UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just happy to get stuff. Some companies I have been noticing are putting a stop to con exclusives. This years batch is not the greatest but not the worst either. I just wish we had more to buy then only these sets. The ton of stuff that was offered last got me spoiled I think?

PREACH it Brother! For me there was no better years than the New Mutant/AOA year and then the Alpha Flight year.

Hey, I love Inferno. They just haven't revisited it lately. Curious who would be in a set: Goblin Queen, N'astirh, Magik... S'Ym? Tattered Storm? Demonic X-Men? X-Factor? It's been a while for me, too.

Still more to come for this year, we may surprise you.

Hey, I love Inferno. They just haven't revisited it lately. Curious who would be in a set: Goblin Queen, N'astirh, Magik... S'Ym?

These four sound good. Just make sure Magik can transform into Darkchylde and include a baby Nathan (this is a MUST, reusing the Walking Dead baby). If you had to, you could drop N'astirh or S'ym for an updated Sinister, not saying Sinister needs an update.

Damn, I want this set REAL BAD.

Edited by Tetton517

Hey, I love Inferno. They just haven't revisited it lately. Curious who would be in a set: Goblin Queen, N'astirh, Magik... S'Ym? Tattered Storm? Demonic X-Men? X-Factor? It's been a while for me, too.

I like the sound of the surprise!

Personally, I'd think Goblin Queen w/baby Nathan, Magik w/Darkchylde parts, then any combination of:

Mr. Sinister

Demonic Wolverine

Demonic Storm

Demonic Sabertooth

N'astirh

Sym doesn't look as cool as Ridley... er... N'Astirh. Sinister isn't at ALL necessary. So one of the X-Men all messed up by dark magic probably makes the most sense.

I don't like the Sentinel at all. Mystique looks great. Civilian Kitty is too specific and unnecessary, but you say she transforms into her green costume? That would actually sell me on her, can't wait to see pics. Wolverine would be better with an accurate coat. These things DO matter when you're doing an iconic cover.

Think I might be done with this line after the X-Force and Deadly Foes box sets. Classic comic designs and character diversity is why I started collecting. It's just not fun anymore if that's what you're into. I just can't see stuff like New Mutants Warlock or Molecule Man getting the green light today.

EDIT: the alternate look is another civilian look, I thought you meant one of her early Ariel/Sprite looks. Nevermind.

Edited by bigvis497

Classic comic designs and character diversity is why I started collecting. It's just not fun anymore if that's what you're into. I just can't see stuff like New Mutants Warlock or Molecule Man getting the green light today.

These are exactly the things I'm into.

It's still fun for me.

Do I find myself buying fewer figs? Yeah. But...that's sort of a given. If you have 1000 characters and 50 are pretty major and 10 of THOSE are tent poles, then you're going to get those 10 ten times over and the other 40 two or three or four times each before you ever see a tenth of the remaining characters. It's business. For ten years, we were mostly okay with that because advancements were being made and iconic looks remained. Brown costume Wolverine is huge. Period. AvX Emma Frost is leaps and bounds above White Queen Emma. BUT eventually, you run out of the best options for rehashing those tent poles and you have to get creative. So you put out figures that don't catch fire like past offerings. Okay, fine. Whatever. It's not a subscription service. No one is being charged a fee and shipped the figures regardless of who or what comes out. If you don't like this box set, that's totally fair, but how does that make collecting the line as a whole "not fun?" I just don't get it. Eating a hot dog today won't make my steak dinner next week any less enjoyable.

That's my two cents. You've lost your passion? i'm sorry to hear it. For me, there's still way too much good to scoff at, and the stuff I DON'T "need" is just a welcome chance for my wallet to recoup.

Classic comic designs and character diversity is why I started collecting. It's just not fun anymore if that's what you're into. I just can't see stuff like New Mutants Warlock or Molecule Man getting the green light today.

These are exactly the things I'm into.

It's still fun for me.

Do I find myself buying fewer figs? Yeah. But...that's sort of a given. If you have 1000 characters and 50 are pretty major and 10 of THOSE are tent poles, then you're going to get those 10 ten times over and the other 40 two or three or four times each before you ever see a tenth of the remaining characters. It's business. For ten years, we were mostly okay with that because advancements were being made and iconic looks remained. Brown costume Wolverine is huge. Period. AvX Emma Frost is leaps and bounds above White Queen Emma. BUT eventually, you run out of the best options for rehashing those tent poles and you have to get creative. So you put out figures that don't catch fire like past offerings. Okay, fine. Whatever. It's not a subscription service. No one is being charged a fee and shipped the figures regardless of who or what comes out. If you don't like this box set, that's totally fair, but how does that make collecting the line as a whole "not fun?" I just don't get it. Eating a hot dog today won't make my steak dinner next week any less enjoyable.

That's my two cents. You've lost your passion? i'm sorry to hear it. For me, there's still way too much good to scoff at, and the stuff I DON'T "need" is just a welcome chance for my wallet to recoup.

I can post a more detailed response about why it's no longer fun but it's just going to get picked apart by the hive mind who feel the need to jump all over somebody who dares to disagree with something DST does. There's been way too much of that lately and I'm not going to waste my time.

My two cents.

Tray shots look great. Love love LOVE that we are getting a box set with TWO women in it. LOVE even more that they are not smiling or looking 'sexy'.

Alternate heads. Alternate looks. It may not be characters that are on my top 10 list, but it's still a very nice set. I will surely be getting this set.

