UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these a lot. I wonder how they will sell. I would've wanted some different characters instead of Future Versions, but eh, I can go with the flow.

Future Xavier: "I'm so old"

Future Magneto: "No, I'm so old"

Future Wolvie: "I am also really, really old"

Future Xavier seems a bit short in his chair. He also seems to be smuggling white caterpillars on his brow. Might swap the head with a Legacy Picard. Fantastic wave overall, even Storm. Yawning over another civilian Wolverine but thats not due to the minimate, would have preferred a unique character instead but I understand DST's choice here. I'm liking these more than GoG which is a nice surprise personally.

No major accessories I can think of, but I need to check and see if either Mags comes with a helmet.

MTV should show off the ASM 2 stuff Thursday.

How are we supposed to wait that long?! Argh!!

Just kidding, can't wait to see the TRU versions.

LOOOOOVE 70's Magneto & Mystique. That Mystique is gonna be able to go with the X3 wave too.

Storm is actually a really nice figure. I can actually see a bit of the likeness between her ans Halle.

Both Xaviers chairs are total wins.

I do hope 70's Mags comes with a helmet.

I think I'm the only person on Earth who doesn't love the scaly Mystique look. I don't dislike it or anything, but it's not my preferred look for Mystique.

i am very vocal in my distaste of her look in the films, especially her hair, i just think she needs something more tactical for the line of work she is in, even if its just her scales forming more armor like plates, she could still be naked and proud, but at least she'll be functional

my thoughts on the mates:

I gotta say, the lack of "major accessories" is disappointing, and Storm is definitely NOT the logical choice, seeing as she will have about the same amount of screen time as Rogue :P (at least based on recent reports)

the mates look good, and both Charles's are a definite buy from me, but i really need to see in hand pics of these before I get more excited

im hoping the lack of accessories (and in some cases new sculpts) in this and the ASM2 wave are in part to put extra effort into the GOTG wave

Edited by undeadpool

To be fair, Xavier's chairs are major accessories, but I will double-check what else is coming.

Storm was one of Fox's suggestions, and the only one executable on short notice. Besides being a known X-Man played by a high-profile actress, she's at least involved in the fighting, while Rogue is still only a cameo, which is likely why Fox requested the change.

Is Storm going to be so pale in the finale figure?

I have absolutely no plans to see this movie (as time moves on I’m getting more and more pissed about the ending of “the Wolverine”, an otherwise outstanding movie, being a pointless film ruining Boss Fight, and remembering how every X-Men movie has ended with a stupid power showcase grinds the plot to a hault boss fight I decided f**k it, that’s not the kind of movie I want to spend time watching these days... I’m actually doing good not seeing it because the less money X-Men films make the sooner the rights revert to Marvel anyway)

but I really like the minimates. So while the movie is SUPER pass, I can’t wait to pre-order these tomorrow.

I think I'm the only person on Earth who doesn't love the scaly Mystique look. I don't dislike it or anything, but it's not my preferred look for Mystique.

I don't like it at all. To me, it just doesn't look like it's part of her body. it just looks like she's got all this stuff glued onto her, that will fall off if she moves the wrong way.

I don't like it at all. To me, it just doesn't look like it's part of her body. it just looks like she's got all this stuff glued onto her, that will fall off if she moves the wrong way.

I'm not particularly fond of it either. And it's not like Mystique's semi-modern costume is anything strange, she's a blue black widow.

im excited for the Mystique minimate. i've always wanted an all blue Mystique, thanks DST!

too bad about Rogue though. i wanted her in that costume.

Zach, aside from the prototype shown in the convention, where there any Rogue figures made before Fox asked you to replace her with Storm? like do you guys have a handful of the figures made in your factory when Fox asked you to stop?