UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

Congrats again Luke. FYI, just placed my order for 3 sets. I'm dying to know what the bonus accessories you are going to include are. I'm guessing something from your 3D printing laboratory?

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I see the more I want. I'm warming to Lizard From those pics.

I hope this is a success for Luke as if it is then we get a chance of someone who will commision A Wrecking Crew 4 pack or Black Knight/Tigra or......

A thousand times this. *crosses fingers*

Thanks everyone! Seeing these in person yesterday was amazing! I will have more pics of them soon.

Congrats again Luke. FYI, just placed my order for 3 sets. I'm dying to know what the bonus accessories you are going to include are. I'm guessing something from your 3D printing laboratory?

Yes, among other things. smile.png

After seeing pics of the actual figures in the C2E2 thread, the Lizard looks great and much better than he does in the promotional picture(The angle of the promotional picture made the head look huge). Also love that Doc Ock can stand on his tentacles. The whole set looks great especially with all the extra accessories for different looks, that's always been one of my favorite aspects of the Minimates brand. Two of these sets will definitely be needed.

Doc Ock, Sandman, and Carnage all look amazing! The loads of accessories and display options are great-I'll probably pick up two sets. Lizard is... awful. At least he comes with extra parts.

And congrats to Luke for getting the exclusive. I hope it pays off.

Edited by Turtle

Yeah I'm actually warming up to the Lizard myself. I was hoping for a sleeker and more Sauron-esque (or Reaver-esque if you want to be technical) head but I actually can see why they did what they did.

Doc Ock is a national treasure. Though I'm still hoping for bendy arms in the future.

Looooove Carnage. No doubt the best of the set.

Sandman is cool enough he'll take the Comic Sandman spot from Movie Sandman again.

Lizzie does look a bit better in the con photos, but still kinda like a guy in a theme park costume or something. Not sure why they didn't just go with an alternate head so it could be smaller, we seem to get more of those than slipovers these days. Rest of the set looks amazing though, three characters I didn't really think needed updates until I saw them, I've done a complete 180 and already have my order in.

Yeah, Lizard does look more like a minimate in a Lizard costume than a Lizard minimate. I understand needing to control costs but it seems like a separate head instead of a slipover mask would have been much better.

What exactly are the extras that come with Carnage? I see a scythe/axe arm there but I'm not sure what the other one is. And are those the hands the 'mate is going to have? They don't seem like the knife-like fingers I usually associate with that look.

I'll admit i am a little surprised. I'm not a fan of Lizard and don't have any real attachment to him as a character, so perhaps i'm not thinking about him as critically as some other board memnbers.

With that said, i do remember there being a little bit of a back-lash from some members when Silver Age Lizard was revelaed and he had a tampo on the standard cycndrical head, rather than a sculpted piece. I guess this is just not the sculpted piece that a lot people had in mind?

I'm going to reserve judgement till i have him in hand.

Still - this looks to be THE definitive Sandman. The best of both worlds: ASM3 accessories with Comic-accurate colouring. He looks great. And i'm pretty damn stoked for Carnage too. Did anyone get a good look at his back / back of thighs/under-arms? I'm just wondering how far around the paint details go? From the pics, it looks like the go all the way around :D

EDIT: I think a black / dark brown/grean wash on Lizards head will make all that beautiful sculpting really pop, just like it did on the Broods.

After seeing the new pics of the sculpted Lizard, I gotta say I still like the previous Lizard better (even though I was one of the ones saying it needed a sculpted head). I don't know, it just looks too big. I love the Venom and Sauron sculpted heads but this one just doesn't look quite right.

If I recall correctly, the only places that weren't tampo'd were the underside of the arms and the top of the chest block, but honestly the details and accessories on this version are so nice it should be fairly inconspicuous. I got to play with these a little and pose them at the party, Timbo got some shots but he's probably too high on Twiglets to post them. :D

I think maybe The Lizard is somewhat controversial because parts of him are sculpted far outside the minimate aesthetic. This isn't the first time this has happened, as with Venom, but I think the difference is the sculpted pieces are on the traditional minimate body, as opposed to bulked up Venom from the TTA set which is a minimate body covered in sculpted pieces. Put bulked up Venom's sculpted head on a normal body and it jumps out at you a lot more. The Lizard in this set is growing on me, but I also like the first one. I'm buying this one mostly for Curt Connors, as well as the other three 'mates.

While my least favorite, I actually think the Lizard still looks pretty good. Typically I like grittier mates like Punisher War Zone for instance. My point being, Lizard's head sculpt in this set looks less menacing than say, Sauron or the Battle Beasts. End of the day the Dr. Curt Conners he can transform from looks bad ass, and buying this set is a no brainer!

I think maybe The Lizard is somewhat controversial because parts of him are sculpted far outside the minimate aesthetic. This isn't the first time this has happened, as with Venom, but I think the difference is the sculpted pieces are on the traditional minimate body, as opposed to bulked up Venom from the TTA set which is a minimate body covered in sculpted pieces. Put bulked up Venom's sculpted head on a normal body and it jumps out at you a lot more. The Lizard in this set is growing on me, but I also like the first one. I'm buying this one mostly for Curt Connors, as well as the other three 'mates.

fig1670flg.jpg

Case in point

Hail Ivan.

Still really am liking this lizard. I'll be playing with options to make the Greatest Lizard Ever for sure.

I can't speak for everyone who doesn't like Lizard's head but I don't think the size is the only issue. Even if you scale it down 20% the sculpt still looks cartoony and not very menacing. I suppose I was hoping for something more like the sculpt of the Marvel Select Lizard. I'll still buy multiple sets, but I'll definitely be approaching it like I'm buying a Curt Connors 'mate rather than Lizard.

I had a feeling Lizard would be a bit controversial. Personally I like how he turned out, and not just because it is our exclusive.

You guys should have seen Delta eyeing up Lizard at the party, and plotting his next epic Battle Beasts custom. smile.png

I tried ordering them and had no luck, aww.

I just sent you an email.