UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2013 - Official Thread

Nessex

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not notice the button or extra figure.

Ha Ha! I'm glad I said something before old Frank was tossed out with the shipping box!

And I have to say it was a ton of fun to make your gift this year and I'm psyched that I was able to pull off Macho Man to your liking. I wasn't sure if you wanted the simple costume or the crazy one with all the color and tassels, so I went with the easier of the 2, I'm glad I guessed right! And a highfive2.gif for being Secret Santa buddies!

Wow, blacksun! A light-up display case? That is awesome.

Yeah, I stepped my game up a bit this year and I'm afraid I've set the bar a bit high for myself for next year laugh.png

I also have to say thanks to you Nessex for organizing this year and letting those of us late to the party join in. Secret Santa is one of the things I look forward to most every year, it's part of what makes this place so special.

Multiverse Rules!! buttrock.gif

Very happy camper here! Got my present last night. Some great things, including some Universal Monster Mates, some Halo Mates, some candy canes, a Van Helsing DVD/Blu Ray and my favorite: a copy of the Minimate Theatre Holiday Spectacular.

I've been tempted to buy Halo mates in the store, but always resisted. I have to say, these really look great.

The Minimate Theatre comic book is wonderful to read in hard copy format. Been a big fan of the thread, but reading it in hand really shows off the quality and imagination that goes into setting these up. Plus, it was a heart warming story about a boy trying to connect with his father on Christmas with an equally heart warming story about the various Deadpools wanting to peep on the female Deadpool as she showered.

2vv2iyo.jpg

I am guessing that DaveOMac is my Secret Santa and new best friend forever and ever.

Thank you.

Got home from a not-so-great day at work today to a package sitting on my doorstep, lo and behold, my Secret Santa gift has arrived! Definitely made my day!

20131218_183152_zps6969c4b8.jpg

I got a handful of army builders: a Reaper, Kronan Stone Man, Kree Sentry, Nova Corps Centurion and a Minimate robe I'm not familiar with which will go towards a custom!

Also, a Maria Hill/Heavy SHIELD Agent to go towards my Army! And in an awesome coincidence, finally a TRU16 set!

I actually JUST posted in the TRU16 thread today that I finally found portions of TRU16 at my store. The two sets I found were Wolverine/Reaper and the Phoenix Five. I didn't have money on me so I hid them for later. Well, one of the sets I received from my Secret Santa was Phoenix Five Emma and Colossus! Talk about timing! These are really nice.

Also got the Secret Invasion: Infiltration TPB. I don't know if anyone here knows, but I'm a HUGE fan of the Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe and I collect all profiles that are written. The series is currently on hiatus, however new profiles will occasionally show up in trades and collected editions. I WILL buy entire trades of stories I may even already have just for a new handbook profile. This one has a five-page OHOTMU profile on the Skrulls! Awesome surprise, one more profile I can check off my checklist!

And finally, I got the new Hulk/Iron Man DVD! And with it, the Hulk in Iron Man Armor Minimate! Thanks Santa! I'm still new here and I haven't made many trades, so I'm not too familiar with who everyone is. It came from a Columbia, MD address. There's a drawing of what looks like an airplane targeting system on the box, maybe a clue?

Anyways, this was a lot of fun and I can't wait until my "child" gets mine. Can't wait to do it again next yer!

Got my Secret Santa gift today as well. I was completely blown away with the gift.

Two big ol' containers of Apoxie sculpt and an amazing stainless steel sculpting tool set. A silver tenth anniversary minimate (I didn't even know this existed) and an incredible Kurse custom.

I'm not sure who sent me the gift. There was no clue inside, but it was addressed from a "J Huffman". No idea which MMMV member that is but a big thanks to you.

SDC11632_zps8d12cb97.jpg

SDC11633_zps7d5a4437.jpg

hey bigvis

glad you liked the present.

my clues totally sucked. it was supposed to be a crow in the crosshairs. murder of crows. eh. I suck.

speaking of sucking the robe was mistakenly put in your package. It should have gone to someone else. Matt I am sorry i will have Luke send you a full figure for my inability to keep to packages separate.

sigh.

merry Xmas. moc847.

