UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2013 - Official Thread

Nessex

My Santa was Bigvis! Not only did he send me the full set of Tomb Raider direct market 'mates... but yesterday I got a package with:

-Poison and Lili

- robe for Invisible Man custom

- custom Spider-Mobile

-custom HERBIE the robot

Holy cow! Pics soon!

Thank you SO much for the best gift this year!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Santa was Bigvis! Not only did he send me the full set of Tomb Raider direct market 'mates... but yesterday I got a package with:

-Poison and Lili

- custom Spider-Mobile

-custom HERBIE the robot

Holy cow! Pics soon!

Glad you got everything before Christmas! I sent the Tomb Raider stuff early since I wasn't sure if the customs would be ready by the deadline. The robe I sent you was from murderofcrows, you can thank him for that. He was my Secret Santa and I accidentally got the robe that was meant for you. I literally put it in just as the package was going out, so everything worked out in the end.

I was going to start a custom thread but I wanted to wait until you received them before showing them off. I'll try to post some shots this week. I also saw you posted something about HERBIE in one of the 3D printing threads so I decided to give him a shot. The Spider-Mobile was something I've had in mind for a while since snagging some of those Knight Rider sets on clearance a while back from TRU.

Thanks again to Murderofcrows for my gift, and a big thanks to Nessex for organizing this years event. I had a blast! Hope everyone got their stuff and had a Merry Christmas!

There are still a couple of folks (3 it looks like) who haven't gotten their goods yet.
We'll wait it out till new year before announcing all the pair-ups.

No-one has contacted to me to say they were unable to send a gift, so i'm pretty sure everyone has something coming - but delays in USPS can happen. I'll follow up with on the outstanding gifts and make sure everything is ok anyway though :)

-Poison and Lili

- custom Spider-Mobile

-custom HERBIE the robot

Holy cow! Pics soon!

Glad you got everything before Christmas! I sent the Tomb Raider stuff early since I wasn't sure if the customs would be ready by the deadline. The robe I sent you was from murderofcrows, you can thank him for that. He was my Secret Santa and I accidentally got the robe that was meant for you. I literally put it in just as the package was going out, so everything worked out in the end.

I was going to start a custom thread but I wanted to wait until you received them before showing them off. I'll try to post some shots this week. I also saw you posted something about HERBIE in one of the 3D printing threads so I decided to give him a shot. The Spider-Mobile was something I've had in mind for a while since snagging some of those Knight Rider sets on clearance a while back from TRU.

Thanks again to Murderofcrows for my gift, and a big thanks to Nessex for organizing this years event. I had a blast! Hope everyone got their stuff and had a Merry Christmas!

Hey, cool! That robe got to me in the end! :) Thanks (both you guys) for that!

I'm having some camera troubles, so go right ahead and show 'em off with your pictures when ya want! :)

annnndd I totally spaced on posting my gift, i've been working non-stop (holiday season is crazy for us) but i finally have a chance to post

my Secret Santa (which i deduced by the return address being "KANG" and the hand written letter detailing that he is the biggest Universal Monsters and Kang fan on the board) is MYSTERY MAN

and thank you Mystery Man! your gift was awesome!

sziBnSD.jpg

Volumes 1 and 2 of All-New X-men! (a series ive been dying to read from the start) and so far im LOVING it

so thank you a ton and I hope everyone else had an awesome christmas biggrin.png

Edited by undeadpool

I got an awesome package in the mail yesterday with a TARDIS winter hat (which I love), a General Ross/Hulk 2-pack (Ross has been on my wants list for a while now), some tasty caramels and gummy bears, and best of all, a custom Age of Apocalypse Shadowcat Minimate!! Not only is the custom amazing, but my santa even made custom packaging for her! Age of Apocalypse is one of my favorite stores of all time, and she is a very welcome addition to my shelf. The pictures do not do this one justice. A big thanks goes out to Lobsterman!! As if the quality of the custom wasn't already a dead giveaway, it was also processed through the post office in your zip code. :)

What is that blue sparkly paint you used for her costume? I really like the effect!

100_5665_zps7d7558d9.jpg

100_5662_zpsefe663a7.jpg

100_5673_zpsc584f095.jpg

I'm glad you liked it, Luke, and I'm so sorry for it being a day late. I was sitting on the USPS site all day last Monday and Tuesday thinking "dammit! Why is it still sitting in the sort facility in St. Paul?!?"

The metallic blue was kind of a happy accident. I had mixed a bit of color shift iridescent paint with gloss varnish to finish my Dargon figure a while back and forgot to mark that paint pot. I thought I was putting plain gloss on Shadowcat, but immediately noticed the metallic sheen. I wasn't super happy with how it dulled the richness of the black, but the color worked for her outfit, so I decided to leave it.

Edited by Lobsterman

• 2 weeks later...

So.....was extremely happy to get a knock on my door and to find a package on my door step.

