UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't posted in awhile, but wanted to chime in that I noticed Wolverine's coat looking wrong first thing, and I only know this story from the cover and post-90s references. That IS a major issue, and not one I appreciate being breezed by.

I haven't bought any Minimates since I got a great deal on the SDCC Iron Man 3 set (which I liked because I didn't have any of the armors and Pepper and Tony looked great), but one of the reasons is nothing stands out to me right now. Big Bang Theory look cool, maybe a Kill Bill Bride, but nothing Marvel interests me these days. Maybe the movie Falcon - that's it. And this Mystique, but I don't like how she turned out cheapy-looking with the skull painted on her face and re-used First Class Mystique hair(?). The belt I didn't notice, but I don't care for it now that I've taken another look.

Combine this with the lackluster unmasked Garfield and Evans likenesses, and the (admittedly getting re-painted) Kill Bill 7" likenesses, DST has me a bit worried now in a way I didn't use to be in regards to their products. I want to buy stuff - but it's the just almost being good enough that keeps my money in my wallet.

Four months is not that long ago. And to be fair, there are a lot of people here and elsewhere who think our Cap Movie wave was a steak dinner and that came out two weeks ago. Many are happy to get new characters from movie lines, whether or not they fit into comic collections.

Marvel Minimates (and Marvel Select, since it's been thrown into the mix) has been going consistently for a longer time than most toy lines out there today. I'm sorry there are people here who don't have the full insight into what it takes to keep the line going, and the hurdles we have to jump over just to get a 2-inch figure made.

(By the way, Kill Bill isn't past the prototype stage yet, so hold any criticism of THAT line until you see painted samples.)

Sorry some people see Wolverine's coat as an egregious mistake. An earlier version of that figure has a shorter coat, and maybe that one will work better for you.

Edited by DSTZach

This would be a typical example of wanting to nail my tongue to my keyboard but things need to be said .

All my personal opinions :

The first DOFP Wolverine Minimate is just terrible ......Riot Spidey is a class or two above it. The only thing it had going for it was an accurately designed ....er....jacket , awfully presented but accurate. The new DOFP Wolverine's jacket is wrong ,wrong in a way that is well....just wrong. The rest of the figure is OK.

The first Mystique Minimate ? I'm not a connoisseur of the character but it pretty much did the job although I'd agree a swirly loincloth might be an improvement just like the new 'improved' Elektras have . New heads for the new one are just fine. It's OK.

Sentinels ? I'm OK with Minimate Sentinels now .....now that I'm brainwashed into thinking that they are OK with being stuck in that OK place where Minimate Hulks once were. This guy is OK .

Kitty Pryde ? No real issues with the first one who still holds up with new stuff to a high degree. The new one is OK .

All of them are OK .

They're all OK & its OK that time schedules warranted the OK'ness & its OK that the movie has been scheduled for years & the source material appeared in comic-book form 34 years ago . I'm OK with that.

If anybody at DST is thinking about producing [for example only] a comic accurate Blob anytime soon can I just point out that he needs to be really fat , just like I believe he is in the comic book .

OK?

Love the picture of Sentinel breaking through the wall.

If anyone is super bummed about scale still, perhaps posing your sentinels with some Puppetmaster puppets will help?

I couldn't find my Puppet Master puppets! I bet that'd look great.

Wolvie will have a pouch instead of a holster, due to gun control laws.

Oh that suggestion was more for the scale-haters. I'll see if i can dig mine up and use one of the current sentinels for a pic this weekend.

"If the cap fits wear it " biggrin.png

Scale-hater ? Me ? Not really . Hypocrisy -hater ? Yep that'll be me .

If scale & size aren't an issue why the merry fuck bother with the torso-extensions & oversized- boots ?

I'll run that by you again if you like but I'm sure you must see my point ,whether you agree or not isn't an issue.

Time after time I've read about the 2" rule....I know the 2" rule better than Chuck does but unfortunately my 2" doesn't match up with 2" anymore leastways the 2" I used to know .

I get it I really do ....put up with a 2" version of a Sentinel or don't have a Minimate Sentinel at all ......I get it .

Everything's fine...... everything's OK .

Who the fuck would buy a 3" Sentinel ?

No-one would buy a 3" Sentinel Minimate .....they'd buy multiples .

Where would the tooling come from ? I mean to say it's not as if we've ever had 3" Minimates is it ?

I'm OK.