (okay, I Googled "men's 2013 jackets") and got this page from GQ.

There it was, the very first image on the damned page; Logan's "future" jacket from last fall:

MRP10_GQ_20Nov12_pr_b_320x320.jpg#885155

Already planning to get an extra set to get two sentinels and maybe use the extra green legs to made a future Colossus! It would be great if the pack included a male green torso too to customize other characters like Franklin Richards and future Magneto in the wheelchair!

If you don't mind people having the same patch's, you could potentially make up Rachael Grey, Kate Pryde, Storm, Colossus.

With a matching boobless torso, you could Make up Magneto & Franklin Richards and have the whole gang (hint hint, Decal-makers!) biggrin.png