UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Superior is worth an LCS and tru wave before it ends. It is the highest grossing comic (supes and batman ship once hence the larger numbers per issue, but when both superior issues' numbers are combined, it out-grosses them), has a great story, is evolving a character that has been pretty stale the last couple of years and features many characters on great costumes. What's not to like? Tbh, I just want a decent black cat and the rest of the sinister six redone with new accessories and some b listers to be done with Spidey once and for all so that dst can focus in completing teams and releasing new outfits.

Edited by Kostisfire

So i was going over some old comics and Ock turned from obese to classy around the 90s. I'd love a white suit Ock (i'll probably mod one with this boxset) and a Stunner. It's just quite strange seeing how his "classic" look is the tubby one whereas in his first appereance he was quite normal and after the 90s he ranged from slim to buff. I'll say it again, a Superior wave would be great! Seeing as how the series will probably end around next April, a wave with a new Black Cat (a much, much needed redo) and Cardiac would be more than great. The wave practically builds itself!

Spidey with backpack/Black Cat

Urich Hobgoblin (with parts to turn into kingsley hob)/Cardiac

Kaine/minion

ben reily/minion

TRU:

Stunner/ Shocker

Boomerang/Vulture

Scorpion/Beetle

Speed demon/hydro man

Would love a Superior wave, really enjoying the comics. I'm usually into older stuff and was initially opposed to the concept but it is very well done. Picked up the newest one on last month, had to go back and read every one - I'm hooked.

I would flip out over that wave,especially the double Hobgoblin. They can also include an updated Spidey 2099 and Scarlet Spider, that new costume is really cool. Know DST loves Spidey variants, and so do I! Can't wait for that TRU 17 also.

Edited by rikfenix

So i was going over some old comics and Ock turned from obese to classy around the 90s. I'd love a white suit Ock (i'll probably mod one with this boxset) and a Stunner. It's just quite strange seeing how his "classic" look is the tubby one whereas in his first appereance he was quite normal and after the 90s he ranged from slim to buff. I'll say it again, a Superior wave would be great! Seeing as how the series will probably end around next April, a wave with a new Black Cat (a much, much needed redo) and Cardiac would be more than great. The wave practically builds itself!

Spidey with backpack/Black Cat

Urich Hobgoblin (with parts to turn into kingsley hob)/Cardiac

Kaine/minion

ben reily/minion

TRU:

Stunner/ Shocker

Boomerang/Vulture

Scorpion/Beetle

Speed demon/hydro man

Would love a Superior wave, really enjoying the comics. I'm usually into older stuff and was initially opposed to the concept but it is very well done. Picked up the newest one on last month, had to go back and read every one - I'm hooked.

I would flip out over that wave,especially the double Hobgoblin. They can also include an updated Spidey 2099 and Scarlet Spider, that new costume is really cool. Know DST loves Spidey variants, and so do I! Can't wait for that TRU 17 also.

I hope that we get a 2099 wave or box set down the road as well. Since the universe id pretty much done now (Miguel is stranded on 616 Earth) a box set of variants of the big names would be a sure seller. Spidey 2099/Doom 2099/Ghost Rider 2099/Punisher 2099 or Hulk 2099.

As for Superior, it's a great comic because like i said, progresses a character who has been pretty stale the last couple of years while also giving Peter a lesson and redeeming Ock. People give Ock a lot of crap as Spider-Man but if think about it he's actually a much better Spider-Man.

Pete was all like "Killing a homicidal maniac? Hell no! But doing a deal with the devil and selling my, my wife's and my aunt's souls to him? TOTALLY cool!" Come on! And people hate Ock for doing what he's doing, when in fact he's keeping New York much, much safer than any other hero.

The main reason i jumped on the Ock bundwagon was because I thought he was going to put the rest of the heroes in their places. The Avengers never thought of Spider-Man as a great asset, and when Quicksilver makes fun of you, you've hit a new low point. It's just that Ock has the brains and he's using them without second thought. He's basically Batman, with Iron Man's superior tech and Punisher-like morals. It's perfect!

A 2099 wave or box set... would be a sure seller

I... don't know about that. I mean, yeah... the people who want it want it BAD, but...

I'm just picturing a Venn Diagram with "People who buy Minimates" in one circle and "2099 fans" in another circle. Each circle already has a fairly small population; how much of that overlaps?

Then again, they'd all be big names even if they weren't immediately identifiable looks, so maybe it COULD work.

I... don't know about that. I mean, yeah... the people who want it want it BAD, but...