Looking at the address, and knowing who it was......It was my Secret Santa gift!!!!!

Though, there were instantly concerns:

IMG_20140116_152837.jpgIMG_20140116_152814.jpg

Uh oh........it must have been a hell of a trip.......

Opened everything carefully and everything was perfectly fine.

Now to my goodies:

Nice mixes of comics-

IMG_20140116_153912.jpg

Warhammer 40K Novel-

IMG_20140116_153958.jpg

An actual Armory of Lego sized Weapons and Armor-

IMG_20140116_154222.jpg

Some custom Lego dudes.....assuming Halo characters-

IMG_20140116_154541.jpg

Some more custom Lego pieces-

IMG_20140116_154946.jpg

STANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20140116_155107.jpg

Grodd and Deadpool-

IMG_20140116_155325.jpg

Some custom GL Mates: 2 Guardians, Red/Green Lantern Hal, and not quite sure on the fourth and a Larfleeze Head....(Really want to make a custom body for that one!!).

IMG_20140116_155725.jpg

Custom Duke Nukem-

IMG_20140116_155944.jpg

Custom Judge Dredd-

IMG_20140116_160136.jpg

A custom of a character I don't think I am familiar with-

IMG_20140116_160237.jpg

And finally, a custom Spawn mate!!

IMG_20140116_160039.jpg

I'd really like to thank Kostisfire for everything!!!!! Such a wonderful group of gifts!

And if you could give a bit of insight on some of the items I couldn't recognize, that would be great! :)

Thanks again!

So.....was extremely happy to get a knock on my door and to find a package on my door step.

Looking at the address, and knowing who it was......It was my Secret Santa gift!!!!!

Though, there were instantly concerns:

IMG_20140116_152837.jpgIMG_20140116_152814.jpg

Uh oh........it must have been a hell of a trip.......

Opened everything carefully and everything was perfectly fine.

Now to my goodies:

Nice mixes of comics-

IMG_20140116_153912.jpg

Warhammer 40K Novel-

IMG_20140116_153958.jpg

An actual Armory of Lego sized Weapons and Armor-

IMG_20140116_154222.jpg

Some custom Lego dudes.....assuming Halo characters-

IMG_20140116_154541.jpg

Some more custom Lego pieces-

IMG_20140116_154946.jpg

STANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20140116_155107.jpg

Grodd and Deadpool-

IMG_20140116_155325.jpg

Some custom GL Mates: 2 Guardians, Red/Green Lantern Hal, and not quite sure on the fourth and a Larfleeze Head....(Really want to make a custom body for that one!!).

IMG_20140116_155725.jpg

Custom Duke Nukem-

IMG_20140116_155944.jpg

Custom Judge Dredd-

IMG_20140116_160136.jpg

A custom of a character I don't think I am familiar with-

IMG_20140116_160237.jpg

And finally, a custom Spawn mate!!

IMG_20140116_160039.jpg

I'd really like to thank Kostisfire for everything!!!!! Such a wonderful group of gifts!

And if you could give a bit of insight on some of the items I couldn't recognize, that would be great! smile.png

Thanks again!

The lego customs were a very limited release (around 5 of each) that a guy named pecovam (he's on flickr) made. They were hand made and they are unpainted so you can do with them whatever you want (paint them, salvage them for parts,etc). I bought them last summer but i never got around to actually painting them (time limitations) so i though maybe someone else would have a better luck. Be careful though, they are very fragile. The first one on the right is Master Chief (halo 4 version), the guy in the middle is Prophet (from Crysis 3) and the last guy is Issaac Clarke from dead sapce 3.

The other Lantern is Power Ring (a mix of classic and new 52).

The 3rd custom is Issaac Clarke, based on the NECA figure of the second Dead Space game.

Anyway, sorry for the massive delay but post offices here on Christmas are awful (i received the packages i had ordered around the second of December a few days back).

Edited by Kostisfire

Wow - a lot of effort went into that one Kostisfire. Very nice.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, if i'm not mistaken, i think that brings this years Secret Santa officially to an end. Please feel free to let me know if you have any feed back on what worked & what didn't work, or if you feel anything could be done better next year (well, this year actually).
I'd very much like to thank everyone who participated. Secret Santa here at the MMMV is always one of the highlights of the year for me. I am blown away by the talent, kindness & generosity that goes into everyones gifts each time it's run. 2013's Secret Santa was no exception.

Thanks also to groundhog for letting me take a crack at organising it this year, and for not sabotaging me too severely in an effort to make yourself look better.

And thank you also to MY secret santa. In the interests of appearing fair, i didn't allocate myself a Santa - and yet someone sent me a little gift anyway and it will truly be treasured. I wont name names - you know who you are.

Merry Christmas MMMV. You guys are rock stars. See you next silly season.

• 1 month later...

Just realised that in past years, successful participants received a +1 in the Master Feedback thread.... so i have done the same.

Anyone who did not get a +1, please let me know. Cheers to all.