UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends how they do him. I don't know what kind of costume he wears in the comics these days, but if DST were to him just wearing a suit then i think i'd like to see him packed with some Tommy Guns and a replacement Tombstone or Hammerhead head-piece. It'd be a cheap way to knock out a couple of villains in one hit.

As for the box-set, can't wait to see the proto's or some design art.

Edited by Nessex

Chameleon's current costume is an espionage type of suit and it looks quite nice. To be honest most of Spider-Man's foes need re-releases and we still have more that haven't been released. Kraven could use a new coat and weapons and be packed with a kaine scarlet spider. The Chameleon could get his new suit and some fancy new toys. Scorpion, even though we already got a nice classic version, could get his modern upgraded outfit (the one made by smythe). Mysterio is pretty nice as is but i gues a new one would come with some awesome smoke acessories. The hobogblin needs a major update and we need a urich hob as well.The Vulture and the Cat obviously need an update. If they make a Superior Foes set they could have boomerang/beetle/livng brain/overdrive and shocker/speed demon. The only ones that are missing then are the jackal, tombstone, hammerhead, hydro man, jack o' lantern and Smythe (the new costume is sick). After that the only ones missing are characters like demon goblin, dopellganger,molten man, stunner, lady ock, trapster, etc who aren't that important.The others though are and I hope that we get a spidey wave and some spidey 2packs in 2014 because a rogues gallery as good as his should be represented accordingly. And as far as heroes go I wouldn't mind a 2099 spidey, a ben scarlet (and a kaine scarlet as i mentioned before) and madame web.

I don't necessarily agree that all of Spidey's foes need an update, but I do agree that there are still so many great Spider-Man characters that would look great as 'mates. Hasbro has started going a lot more obscure than they ever have in recent months, I never would have guessed our first Boomerang figure would come from them.

Yes I agree, in general I would much rather see some of the unmade classic spidey villains made than updates - it's actually been a surprisingly long time since we got a new iconic member of his rogue's gallery, aside from morbius of course. Having said that, I'm pretty excited for this set, especially the lizard/Curt Connors and Doc Ock!

Yes I agree, in general I would much rather see some of the unmade classic spidey villains made than updates - it's actually been a surprisingly long time since we got a new iconic member of his rogue's gallery, aside from morbius of course. Having said that, I'm pretty excited for this set, especially the lizard/Curt Connors and Doc Ock!

I consider the recent upgrades of Rhino and Kingpin to be necessary and very welcome. I'm good on Green Goblins for a long time, however. After this set, I'd be happy with upgrades of Black Cat, Mysterio and maybe Vulture, but otherwise would prefer unmade villains too.

After we get this set, then Hydro-Man, Chameleon, Hobgoblin and Kraven are the next re-do's I would like to see.

With all the new blast base pieces that people have used in customs, DST could knock an updated Hydro-Man out of the park. Needs to be the powersuit version:

spider-man-hydro-man-turnaround.jpg

This is still the version of Chameleon we need:

406px-Chameleon442.jpg

An updated Hobgoblin with glider is a no-brainer, maybe include alternate parts for various looks (Clean cape, ragged cape, Leeds/Kingsley/Macendale unmasked!, etc)

Edward_Leeds_(Earth-616)_0001.gif250px-Ned4.jpg275911-133644-hobgoblin.jpg

The original Kraven is so good, that I almost think it doesn't need to be on the redo list, except for the need of a sculpted tiger lion vest.
Maybe a classic Romita Kraven (with new accessories like a net, dart gun, etc) with alternate parts to make 'Last Hunt' Kraven.

KravenTheHunterByJohnRomitaSr.gif159519-60418-kraven-the-hunter.jpg

Edited by youbastards

After we get this set, then Hydro-Man, Chameleon, Hobgoblin and Kraven are the next re-do's I would like to see.

With all the new blast base pieces that people have used in customs, DST could knock an updated Hydro-Man out of the park. Needs to be the powersuit version:

406px-Chameleon442.jpg

An updated Hobgoblin with glider is a no-brainer, maybe include alternate parts for various looks (Clean cape, ragged cape, Leeds/Kingsley/Macendale unmasked!, etc)

The original Kraven is so good, that I almost think it doesn't need to be on the redo list, except for the need of a sculpted tiger vest.

Maybe a classic Romita Kraven (with new accessories like a net, dart gun, etc) with alternate parts to make 'Last Hunt' Kraven.

Seconded! A Kraven/Kaine Scarlet would make perfect sense as well. But i'd really, REALLY love to see the Marvel Knights version of the Vulture and the Smythe version of the Scorpion. Mysterio and Shocker could come with some great add on pieces. Chuck expressed interest in a superior foes set and Shocker is the only c-lister (where as the others are z-listers) in there so he's bound to be included.

Here's how i'd do a spidey wave:

LCS:

Hydro-Man/Hobgoblin-Kingsley

Scorpion-Smythe Upgrade/Urich-Hobgoblin

Kaine Scalret/Kraven

Ben Scarlet/Beetle

TRU:

Vulture (with add on red pieces so thathe can be marketed as part of a "heroic' team)/Smythe

Superior with backpack/Mysterio (same as the vulture)

Jackal/Classic Kaine

Chameleon (same as the vulture and with an add on Peter Parker head like that one time in amazing spider-man)/Black Cat

Superior Foes box-set:

Shocker

Boomerang

Overdrive

Speed Demon

And every major and not-so major Spider-Man villain is covered! Make this happen DST!

