UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2013 - Official Thread

Nessex

Well, I didn't think I'd be posting again in here so soon, but Christmas came VERY early for me this year. First of all a big thanks (highfive2.gif ) to Nessex for organizing a second group of Secret Santas for all us procrastinators, you know who you are tongue.png And a second big thanks to my Secret Santa, who was lightning fast with the gifting, holy crap! I was all like, what's that package, I didn't order anything? Then I was all like, whaaaaat?? Then I was all like, sweeeeet!!! My stuff came right from Luke's, so no clues to help me out, but group 2 was small so I might be able to make a guess after some thinking. Anywho, here's what I got:

Hulk TTA box set

Tomb Raider 2 pack

Onslaught

some cool throwing acessories from Luke's and a briefcase

So THANK YOU Secret Santa!!!

post-560-0-61139900-1385169738_thumb.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Y'all,
I'm up the coast for the next couple of weeks. I'm still checking messages, but probably not as frequently as i would be from home. If you don't get a reply from me re: Secret Santa business right away - please don't freak out. I'm just on holidays and will reply to you as soon as i check in again.

In the meantime - enjoy your shopping & gifting. I hope you all get something you really want :) I can't believe some gifts have already been exchanged.

I was your Santa this year, BS. Sorry for the lack of clues, but it was easier to just get Luke to ship them directly. Hope you enjoy the goodies! I know it went out a bit early, but after missing the first deadline on joining, I surely didn't want to miss out again and send out the gift too late! I hope all U.S. members are having a nice Turkey Day.

I received my Secret Santa gift today and have to say that my Santa knocked it out of the park. But, before the reveal, I had.... homework???

image_zpseacbc31e.jpg

image_zpsa821078c.jpg

Here were my clues:

image_zps8c634451.jpg

After some arranging and bad guesses, (Jojo Smurf = Billy Bob Doom?, Victor Von Jojo = Bad Smurf?), I came up with the correct answer: Papa(Pappy) Mojo = Secret Santa. So, before I go on, a gigantic THANK YOU to pappymojo. And my haul:

image_zpsba86341a.jpg

Every single part of this awesome present is going to be put to good use. First off, these caramels are insanely good. I don't mean yeah, those are ok. I mean yes, I've had 5-6 already. That good. thumbsup.gif

Now the mates.... The Battle Beasts line is one of my favorites and I've been going back and picking up packaged samples of the sets even though I open pretty much all of my figures. I didn't have the SDCC Exclusive pack to add to the collection, until now. thumbsup.gif

The DC Hawk pack will be a much appreciated addition to my growing Thanagarian army building effort. More Thanagarians = thumbsup.gif

And now for what was my favorite part. Last year my Secret Santa gift included a couple of Universal Monster 2 packs. I decided to keep one of them carded since those were my very first Minimates that weren't Marvel figures. From that point last year until now, I've worked to put together an almost complete collection. It's been almost exactly a year of trading and buying to get to that goal. But it started with a UM 2 pack. And now, this year's Secret Santa has sent a UM 2 pack as well, (and a different one than I received last year). It could not have been a more perfect exclamtion mark for the past year in terms of Minimates. I'll keep this carded and it will be one of those pieces in my collection that's very unique and special to me. thumbsup.gif

Thanks pappymojo!

You're welcome! Sorry they came so early. There's someone hiding in the second cannister as well.

Nothing wrong with early! It was pretty cool to start out the holiday season with it. And, SCORE! Camouflaged Blade in the candy! My gluttony had not yet reached the hidden Blade. Awesome gift, pappymojo.

Well Dino, even if you hadn't left your name on the box, the items I received would have been a dead giveaway.

A FULL SET of custom Tomb Raider Minimates!!!! Dino, you did such a great job with these, that I don't know if I can bring myself to open the packages.

Here they are:

'Apocalypse Now' Lara Croft & Jonah Maiava (with a nice nod to the MMMV on the Scavenger shield!) :)

20131203_202014.jpg

Samantha "Sam" Nishimura & Demon Sun Queen Himiko

20131203_201944.jpg

Vladimir & Battle Damaged Storm Guard General

20131203_201908.jpg

Alex Weiss & Scavenger Trooper

20131203_201838.jpg

He also included some Tomb Raider patches and a lithograph of Lara Croft.

