UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I particularly liked the Deadpool Assembles one:

“And where is Doc Ock-Pool? Once again DST ignores my power!"

Gold.

I kinda wanna try to make an Ock-pool now!

Edited by Nessex

I think Mysterio is perfect as is, but thats me.

Vulture, Black Cat, Chameleon, and the Jackle could be a good place to start. Or Morlun to get on that Spider-Verse event.

Of course, I also would say yes to redo's of Shocker and Electro.

Still think Beetle is one of the more obvious missing villains alongside Jackal and with a couple of popular villains to anchor the set a second Deadly Foes could be the place to get him. Hell we got Vault Guards and still have no Beetle. Tragedy.

Yeah I would love future sets to contain some unmade classic spidey villains.

However, the main point right now is like so many others I love the way this has taken off across the minimate sites and Luke can't be praised highly enough for the imagination, humour and sheer hard work he is putting into this. He really deserves to get lots more exclusives and for this one to do well.

Right now I'm just really wishing I hadn't pre-ordered my 3 sets of this and the gotg wave on the same order - at the time I thought gotg would hit first and didn't mind waiting for that wave so they could be shipped together! Waiting for Luke's set and knowing it's out there is a whole lot harder...

These suggestions for future boxsets are a little repeat heavy in my opinion

How about:

* Jack O Lantern

* Beetle

* Doppelganger

* Tombstone

I agree with both your point and your suggestion.

I hope that every fan of these is able to acquire every character they want, however, just because you don't have one doesn't mean it needs a redo. I see a lot of that when suggestions are made for future box sets and waves.

Edited by Valo487

I'd only vote Vulture because, personally, I didn't care much for the first minimate of him. It's an okay one, but not fantastic. And on top of that he was in a boxset with thee other minimates that, from what I remember, are considered lackluster. In other words, he probably deserves better.

Mysterio is pretty much perfect, yeah. Kraven though I'd give a new jacket to at least and maybe some cool new weaponry. He merits a second run.

Lackluster is putting it nicely. I agree that Vulture could use an update. Perhaps include a second head for the Blackie Drago version. I personally would like another Mysterio. I found the coloring on the first one way too muddled. I would go with Hydroman for another foe. Some updated parts would be seriously cool for him. And I guess Beetle would be cool to finish out the set.

What I like about Luke's first exclusive is that it's essentially a "Best of" offering. These aren't new characters that are going to go out of style, they're classics with an infinite shelf life.

Obviously that's the safest route to take and depending on how this first set sells, I'd recommend the same formula going forward.