If you don't like this box set, that's totally fair, but how does that make collecting the line as a whole "not fun?" I just don't get it. Eating a hot dog today won't make my steak dinner next week any less enjoyable.

While comparing this boxset to something made of pig snouts seems fairly accurate, I think the point is that you have to feel like you're getting the steak dinner sometime and if you compare what we're getting now to what there was before there aren't any steak dinners on the way. DST deserves some slack since Marvel is releasing four movies in four months but I can totally understand the feeling. Add to that some questionable design decisions on some of the upcoming product and I'd have to agree things get less fun pretty quickly.

Perhaps broke gogo dancer Goblin Prince Havok?

86a4d7dd26e68567115b5552ed426213.jpg

And put me down as someone who very much hopes that we one day see a Goblin Queen minimate.

And put me down as someone who very much hopes that we one day see a Goblin Queen minimate.

Oh hell yeah, scratch my original line up. This is who needs to be in the Inferno box set:

Goblin Queen with baby Nathan

Magic with parts for Darkchylde

Havok in tattered clothes

N'astirh

To quote one of our members here - HOT SEX!

If you don't like this box set, that's totally fair, but how does that make collecting the line as a whole "not fun?" I just don't get it. Eating a hot dog today won't make my steak dinner next week any less enjoyable.

While comparing this boxset to something made of pig snouts seems fairly accurate, I think the point is that you have to feel like you're getting the steak dinner sometime and if you compare what we're getting now to what there was before there aren't any steak dinners on the way. DST deserves some slack since Marvel is releasing four movies in four months but I can totally understand the feeling. Add to that some questionable design decisions on some of the upcoming product and I'd have to agree things get less fun pretty quickly.

We just got a steak dinner. Wave 54 was amazing and was recent. Before that was Wave 51 which had some stand outs like Shanna, Maria Hill, Commander Rogers, and new shield agents. At the same time was Wave 50- the fan choice wave. Wave 48 was the incredible FF wave with amazing updates plus Puppet Master, Blastaar, Alicia Masters, and Moloids. Wave 47 was the killer Outback X-Men wave. Not even thinking about TRU sets, box sets, or best of waves, it's easy for me to see that in the last two years we have gotten five comic waves that I would consider steak. Plus five movie waves which I have liked. I think sometimes we get spoiled, and looking at the future we forget to look at the past. This might be seen as "hive mind" drivel, but it's not. It's my opinion, fairly arrived at by my own independent brain and based on my own enjoyment of past Minimates.

I think the point is that you have to feel like you're getting the steak dinner sometime and if you compare what we're getting now to what there was before there aren't any steak dinners on the way. DST deserves some slack since Marvel is releasing four movies in four months but I can totally understand the feeling. Add to that some questionable design decisions on some of the upcoming product and I'd have to agree things get less fun pretty quickly.

We just got a steak dinner. Wave 54 was amazing and was recent. Before that was Wave 51 which had some stand outs like Shanna, Maria Hill, Commander Rogers, and new shield agents. At the same time was Wave 50- the fan choice wave. Wave 48 was the incredible FF wave with amazing updates plus Puppet Master, Blastaar, Alicia Masters, and Moloids. Wave 47 was the killer Outback X-Men wave. Not even thinking about TRU sets, box sets, or best of waves, it's easy for me to see that in the last two years we have gotten five comic waves that I would consider steak. Plus five movie waves which I have liked. I think sometimes we get spoiled, and looking at the future we forget to look at the past. This might be seen as "hive mind" drivel, but it's not. It's my opinion, fairly arrived at by my own independent brain and based on my own enjoyment of past Minimates.
My thoughts almost exactly. I generally don't care about the movie waves at all, but that's still a LOT of awesome mates in the past few years. The only toy line for me that can even compete is GIJoe and they're about to take an extended hiatus. So yes, Minimates are consistently the best, most fun, and most fan-centric toy line I collect.

Two side notes: just because two or more people disagree with you doesn't mean it's "hive mind" thinking. Best case scenario, they just have different opinions from you that happen to coincide with each other's. Worst case, you could just simply be wrong about something (not saying this, just offering up the possibility). Second? That pig snout comment is exactly what I would call "overly inflammatory." That's not "constructive criticism" like "Wolverine's coat is too long" or even just a reasonable critique like "There aren't enough new parts." I mean, have you seen the figures coming out based on Archer? Those look to be made of snouts and assholes. They look like elementary school kids designed them in art class. This box set isn't perfect, but my god, is it really THAT bad? I just feel like there needs to be a bit more perspective is all.

Edited by Mnemosis

I would love a Goblin Queen with the Goblin Princess for the win!

Excalibur_Vol_1_7_Back_Cover.jpg

I would love a Goblin Queen with the Goblin Princess for the win!

Excalibur_Vol_1_7_Back_Cover.jpg

That settles it. We need TWO Inferno box sets.

If you botch an iconic look based on an iconic cover, then, yeah, I think that's the equivalent of pig snouts. Is that unfair? Maybe. I was planning on buying the set until I scrolled down and saw the picture, now I actually think less of DST because they were willing to compromise the figures to that degree because of cost and it has certainly hurt my enthusiasm for minimates in general.

I don't really have a problem with DST's character selections lately but wave 54 was four months ago and unless there are some major surprises there aren't going to be any new comic characters the rest of the year. If some people are getting frustrated about that I can't blame them.