UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job, Glad I ordered three sets. But I am considering a fourth set. I think the set itself is great. The special parts Luke is making to give out are Awesome and make it even better.

I really like the Lizard torn shirt decal and can't wait to make that variant for my display.

Sheesh, Luke. If you keep raising the bar like this, it's going to get tough for DST themselves to keep up ;)

I can't pick a favorite accessory out of this set - the decals are inspired, and the webbed-up base is incredible. You definitely did not disappoint!

Awesome! So glad I ordered when and what I did! I love he decals, Luke. Two questions about the accessories:

1) Is the web piece a wrap around? Or does it attach to a head/chest block?

2) The vials look LEGOesque. Are they comparable with your standard building system? Or did you use a template and then scale to Minimate size?

Thanks for these exclusives, Luke!

Awesome! So glad I ordered when and what I did! I love he decals, Luke. Two questions about the accessories:

1) Is the web piece a wrap around? Or does it attach to a head/chest block?

2) The vials look LEGOesque. Are they comparable with your standard building system? Or did you use a template and then scale to Minimate size?

Thanks for these exclusives, Luke!

Good questions! The webbed up Minimate is a solid piece with a neck peg, which you can put any Minimate head on. The vials and beaker were actually made by a friend who is into Lego customizing, and they fit with Lego pegs.

Just ordered 3. Those bonuses are awesome.

Thanks everyone - these were a lot of fun to make!

By the way, each kit will have 2 sets of the stickers, in case you make a mistake with one of the stickers in the first set.

Forgive my ignorance, but how are the stickers applied? Are they the normal peel and stick type, or do I have to soak them in water, slide them off the sheet, and apply? are they pre-cut? etc

Thanks!

The bonus kit includes 2 alternate looks for each character (via our easy-to-apply stickers) and 4 accessories, for a total of 12 items! As I mentioned before, you will automatically receive this kit by ordering 3 or more Deadly Foes sets. This run is limited to only 80 kits, but we still have plenty available. Here are the bonus kit items:

bonus01_zps6895f836.jpg

bonus03_zps07cde727.jpg

bonus02_zps3df4e341.jpg

bonus04_zps1d162874.jpg

bonus05_zps4580dd1e.jpg

bonus06_zpsfb2302c8.jpg

bonus07_zpsf158c12e.jpg

bonus09_zps5d2ebbd3.jpg

bonus08_zpscae1d57d.jpg

bonus10_zps3ad9ba88.jpg

bonus11_zps03a62e36.jpg

This kit will be the only place to get these items - they will not be for sale individually at any time. I hope you like them! smile.png

Bump in case folks may have missed the actual pics. . .on another note, I really really want a Frightful Four Sandman (and the other guys) in my collection.

aYQJoMl.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Here are some personal examples of Luke's stickers:

The red half of the torso & the chest symbol:

DSC07777_zpsb310b685.jpg

Torsos:

DSC07619.jpg

Her torso:

DSC05953.jpg

Face & torso:

DSC05937-1.jpg

(the white line you see is the light on the corner of the torso block, not the edge of the sticker)

Face & torso:

DSC05938.jpg

I designed them in Photoshop, he printed them up for me (I paid for the vinyl paper), and I applied them after slicing them out with an extremely sharp Exacto knife.

Edited by TENIME_art

Thanks again for doing this Luke, seeing this picture makes me want to see DST do more kinds of "fun" alternate heads like this themselves, especially for Spidey characters.

Yeah, that's probably the single strongest reason I want those extras biggrin.png

Hopefully this will sell out quickly and another Luke Exclusive set will be made available. Beating a dead horse here but would love a Jim Lee X-Men Uniform set with extra parts to make multiple charcters. ;)