UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my sets, unfortunately they're at my boyfriends house for the next month but he was nice enough to send my sketch card. Got to say the detail and everything is superb, thanks Luke its awesome.

post-2039-0-94428300-1412686509_thumb.jp

I just got my set and truth be told, these are some of the best mates ever.The colours are crisp, the extras great and the characters dead on! I bought only one due to money issues but I'll try to get at least one more around christmas to make some more modern/wacky costumes. Now if we could get another one with more Spidey foes (cough*vulturekravenhobgoblinchameleon*cough).....

So I was asking about the pics from a cell phone because I have this bad ass sketch card, but I guess no one wants to see it.

Go to "full site" mode (usually located at the bottom of the page), basically change from the mobile version to the full. Then, in the reply box choose "more reply options". Afterwards, go where it says "choose file" or "choose attachment" (mine is in greek so it might not be a direct translation). Then you can either snap a pic or take one from your gallery.

I love that the C2E2 Multiverse Mate has the Infinity Gauntlet. thumbsup.gif

I was hoping someone would catch that!, That's totally why I took that picture, that and to see all the herald stuff I just got through a trade. Thanos doesn't even know what to say about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be tardy to the party.... but i still wanted to share this little gem.

1b68f123-a664-475e-be4c-ac910218f6f7.jpg

Not sure if Luke remembered my fondness (see: obsession) with the AoA or if this was a happy accident, but i got this brilliant AoA Morph Sketch card. WIN!

Sorry to be tardy to the party.... but i still wanted to share this little gem.

1b68f123-a664-475e-be4c-ac910218f6f7.jpg

Not sure if Luke remembered my fondness (see: obsession) with the AoA or if this was a happy accident, but i got this brilliant AoA Morph Sketch card. WIN!

It was intentionally set aside for you. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Speaking of Deadly Foes' popularity - Luke, how did they sell?

Not very well unfortunately. We are sitting at around 1100 sold out of 3000. We have not even broken even yet.

I'm puzzled and disappointed as to how something like Deadly Foes can't do numbers. That really bums me out.

This was mentioned in the Wave 60 thread and I thought we should continue it here.

While I'm a little disappointed as well, selling over a third of inventory of what's essentially an evergreen SKU in six months is pretty impressive. I'm not sure what kind of advertising there was (it's not like there was a full-page ad in ToyFare) but if this is what word of mouth can do, that's not bad.

Now I'm wondering what this community can do to help promote Luke's Toy Store in terms of getting that name out there. I know Minimates are a niche product and that's largely what they stock so it's not going to be easy. Still, when I type "Minimates" into Google's shopping search engine, I want to see Luke's in the top ten.

Is there a way that Luke's could buy ad space in DST's inserts? This particular set complements the "Best of" waves perfectly.

I know Big Bad Toy Store acquired some sets. Would any other retailers like BAM! or Hastings be interested?

Any other ideas? Let's move some cases!