UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having gotten Doc Ock in the old green and yellow jumpsuit twice already I was kinda hoping that he would at least be the green jumpsuit with yellow armor version.

Now if only for a TRU tie in pack of Speed Demon with extra body and hips for either Classic or Modern looks, Vulture (young armor version), or an updated Kraven with new open front sculpted vest. I'd want a Beetle but He probably should be in a LCS wave with Mach 1 variant preferably or Modern Superior Foes female Beetle variant.

The armor look from the animated series was never used. If we were to get an alternate Doc Ock it could be a white suit version or labcoat version. He also had that weird squid look from around the time Spider-Man 2 came out, but the less said about that the better.

I would have expected, if we were going to get a Spidey box set, that it would have been based on something like Spider-Island. I would have at least liked to get the Jackal (probably the biggest unmade Spidey villain, which shows how well we've covered Spidey villains).

Ock is in his classic green jumpsuit, but his tentacles lift him up of the ground.

Sandman also comes with a crazy sand base.

You had me at tentacles lift him up...

I love bases, lol

y'all took my idea!! http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10688&page=29#entry266001

Since all the "Best of" 'mates have been re-releases/updates of already-done costumes, I'm not sure of the likelihood of having new costumes. But just for fun, here's my Best of 3 wish list. In keeping with the spirit of the wave, I tried to pick some characters that already have some of the best minimates made, instead of choosing ones we need to "update" just for the sake of it. For example, the current Black Panther, the champions Black Widow, and avengers #1 Wasp are some of my favorites in their current form. Which in that case means they should be in the Best of Wave! smile.png Of course, might have snuck in two that need updates (hint hint), but when they first came out they were quite awesome at the time.

Cyclops (Blue/yellow) / Marvel Girl (green/yellow mask)

Classic Sue Storm (Blue/Black) / Black Widow (Gray Jumpsuit)

Wasp (Yellow/black) / Classic Nick Fury (With Shield uniform and interchangeable trench coat look)

Luke Cage (Power Man, bulked up) / Black Panther (All black with claw hands and vibranium daggers)

Honorable mentions

Storm (Updated Giant Size X-Men costume)

Professor X (updated regular wheelchair with "X" rims)

Doc Ock (with new sculpted tentacles similar to the Mr. Fantastic "Stretch" pieces, that can hold onto a minimate body, and bottom two tentacles can hold him off the ground?)

feel free to add.

#gimmefreeboxset #ormaybejustapeekatthecontrolart #pleeeease

Hard for me to get excited about this one without pics.

I love Spidey and his villains, but none of these scream "redo needed" to me, I like what I have.

I know it's going to be a great set, and pics will get me more excited. But right now, 1 or 2 new characters included would have sold it for me.

Ock is in his classic green jumpsuit, but his tentacles lift him up of the ground.

Sandman also comes with a crazy sand base.

Is it only green ala Amazing three or does it have some yellow/orange as well? Also, will he have an add-on or will he use a normal chest block? Early amazing era wasn't fat but "classic" Ock is.

TBH i'll try to buy at least three. One for the normal looks, another to mod and another to keep in storage. I predict that this set will become one of the most sought after sets. Also, i'm pretty confident about a Superior Foes set as well. Boomerang,Shocker,Beetle and Speed Demon (a spidey series with more classic villains and a tru kraven/kaine scarlet spider 2pack would be great as well). The book is doing pretty good and Chuck loved the idea in the latest Q&A. So, fingers crossed for more sets like this.

Keep rocking on and pumping out the best collectibles around DST!

Edited by Kostisfire

There's some orange, and he's a little tubby, if I remember correctly. Think Secret Wars Doc Ock.

I love that look! The shape of the glasses is my favorite part, but the fact that he has a bit of muscle as well sets him apart from the other incarnations.

Edited by Kostisfire

Can't wait for this set, looks really good. Someone said they finally got Carnage a few weeks ago? I got mine at NYCC a DAY before the reveal ha ha. Great mate, I imagine the new one will be similar to Venom Unleashed? The new Doc Ock sounds cool, the old one really needed a re-do.

I wonder if there will be any two-packs to accompany it? Know Spidey villains pretty covered but they are all expensive on the secondary market and mates have gotten more well-done as the years go on. Ones that could be good choices would be Hobgoblin and Hydro Man to name a a couple. Could also use a classic Beetle, Puma and Prowler but know those may be unlikely!

Can't wait for this set, looks really good. Someone said they finally got Carnage a few weeks ago? I got mine at NYCC a DAY before the reveal ha ha. Great mate, I imagine the new one will be similar to Venom Unleashed? The new Doc Ock sounds cool, the old one really needed a re-do.

Probably a lot LOT smaller than Venom Unleashed. That minimate is massive and Carnage is usually depicted as a little guy.

This set sounds awesome! Here's hoping we don't see any QC issues.

I wonder how they will do Carnage? My hope is that they either perfectly match the color and gloss of the first or give us a red/black swirl plastic a la the "camouflage" Mega Bloks bricks. Either way, it seems he will need to have both red and black all round his body for this mate to work right.

I'm guessing Carnage will use a lot of the sculpted symbiote parts we've seen lately on Anne Weying and symbiote Wolverine. Probably the same claw hands we've been seeing for a while now with some alternate blade hands. Not sure how I feel about the head, I don't think it would look right sculpted, but I could see an alternate Cletus head like how she venom was done.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some pictures!

WOW! I've been a little down on the past few box sets that have been announced but I was blown away by this one. They really knocked it out of the park with this one! I am very excited about all four of these!

Sandman - I never cared for the older comic version and I always thought the movie version looks strange (his belt was way too high). The sand base sounds great.

Doc Ock - I liked the second Doc Ock better but the colors were a little off and his tentacles never stayed on very long.

Lizard - I liked the first Lizard but a re-do is in order now that we've seen what they can do with animal heads from Halo and Battle Beasts.

Carnage - I like the original Carnage but I'm sure this is going to be AMAZING with all the add-ons.

I would actually buy two of the same box set for the first time ever if:

* there are parts to make a regular Flint Marko Sandman and powered-up sand version of Sandman.

* there are parts to make a regular Dr. Connors and Lizard.

Edited by MisterMiracle