UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he fought Magneto at the end, Eric put the bullet (shrapnel?) straight through the center of his forehead, right where a diamond-shaped scar/mark could be left behind

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120412214134/villains/images/d/da/Death_of_Sebastian_Shaw.jpg

I'd think nothing of it, if they hadn't already peppered in such an Essex-ian past

Unique interpretation.

Really? You honestly think that theyrewrote the character's history to match that of Mr sinister, then gave him a bullet wound in exactly the spot Mr sinister had his trademark diamond, and that just HAPPENED to be a coincidence? Remember... this isn't just a fight that happened out of nowhere. This is scripted. Is there any other way to depict a bullet wound to the head? Absolutely. But more to the point, it's the simple fact that they CHOSE a bullet wound, to the head, dead center of the forehead, that made it seem like an obvious step in his transformation. To me, that is.

Really? You honestly think that theyrewrote the character's history to match that of Mr sinister, then gave him a bullet wound in exactly the spot Mr sinister had his trademark diamond, and that just HAPPENED to be a coincidence? Remember... this isn't just a fight that happened out of nowhere. This is scripted. Is there any other way to depict a bullet wound to the head? Absolutely. But more to the point, it's the simple fact that they CHOSE a bullet wound, to the head, dead center of the forehead, that made it seem like an obvious step in his transformation. To me, that is.

Well X-Men Apocalypse is the next movie. That direction isn't out of the question.

I agree that they lifted A LOT in terms of Sinister's backstory, but I don't think they intended to make Shaw into Sinister. If that were the case, they could have just made him Essex and let him live, or set up Apocalypse to resurrect him. It's interesting how close it is, but I don't think the filmmaker was thinking that they were setting up anything further with Shaw, as opposed to making Shaw's character more in line with the plot they had in mind.

Not that it matters but wasn't it a coin that he pushed through his head? The coin from the scene when Magneto was a kid and he was trying to force him to use his powers.

It would be cool if they were thinking that far ahead but there seems to be little forethought in any of the x-men movies beyond the current one.

I kind of balked at the thought of Shaw being alive for so long, but after a few minutes i decided to give myself over to the movie-verse and just enjoy the film...

But now that his back-story might preclude Sinister from being included in a future film, i am pretty bummed.

Edited by Nessex

I'm really excited for this movie, but I'm puzzled by how they're going to explain Professor Xavier walking and Beast not being blue yet. I thought maybe they sent Wolverine back to before that happened, but if that's the case then what is Xavier so disheveled for?

I'm really excited for this movie, but I'm puzzled by how they're going to explain Professor Xavier walking and Beast not being blue yet. I thought maybe they sent Wolverine back to before that happened, but if that's the case then what is Xavier so disheveled for?

This movie is in the 1970s so it is after the wheelchair incident.

Apparently Beast has Hulkout style things.

As for Xavier, perhaps the film explains something. At least I hope it does.

This movie is in the 1970s so it is after the wheelchair incident.

Apparently Beast has Hulkout style things.

As for Xavier, perhaps the film explains something. At least I hope it does.

I'm curious how they would explain prof x walking again. i hope it would sound logical.

at first i thought Magneto has something to do with, but we see him walking without Magneto.

also, i have a question regarding the after/mid credit for The Wolverine. That was supposed to be set on the present right? so from the present, until the DOFP "future" Magneto, Prof X have been fighting Sentinels? to quote Magneto:

"There are dark forces moving, new forces, building a weapon that could bring about the end of our talent. Logan, I want your help."

DOFP is set on the 70's right? so why is Mags talking about the Sentinels like it's something new to them? that's just confusing for me.

and yeah, i'd take a Quicksilver minimate over a Halle Berry Storm.

Personal QS/SW theory:

So we know by the end of the movie the timeline has been "reset", essentially clearing the slate. I'm thinking maybe QS/SW "slide" from the X franchise universe into the Marvel one, and the last scene is them just exploding in New York during the Chitari invasion.

Just a thought.

Personal QS/SW theory:

So we know by the end of the movie the timeline has been "reset", essentially clearing the slate. I'm thinking maybe QS/SW "slide" from the X franchise universe into the Marvel one, and the last scene is them just exploding in New York during the Chitari invasion.

Just a thought.

nope, sorry but its simple, Marvel has their licenses and casts and stories, and Fox has their own, these are two separate quicksilvers in two separate franchises, people need to start grasping that