UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the pre order for these just showed up on bbts.com and they have the group shot with Rouge in it. I know shes not coming out but if anyone wanted to see what she would of looked like, head on over there.

thanks for the heads up.

rogue's hair is from P5 Emma Frost and it's an all white body. Hmmm... that's an easy custom (i think).

I'd have preferred neither Rogue or Storm, honestly. Rogue is a severely boring design that i would have just used for Ultimate Kitty Pride, or Agent 13, and Storm i have no interest in Halle Berry's version of the character. Trask, Bobby, FREAKING BISHOP, Sunspot; there were a lot of options.

I still have no words on Time Traveler Wolverine; i get it, he's in what's supposed to be the DOFP leather jacket. But we have like 6 of those already, another Wolverine already in this wave, and we're coming off way too many from his movie wave. Knowing characters like Bishop aren't getting made but another Logan is, that's ridiculous. (Doesn't matter if it was Fox who mandated it, btw. Ridiculous either way.)

Anyway, Love the rest of the Wave. Magnetos and Charles(s) look AMAZING and it's amazing to finally get McKellan and Stewart after being criminally glossed over in the X3 wave. Love the wheelchairs.

Yea, why does everyone want that Rogue, anyway? It's an all-white Minimate with a few lines of minimal grey detail, a bland face that looks little like Paquin, and a hairpiece we've had at least once before. She makes for a REALLY boring figure, and a really easy custom. I don't want Storm either, but she at least looks more interesting.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I still have no words on Time Traveler Wolverine; i get it, he's in what's supposed to be the DOFP leather jacket. But we have like 6 of those already, another Wolverine already in this wave, and we're coming off way too many from his movie wave. Knowing characters like Bishop aren't getting made but another Logan is, that's ridiculous. (Doesn't matter if it was Fox who mandated it, btw. Ridiculous either way.)

What's ridiculous about making 'mates of the main character in the movie who also happens to be the most popular mutant? If they actually want to sell product leaving him out would be ridiculous.

Yea, why does everyone want that Rogue, anyway?

Well, I wanted her because that's the one new costume I actually liked, and one of the few characters I think they really captured properly in the modern day films (and I disagree it's a bad likeness). I don't think it's that weird to want a 'plain' character you like over a more detailed one you don't, but oh well, I'll live. I'll probably grab a Mystique though, she turned out great.

Edited by battlecat

I'm actually kinda happy for the swap. Storms hair looks good and might have been harder to customise.

glad we got to see Rogue. She looks like a fairly straightforward custom to do.

As mentioned above, it'd be awesome to have gotten Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, Warpath, Trask, Sentinels etc... - but i'm still pretty happy with most of the figures that made the final wave.

I wouldn't think so, considering they aren't holding back with any of the heavy hitters (Mags, Prof. X, Wolvie). Movie-mates have historically been slow sellers (based on my informal observations), and for good reason because they don't usually play to the strengths of the line. So to succeed I think they need to have something that grabs the attention of the casual fan. If Prof. X and Mags were included, that could happen, but without it. . .maybe if they included a Peter Dinklage it would appeal to some GOT fans, though.

On the other hand, if we got a complementary pack in the sense of a comic-based X-Men 4 pack, that could be a different story. Giant Sized X-Men redux, please.

I just marathoned this thread, so forgive me for not quoting. There was a question posed about Xavier walking. Maybe he has Trask Industries DNA prosthetics mentioned in the '25 moments' timeline shared?

Disappointed about Rogue. Too bad we can't get her head at least as an alternate look for Mystique.

Two Wolvies are also a little sad, but I understand and at least they look different enough.

I love Mystique and the two (four) leaders!