UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc Ock (with new sculpted tentacles similar to the Mr. Fantastic "Stretch" pieces, that can hold onto a minimate body, and bottom two tentacles can hold him off the ground?)

feel free to add.

#gimmefreeboxset #ormaybejustapeekatthecontrolart #pleeeease

Actually I and a few others made customs of this years ago.

I'm looking forward to this set, not as much as some because I have all the characters but it still sounds good. I will ask though, please make this the last Sandman, haha. It's a bit bizarre we're about to have our fifth Sandman but it took 50 Waves and a fan poll to finally get Baron Zemo. I don't think the character truly merits this much exposure, but the new one sounds interesting at least.

I'm looking forward to this set, not as much as some because I have all the characters but it still sounds good. I will ask though, please make this the last Sandman, haha. It's a bit bizarre we're about to have our fifth Sandman but it took 50 Waves and a fan poll to finally get Baron Zemo. I don't think the character truly merits this much exposure, but the new one sounds interesting at least.

Well, after Zemo appeared in that major blockbuster motion picture, we figured it was high time we made him! ...Oh, wait. That was Sandman. :)

If you take away the two movie figures, from one of only two movies that got double Minimate waves, three Sandman figures in ten years isn't bad, considering the head of the company makes no secret of his Spider-Man love. He's a known element, so I can't promise we won't make another.

I understand completely that Sandman has had a major media tie-in, and they were very good 'mates, I just think it's odd that this box set includes our fifth Sandman and only our third Doc Ock who has had way more looks and is an A-list villain. I still wouldn't mind a white suit Ock, or the long haired look that was around for a while, or an Ends of the Earth decrepit Ock. Sandman when he's not actually turning into sand is a guy in a green striped shirt, haha.

He can be Flint Marko, but you can switch out his arms and legs for power pieces.

And Valo, your example was Zemo. You thought it was odd Sandman was made so many times before Zemo. Doc Ock is the complete opposite -- he was actually made before Sandman, and has the same number of comic-based figures (unless you count Superior Spider-Man, in which case he has more). We did not have the SM2 license, or maybe he would have gotten two more Mates that way. Otherwise, he's holding his own against Sandman.

EDIT: I momentarily forgot that he's in this set! I'm surprised Doc Ock hasn't had more different figures, but not to the point of what I would consider negligence. I'd love a trench coat Doc, but Ask DST! I'm sure DSTChuck will say it's a great idea.

Edited by DSTZach

So i was going over some old comics and Ock turned from obese to classy around the 90s. I'd love a white suit Ock (i'll probably mod one with this boxset) and a Stunner. It's just quite strange seeing how his "classic" look is the tubby one whereas in his first appereance he was quite normal and after the 90s he ranged from slim to buff. I'll say it again, a Superior wave would be great! Seeing as how the series will probably end around next April, a wave with a new Black Cat (a much, much needed redo) and Cardiac would be more than great. The wave practically builds itself!

Spidey with backpack/Black Cat

Urich Hobgoblin (with parts to turn into kingsley hob)/Cardiac

Kaine/minion

ben reily/minion

TRU:

Stunner/ Shocker

Boomerang/Vulture

Scorpion/Beetle

Speed demon/hydro man

Edited by Kostisfire

I'd also love a Cardiac 'mate, I think the costume would translate pretty well and a staff with an energy blast would make for a great accessory. I suspect the complexity of the tampo necessary would make it less likely (on an already unlikely character) though.