UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's what I would assume. Luke has to sell a lot of these, I'm sure, in order to make back his investment. And you're not going to get a much bigger audience than that of BBTS.

Assuming this is true, though, it's too bad that BBTS doesn't explicitly reference Luke's store here as a bit of publicity. It seems like that's the very least he could expect of anyone else who was going to sell this set.

Edited by karamazov80

I think this box set has always been about Carnage for me. Does he come with knife fingers? Not so much, but that doesn't mean he's not an A+.

I have absolutely zero versions of any of these characters except for a non lizard version of Connors (Hey, can't beat $1.49 at TRU).

In other words, this set is a no-brainer for me.

In my highest hopes, the set will be so successful that next year Luke will get another exclusive, and how fun would it be to have Deadliest Foes part 2?!

I'm imagining updated versions of:

Hobgoblin,

Craven

Scorpion

Mysterio

Then again, what do you think?

I agree on more than an annual release, but seeing as these aren't expected until almost the 4th quarter, the earliest we could see a second exclusive would be next year.

And never say never. I think this 4 pack will be a huge success, so who knows!

Oh man... Luke's could become THE source for Minimate villain box sets!

Next year, the Brotherhood and Masters of Evil. Then the Frightful Four and a Wrecking Crew. Then "Marvels Most Wanted" with four street level villains... maybe Mr. Hyde, Ghost ( with parts for classic and modern looks), Razorfist, and Scourge or something?

Before we get all wishy and light headed on what could happen. We need to understand that Luke as took a gamble and hopefully it will pay off. If this set sells well enough for him and at a decent rate I'm sure he will thinking about in the future doing more. If the set sells ok even to the point of breaking even but he still has a large amount sitting around then that decision if it was me would be harder to make to commission another.

Fingers, toes, eyes, and other body parts crossed that this is a success for him because as a fan of the product first and then being able to make that enjoyment a business then he is in a unique place of being able to see where a glaring hole in the minimate landscape maybe/is and make his boxset/2pack unmissable in the future so ppl have to come to him to fill it that maybe another toy retailer will just want a set based on what is hot right now.

I look forward to when he posts that he is Sold Out of the boxset as that will be great news :)

• 1 month later...