I'm just picturing a Venn Diagram with "People who buy Minimates" in one circle and "2099 fans" in another circle. Each circle already has a fairly small population; how much of that overlaps?

Then again, they'd all be big names even if they weren't immediately identifiable looks, so maybe it COULD work.

They are all big names and the most important thing is that they are all heroes. The Strange Tales set featured: a c-lister (werewolf by night), two b-listers (morbius and 70s blade) and a low tier A-lister (Strange has been getting a lot more exposure the last couple of years). If that set can sell out, i don't see why a set featuring alternate costumes of famous characters cannot be a hit.

Yeah but Strange Tales featured two new characters and 616 versions of two characters with very little minimate exposure and nothing recent. I for one loved that set but wouldn't be excited for a 2099 set with alternate versions of characters we have plenty of already. I'm not saying it wouldn't sell, just that I don't think you can really judge by comparing it to Strange Tales as they are totally different kinds of sets with totally different appeals.

They are all big names and the most important thing is that they are all heroes. The Strange Tales set featured: a c-lister (werewolf by night), two b-listers (morbius and 70s blade) and a low tier A-lister (Strange has been getting a lot more exposure the last couple of years). If that set can sell out, i don't see why a set featuring alternate costumes of famous characters cannot be a hit.

There's no comparison between Strange Tales characters and 2099. Spider-Man and Doom are recognizable, maybe Hulk. But I bet most people here will struggle to name the members of the 2099 X-Men without looking them up. Strange Tales characters are part of the main Marvel Universe it doesn't matter if they're lesser known, that automatically puts them ahead of alternate versions. Even when 2099 was in circulation it lagged quite a bit behind Marvel's core output. I would venture to guess most people here haven't even read a 2099 comic. 2099 is not Age Of Apocalypse. If DST ever made them I could realistically see only two or three characters getting made. There's no way they're touching the X-Men, Ravage, etc. I would rather they not get made at all then make one or two and have them sit away awkwardly from the rest of my collection.

There's no comparison between Strange Tales characters and 2099. Spider-Man and Doom are recognizable, maybe Hulk. But I bet most people here will struggle to name the members of the 2099 X-Men without looking them up. Strange Tales characters are part of the main Marvel Universe it doesn't matter if they're lesser known, that automatically puts them ahead of alternate versions. Even when 2099 was in circulation it lagged quite a bit behind Marvel's core output. I would venture to guess most people here haven't even read a 2099 comic. 2099 is not Age Of Apocalypse. If DST ever made them I could realistically see only two or three characters getting made. There's no way they're touching the X-Men, Ravage, etc. I would rather they not get made at all then make one or two and have them sit away awkwardly from the rest of my collection.

I'm not talking about the xmen but Hulk, Spider-Man, Venom, Ghost Rider, Doom and Punisher could easily sell a couple of sets. A wave wouldn't work that well, but a box set would sell for sure. If we can get Dazzler and Longshot, yeah, i think a 2099 box set will sell good enough. And as for the Strange Tales (it's one of my favorites sets ever btw) set, even if you are a part of the main continuity doesn't immediately make you more recognisable. So, Arcade, the Silver Dagger and the Impossible Man, just because they're part of the main continuity would sell more sets than Miguel and Venom?

I'm looking froward to this wave ! It's been a while since there's been a Spidey wave.

As for a 2099 wave I feel it's a lil outdated with the current Marvel fan barely knowing the there was a 2099 comics.

However a superior wave would be great have you seen the superior venom ?

I'm looking froward to this wave ! It's been a while since there's been a Spidey wave.

As for a 2099 wave I feel it's a lil outdated with the current Marvel fan barely knowing the there was a 2099 comics.

However a superior wave would be great have you seen the superior venom ?

The general consensus is that it's Ock's body (the one with Pete's mind, which died) with the Symbiote. TBH though, I'm not too excited for whiny Pete to come back. Ultimate Peter was so much better. For the time being i really like Ock. OMD just destroyed Peter for me.

I think we actually might have a better shot at getting some of those 2099 guys than a lot of other seemingly high-profile, "need to be made" characters. I could easily see Hulk 2099, Ghost Rider 2099, and a redone Spidey 2099 getting made, just because of who they are, regardless of how obscure or long-gone their titles are.

It seems likely we'll see DST having to get more creative to find variants of the big names to fill out TRU waves.

Edited by Lobsterman

Dazzler and Longshot shouldn't even be in the conversation. Out of curiosity how long have you been reading comics?