Edited by Kostisfire

406px-Chameleon442.jpg

The original Kraven is so good, that I almost think it doesn't need to be on the redo list, except for the need of a sculpted tiger vest.

Seconded! A Kraven/Kaine Scarlet would make perfect sense as well. But i'd really, REALLY love to see the Marvel Knights version of the Vulture and the Smythe version of the Scorpion. Mysterio and Shocker could come with some great add on pieces. Chuck expressed interest in a superior foes set and Shocker is the only c-lister (where as the others are z-listers) in there so he's bound to be included.

LCS:

Kaine Scalret/Kraven

Ben Scarlet/Beetle

TRU:

Vulture (with add on red pieces so thathe can be marketed as part of a "heroic' team)/Smythe

Jackal/Classic Kaine

Chameleon (same as the vulture and with an add on Peter Parker head like that one time in amazing spider-man)/Black Cat

Superior Foes box-set:

Shocker

Boomerang

Overdrive

Speed Demon

And every major and not-so major Spider-Man villain is covered! Make this happen DST!

Got to say your out by loads if you think that covers the not main Spidey Villains. it leans towards the modern Otto stuff but there is still alot of character that you say are not so major that easily fit in that category.

Molten Man

Doppleganger

Hammerhead

Tombstone

Jack O Lantern

Puma

Swarm

Cardiac

Carrion

Vermin

Lightmaster

Kangeroo

Just a quick from out of my head

406px-Chameleon442.jpg

Edward_Leeds_(Earth-616)_0001.gif 250px-Ned4.jpg 275911-133644-hobgoblin.jpg

KravenTheHunterByJohnRomitaSr.gif 159519-60418-kraven-the-hunter.jpg

LCS:

Kaine Scalret/Kraven

Ben Scarlet/Beetle

TRU:

Jackal/Classic Kaine

Superior Foes box-set:

Shocker

Boomerang

Overdrive

Speed Demon

Got to say your out by loads if you think that covers the not main Spidey Villains. it leans towards the modern Otto stuff but there is still alot of character that you say are not so major that easily fit in that category.

Molten Man

Doppleganger

Hammerhead

Tombstone

Jack O Lantern

Puma

Swarm

Cardiac

Carrion

Vermin

Lightmaster

Kangeroo

Just a quick from out of my head

It'd take 2 or 3 LCS and tru waves to complete Spidey's rogues gallery, the ones I mentioned are the A and B listers of his villains. I doubt we'll ever see Vermin tbh.

I'd buy just about everything posted in last few posts. The ones I'd most want to see though are re-done Vulture and Hobgoblin along with classic Beetle and Boomerang. Also would love Puma, Prowler and Speed Demon. Also some ones I know would never be made like Will o the Wisp and Stegron. Man-Wolf? Surprised Jackal hasn't been made yet. More Spidey the better far as I'm concerned!

Any pics yet Zach, or even prototype art?

Nope, not for a while. Sorry.

Didn't see a mention of the Grizzly, one of my faves, or the Gibbon, who Chuck mentioned wanting (but likely never making) in the latest Ask DST:

I don’t know, though I have my favorites, but I suppose some of the villains from the 70’s when I came of age reading Spidey would be cool – like the Gibbon or something.

Also not seeing a mention of the 50 Spider-Man variants we would need to package with the villains. biggrin.png

Also not seeing a mention of the 50 Spider-Man variants we would need to package with the villains. biggrin.png

You give us new villains and we'll take them all. Like Noir Spider-Man with Hammerhead. Considering you've already made Joe Fixit Hulk, all you need is a new head....

Jackal is certainly the most important Spidey villain yet to be made. I'm still surprised that we haven't seen a Spider Island set with him, the Queen, Scarlet Spider, and maybe the new Spider-Girl. Yes, I know, it doesn't have a Peter Parker, but I think SS would be close enough.

As far as redos go, I'd like a Kraven if it was either more Romita Sr-like, or a Last Hunt Kraven. A sculpted lion vest would be pretty kickass. Hobgoblin's another interesting choice. And while I agree that a new Hydro-Man would be cool... let's just all remember that he's Hydro-Man. No toy line should have two Hydro-Man figures.

Jackal is certainly the most important Spidey villain yet to be made. I'm still surprised that we haven't seen a Spider Island set with him, the Queen, Scarlet Spider, and maybe the new Spider-Girl. Yes, I know, it doesn't have a Peter Parker, but I think SS would be close enough.

Sold American!! I'll have that wave. If DST does decide to revisit some villains, I hope they make different looks so there's at least something new about them. For Vulture they could make the Black outfit version, they could do the new Urich Hobgoblin, if they redo Chameleon I wouldn't mind if he looked just like his 90's animated version. Of course, I'd rather have Kaine, Jackal, Boomerang, Hammerhead, Jack O' Lantern, Toxin, Tombstone, Speed Demon, Cardiac, I could go on....

Edited by Valo487