20131203_204903.jpg

Again, Sam, I'm blown away by the generosity. Thank you very much for taking the time to make these. I know how much Tomb Raider means to you, so I'm sure it wasn't easy for you to part with these!

Glad you like them, mate. smile.png I've been sitting on pins and needles since yesterday. Those look better in the pics than they ever did irl. Especially that litho. I'm just sorry I couldn't create new name plates for them. sad.png

Also, the sword goes all the way through the general. Though Alex and the General come close, I think the bloody Lara is still my favorite. smile.png

2451202-tombraider+2013-03-06+01-43-22-5

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I just saw that! The hole in the General does in fact go all the way through!

No worries about the nameplates!

I think my favorite is the Demon Sun Queen, it is just spot on. I have a feeling we won't get the other TR mates that were on display at SDCC, so these are especially welcome additions to my collection. :)

Ok so here's the story my Secret Santa has blown my expectations. I got a big box in the mail opened it up and read the letter beow.

MMSS2013-1.JPG

MMSS2013-2.JPG

So I got this on Monday and so far have opened 4 gifts, yes I'm following the rules. I got two awesome Battle Beasts PRomo Mates (from SDCC and a retailer exclusive) My first ever MacFarlane Walking Dead Zombie (curses new collection starting...) and a stuffed Bicycle Girl Zombie that I'm proud to say my one year old boy LOVES!!

MMSS2013-3.JPG

MMSS2013-4.JPG

MMSS2013-5.JPG

MMSS2013-6.JPG

Will continue to update as I open more and already planning a nice thank you for my secret Santa whomever they be.

As well you should. This is only the most important social event of the season, where you and your gifts will be publicly judged before random strangers on the internet. Why, just last week I had a hobo shout at me "Badgers stole my trunks!" which I couldn't only assume was a euphemism of some kind. But it was such a well thought out and articulate statement that I couldn't help but elevate him to superior status. He is currently teaching a class on squeezing fish souls from old french fries. The effort you put into your gifts matters, and your sexual prowess will be called into question if you fail. That is our way.

As well you should. This is only the most important social event of the season, where you and your gifts will be publicly judged before random strangers on the internet. Why, just last week I had a hobo shout at me "Badgers stole my trunks!" which I couldn't only assume was a euphemism of some kind. But it was such a well thought out and articulate statement that I couldn't help but elevate him to superior status. He is currently teaching a class on squeezing fish souls from old french fries. The effort you put into your gifts matters, and your sexual prowess will be called into question if you fail. That is our way.

So that is what Hot Sex truly means.

I am forever cursed with Cold Bitter Sex now

So it was the weekend and my wife said I could do it and well I opened the rest. Very happy with my secret Santa, Who I will now try to figure out. I got the first wave of Battle Beasts, SDCC exclusive battle beasts, walking dead toy and stuffed animal and my absolute favorites Deadpool bank and key chain, two things I've wanted for some time.

I am still blown away by the kindness and creativity of my secret Santa. Guys like him keep making me up my game every year.

SantaFull2013.JPG

Wow - some very nice hauls so far :)

Don't forget that the US deadline for sending out mail is coming up in about 3 days. If you're struggling to get ready in time, or don't get your stuff sent out by the 12th, flick me an email so i can let your secret child know that there's still something coming for them.

Happy Gifting devil.gif

oops - wait. Sorry, i'm dyslexic. Lemme try again:

Happy Gifting santa-emoticon.gif

There we go... *phew*

Got what I'm guessing is my Secret Santa gift in the mail today. No clues or personal messages, but it was the 4 Tomb Raider sets I'd been wanting!

From some fellow named "Shawn C. Smith"... which doesn't ring any bells like a username would. Ah well... thanks a bunch! These guys are really fun and come with a buncha stuff! biggrin.png

Edited by Mystery Man