UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2013 - Official Thread

Nessex

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, photography fail. Terrible lighting, bad setup, I'm fired. laugh.png

Seconds, big thanks to my secret santa for this amazing haul!

santa1.jpgsanta2.jpg

I got a couple of Loyal Subjects SD Transformers toys (which my baby boy already loves); a pile of my two favorite kinds of candy (and after the day I've had, I seriously wanted to just stuff all of those reeses cups in my mouth at once); two super cool customs of Genis-Vell and a very creatively kitbashed cyborg mercenary, and an awesome little trading card sketch of Galactus. Quite a nice surprise, and it really brightened up a crummy day.

And quite a clever note in there to help me piece it together, JCASTICK! biggrin.png

So a package arrived today from my Secret Santa. There was a clue in the return address -- a hand-drawn picture:

post-2123-0-52183700-1387047975_thumb.jp

When I opened the box, here's what I found:

post-2123-0-38925300-1387048007_thumb.jp

Based on the clue (which was super-familiar) I knew it was Shogi. Thank you so very much! I love them all!

I got my present today.

it blew me away. it consisted of some delicious candy

note candy canes not pictured due to my girls swiping them as soon as I opened the box.

wave 17 nova and venom. the bodyguard from the wolverine. and an incredible hand painted custom

of my most wanted mate. The Black Knight!!!

it came in custom packaging and has 2 versions!!! Classic and 90s leather Jacket!!!

it honestly blew my mind!!!

based on the note the font tells me it is Mattalica!!!

thank you so much!! I didn't deserve this so awesome

moc847. (Darren)

post-39-0-90832800-1387069999_thumb.jpgpost-39-0-33949600-1387070043_thumb.jpgpost-39-0-15899900-1387070091_thumb.jpgpost-39-0-53106600-1387070111_thumb.jpg

Secret Santa found me yesterday with the following great gifts:

mmmv_ss13_zps96a0a526.jpg

That's a Venom Through the Ages set, a Creature/Dr. Reed set, loose Luke Cage and Thing (about to re-enact a lost issue of Marvel Two-In-One), and bunches of candy! And a Madman trade paperback, which has put all sorts of custom ideas in my head. All this, and a very nice Hello Kitty card thanking me for sharing all the customs I've made, which is very nice considering I haven't publicly posted a new custom in over a year.

Thank you for the presents, Homestar. I love them. Especially because my kids don't want any of the candy. :)

Okay, I got mine today. smile.png I eagerly anticipate this time every year, and this year did not disappoint. I got 5 little packages and a big one that wasn't too hard to identify as a 2 pack.

post-51-0-80335100-1387080492_thumb.jpg

It was postmarked Deutschland, and the only person know on here from the Fatherland that signed up for SS this year is Bob Harris. I got a T700, wave 10 Nick Fury, an absolutely stuning wall base that I am pretty sure is Squall's handiwork, a SDCC TWD 2 pack, and a great custom zombie minimate!

post-51-0-16287200-1387080501_thumb.jpg

Oh, and some ponies. >_> Thanks Bob!

post-51-0-14665300-1387080509_thumb.jpg

I can only assume my special German candy was eaten before it made it in the package. tongue.png

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

So a package arrived today from my Secret Santa. There was a clue in the return address -- a hand-drawn picture:

attachicon.gifmmmv ss haul 2013.jpg

Based on the clue (which was super-familiar) I knew it was Shogi. Thank you so very much! I love them all!

Glad you like them! :D

Okay, I got mine today. smile.png I eagerly anticipate this time every year, and this year did not disappoint. I got 5 little packages and a big one that wasn't too hard to identify as a 2 pack.

attachicon.gifss13.jpg

It was postmarked Deutschland, and the only person know on here from the Fatherland that signed up for SS this year is Bob Harris. I got a T700, wave 10 Nick Fury, an absolutely stuning wall base that I am pretty sure is Squall's handiwork, a SDCC TWD 2 pack, and a great custom zombie minimate!

attachicon.gifss13-2.jpg

Oh, and some ponies. >_> Thanks Bob!

attachicon.gifss13-3.jpg

I can only assume my special German candy was eaten before it made it in the package. tongue.png

Glad it arrived and you like what you got, TM2! ;)

I totally forgot to insert any hints, but as you already pointed out, the postmark gives everything away, right.

Fot the candy, I'd love to include a lot of candy, but your countries import rules forbid to include anything eatable in a package... confused.gif

Secret Santa found me yesterday with the following great gifts:

mmmv_ss13_zps96a0a526.jpg

That's a Venom Through the Ages set, a Creature/Dr. Reed set, loose Luke Cage and Thing (about to re-enact a lost issue of Marvel Two-In-One), and bunches of candy! And a Madman trade paperback, which has put all sorts of custom ideas in my head. All this, and a very nice Hello Kitty card thanking me for sharing all the customs I've made, which is very nice considering I haven't publicly posted a new custom in over a year.

Thank you for the presents, Homestar. I love them. Especially because my kids don't want any of the candy. smile.png

You're very welcome! There was a moment when I saw it was you that I went "Oh, crap! There's no way this'll be secret or hard-to-guess!" (Mostly because we've had several trades, tho not recently.)

attachicon.gifmmmv ss haul 2013.jpg

Glad you like them! biggrin.png

It's funny, because every time I see any of your posts I immediately think of Gary Oldman in "The Fifth Element." I saw the skull & laughed, because I knew right away it was you. (For some reason, in several topics lately, your posts have been at the top of the pages.)

It's funny, because every time I see any of your posts I immediately think of Gary Oldman in "The Fifth Element." I saw the skull & laughed, because I knew right away it was you. (For some reason, in several topics lately, your posts have been at the top of the pages.)

Comedic timing? :) The skull was the only clue I could even think of (though now that I type that I've thought of at least one other I might have to try next year)

You're very welcome! There was a moment when I saw it was you that I went "Oh, crap! There's no way this'll be secret or hard-to-guess!" (Mostly because we've had several trades, tho not recently.)

Actually, it was my wife who cracked the case. She looked at the card, noticed it was Hello Kitty, saw your handwriting and said my Secret Santa was female. Then that lightbulb went off over my head, I checked the return address and knew it was you.

Well fellas, I just got my Secret Santa present, and it gave me a huge grin from ear to ear. I have no doubt that this is the best present I will get of any kind this Christmas. Phenomenal work, and the presentation is just perfect.

DSC_0699_zps4ecfa70f.jpg

DSC_0700_zpsfeaafecf.jpg

It's my favorite all-time wrestler--the Macho Man Randy Savage--doing his patented top rope elbow drop! With the championship belt on the line! I feel like a little kid getting this today. Thanks go out to Blacksun, who I know because he was my Child, and a former Santa of mine. My words don't convey how freakin' awesome this is. The beard is so great, and this is his really classic look that is my favorite, from the mid-80s. This guy will be enjoying Christmas with us, as I'm going to proudly keep him on the mantle. Thanks so much BS! buttrock.gif X 100

And of course, thanks also to Nessex, not only for organizing things, but for letting a late straggler like me get involved. :thumbsup: