UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As do I, I already told everyone I possibly could about this set, even people who aren't collectors of any sort but generally like little, odd toys that're especially Spidey fans and yeah, already two of my buds would like to get a set along with me.

You guys should have seen Delta eyeing up Lizard at the party, and plotting his next epic Battle Beasts custom. smile.png

He's not the only one. Those new Lizard and Carnage hands have some great custom potential (Reason #31 Why You Should Order Another Set).

Gonna get four. Want the extra's. Want to help Luke.

Lizard and Dock Ock are beautiful!

I also love that Doc Ock has standing tentacles. I hope he comes with another two to display him reaching out with all four.

And it also says that Lizard comes with a classic head in the description on Luke's page. I'm keen to see what alternate look that is, as it's mentioned in the same bit about extra parts. Maybe a new, non-sculpted head?

Edited by Mystery Man

Sorry people don't like the Lizard head. Maybe a Battle Beasts snake head would do the trick for you.

Comparing Minimates to Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark costumes only makes Turn Off the Dark look better. Case in point:

Spider-Man-Turn-Off-The-Dark-Villains.jp

Edited by DSTZach

Gonna get four. Want the extra's. Want to help Luke.

Lizard and Dock Ock are beautiful!

I also love that Doc Ock has standing tentacles. I hope he comes with another two to display him reaching out with all four.

And it also says that Lizard comes with a classic head in the description on Luke's page. I'm keen to see what alternate look that is, as it's mentioned in the same bit about extra parts. Maybe a new, non-sculpted head?

The doc ock tentacles rotate and removable ( had the pleasure of popping one back on for extra pics at the meetup) unless things change, you'll be able to swap and move them around.

Just want to add, I really like the lizard, looks great in person

Edited by Nervous Rex

I think the promo package shows the Lizard from the wrong angle. If it were looking down, the size of the head would be less blatant.

I hope, hope, HOPE that Doctor Octopus comes with at least one tentacle that grab another minimate figure in some way.

How great would that be?

1979-_The-Arms-of-Doctor-Octopus_-676x10

Page2.jpg

He needs a cue? :)

Mark my words, this set will sell out. :yes:

I don't think it's coming with alternate tentacles, but I was able to get Ock into a cool pose and have it stand in place without using a display stand, the thing in an engineering beauty. The first Doc Ock toy with moveable tentacles that can actually stand on them?

After seeing the newer pics I have to say, I'll be surely buying 3. My plan is pretty much this:

Set 1: Regular looks.

Set 2: Alternate looks for Lizard and Sandman and quick customs of normal Cletus and White Suit Ock.

Set 3: My versions of the regular looks (Bulked up Lizard, Muscular Ock and Monster-Ock).

I might need to reword that. I meant that several new pieces were sculpted for this set, including the Lizard head.

If you get two sets, you can swap out the tentacles probably to get that look you want.

I think the Classic head is the Connors (non Lizard) head.

Another reason to buy an extra set, you can never have enough tentacles.

I thought the Sailor Moon license was still under wraps?

biggrin.png

"ButtHolesMate" needs to review some anime...

That would be a looooooooooong cab ride....

This set could be filled with pieces of broken glass and banana peels and I would buy one to support Luke's Toy Store. The fact that it has four great figures with nice alternate looks and great QC potential means I'm in for two or three to open. And even though I'm an opener, I'll get one to keep packaged to commemorate the great accomplishment by LTS of getting an exclsuive.

It's a ballsy move to have a spidey set with no spidey but this was definitely the way to do it.

These did look great and I got to see Luke playing with the prototypes at the meetup.

They are very "partsy" and I suspect we'll need at least 2 sets to satisfy our "Can I display him that way" urges.

T.

How does Doc Ock's arms attach to the figure? Do they plug into the back like Hope's Jet Pack or do they have a piece that connects around the neck or waist?

I'm trying to figure out how easily I can use a Kingpin torso for White Suit Doc Ock