I'm not sure who sent me the gift. There was no clue inside, but it was addressed from a "J Huffman". No idea which MMMV member that is but a big thanks to you.

Glad you liked your gift, Brian. I mailed it during my lunch break at work, and when I got back to my desk I found the clue that was intended to be in the box... Oops. :)

Very happy camper here! Got my present last night. Some great things, including some Universal Monster Mates, some Halo Mates, some candy canes, a Van Helsing DVD/Blu Ray and my favorite: a copy of the Minimate Theatre Holiday Spectacular.

I've been tempted to buy Halo mates in the store, but always resisted. I have to say, these really look great.

The Minimate Theatre comic book is wonderful to read in hard copy format. Been a big fan of the thread, but reading it in hand really shows off the quality and imagination that goes into setting these up. Plus, it was a heart warming story about a boy trying to connect with his father on Christmas with an equally heart warming story about the various Deadpools wanting to peep on the female Deadpool as she showered.

2vv2iyo.jpg

I am guessing that DaveOMac is my Secret Santa and new best friend forever and ever.

Thank you.

Very happy you got everything on time and super excited for how much you enjoyed the comic. Thank you for the praise and honestly it's the reason I sent the package so late. It took me a bit longer to find the time to complete it with work and my in1 year old walking now but the fact you enjoyed it so much makes all the work worth while.

The story was actually inspired by you being a father so I decided to go a bit sweeter than weirder in this one. Though I had to have at least one inappropriate joke regarding the deadpools.

Hope you enjoy and very happy to have helped make yours a very Merry Christmas.

Oh BTW there are only 3 copies of that comic printed, one for pappy, one for myself and one was sent to my secret santa as a thank you. Still not sure who he is but I have some ideas....

Ooooh, my gift arrived today!!!

SecretSanta2013.jpg

I got a Michone/Crawling Zomb 2-pack and a Cyber-Spidey/Songbird 2-pack which I both really wanted! And additionally a 15$ iTunes gift card which is great, because that way I am able to buy stuff from the US store (the German iTunes store offers only German dubbed movies and series and I prefer the original versions!)

So great gift, Secret Santa. My Santa didn't include any hints, but I'm pretty sure it's Zexion Armando, so THANKS A LOT!!!

PS: On a sidenote, you pretty much misspelled my last name - which is no problem at all, since it arrived save and sound. But in case you laughed pretty hard when you read what you wrote, my last name is NOT a slang term for an errected male sexual organ. ohmy.pngno.gifrolleyes.giflaugh.png It rather resemble the current Speaker of the United States House of Representatives' lastname...

PPS: Tha Macho-Man is bloddy brilliant!!! Very well done, BS!!!

that's what mystery man wanted too. I will make it right!!!

Just saw all this (been dealing with a funeral). Thanks! smile.png

Real sorry to hear that man. That's some sad business to be dealing with at any time of the year, but especially during the holiday season. If you need anything, give a yell out.

You and your family are in our thoughts.

that's what mystery man wanted too. I will make it right!!!

Just saw all this (been dealing with a funeral). Thanks! smile.png

Real sorry to hear that man. That's some sad business to be dealing with at any time of the year, but especially during the holiday season. If you need anything, give a yell out.

You and your family are in our thoughts.

I truly appreciate that. Thank you.

Now that school is finished, I can finally post my SS gift (which arrived two weeks earlier, it's me who couldn't find the time to snap some pics)!

First up, a group shot of all my gifts in all their glory!

11511412064_dd5fa6c9b9.jpg

Next up two "The Wolverine" 2packs:

11511472183_fd0acf21c4.jpg

Two awesome custom Mystiques (santa hat not pictured since it's on my custom santa's head):

11511393684_52ac530490.jpg

A few older comic marvel stuff:

11511400544_f46a51724f.jpg

A Ghostbusters ghost:

11511914874_8654539a6c.jpg

A SHIELD Agent:

11512003246_576e1199db.jpg

And last but not least, a Gator!

11511387404_65c0f2b5ae.jpg

A really, really awesome gift all around! I got yet another agent to add to my army, more iron man villains and pretty much everything that was on my wishlist! As for who my santa is, i have no clue, but he/she did a great job!