I started when with Ultimate Spider-Man 12 (i think so, i'm not entirely sure though, since we had a pretty big case of old comics in the storage). I collected the whole series until it "ended". I followed JLA, ultimate xmen, ultimate fantastic four and Batman. I went back to bought some classic storylines from ebay (civil war, infinifty gauntlet,infinity war,infinity crusade and some other ones). I then hunted down collected editions of the Ketch Ghost Rider, Joe Kelly's Deadpool, some other hardcovers (batman: hush, wade wilson's war and other mini series) and other stuff that caught my eye. After that (i bought an Iphone which proved quite useful in this hobby as it could store many comics), I went digital for a while, buying various issues and miniseries from many characters accross the board (i really liked 2007's nova and the whole Annihilation story btw).

You have to understand that I'm living in a country which has zero tolerance for such things (i gor through hell everyday at school for liking the western culture and having hobbies like stop motion animation but oh well, after the first 20 insults or so you get used to it) so i can't just walk in a store and buy a comic. No stores carry comics or even toys here (i used to collect lego sets but they cost double and in euro) so i had to make due with what i could find (the ultimate series and the occasional batman or jla).

Thank God though, that I found a quite big store in Athens (Marvel has done some special covers for them) which offers subscriptions and I fully jumped on the comic bandwagon. I currently follow 9 titles but i'm looking to expand the list next year. I'm also going over many old titles (from 70s strange tales, to different runs and story arcs to some recent stuff and then back to the old ones) digitally to learn about more characters, abilities and importance since when writting a comic book movie (stop-motion but you get what i'm saying) you need to get the characters.

So, I'm reading actively for about 2-3 years and just being in the hobby for another 5 or so. Naturally I can't know which character was at the peak of his/her popularity and at what time so i'm going with what I'm seeing. Longshot from what I can gather was at his best around the 80s but nowadays, it's the Avengers world that's in the spotlight. And recently the cosmic stuff have been getting a great boost thanks to GotG. Apart from that, Batman and Superman sell like hot cakes and Spider-Man is Marvel's best selling ongoing book (and since it double ships, if you add the numbers of each issue it comes above batman and superman). Events and #1s outsell it from time to time but as for highest grossing ongoing this is it.

So, yeah, that's it. I get it that 2099 isn't that popular but they still are different costumes of well known characters. That i think gives them a little extra something when compared to other box sets. Stormbreaker for example featured two A-listers (Loki and Thor) and two b-listers. While being a Thor set and featuring awesome mates, it didn't sell out. Luke still has some in stock. Sometimes, all a little kid needs is a name he'll recognise and a cool looking toy.

A symbiote needs a living host right? I agree Peter been boring for years. Which is why I enjoy Superior Spider-Man. That's why it needs it's own wave.

It has been shown many times that it can reanimate the dead. They were what ifs and all that but i don't think ti's that far fetched. And as for Peter OMD made me lose all respect for him and later comics made him boring. I mean, he invented some things that made life better, and just because Ock modified them and made them weapons, he started blaming himself for the deaths Ock caused. He acts juvelline most of the time, blames himself for everything and has become irritating.

Until SpOck came around, most heroes hated partnering with him, because he acted juvelline and the thought of him as like another street leveler. Now, they don't like him because he's arrogant. The thing with Peter is that his message is wrong. His moto is "always be good and nice". High School Pete didn't take crap from Flash or anyone, he straight up put him in his place, even though Flash wouldn't admit it. But adult Pete acts more childlike than his high school self.

It's not that I don't like Pete, he still is my favorite superhero but in a battle between Ock and him,i'd give it to Ock. I just hope that Ock remains a good guy and and Peter starts acting more like an adult.

Kostis, your Superior wave would be killer. The only thing that is missing that I would really like to see is a translucent blue ghost Peter to follow SpOck around.

A ghost Pete would be kickass! I could swap him with SpOck, move Kaine with Felicia and have ben as the regular fig and ghost peter as the variant. SpOck could be used to anchor a Mighty Avengers box set or wave. When Goblin Nation rolls i guess we'll have another look for the Goblin as well. I wouldn't say no to a Goblin Gang either.

I think we've still got a LOT of variants of the big guys we can do -- most of the first-round fan poll is still not made, and they make new costumes every other month -- but now I want a 2099 set! 2099 Spidey, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Doom and Punisher would be pretty recognizable, and don't forget that Alchemax made Thor, Loki and I think Balder. Never read Ravage. Not sure of his appeal.

Talking about the next two comic waves now. Not 2099, but pretty cool stuff....