UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man-Box Set - Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

Kostisfire

The roster is: Sandman,classic Doc Ock,Lizard with a sculpted head (who can also turn into Connors) and a new Carnage. I've got to say, this is really exciting! I hope it's not the green jumpsuit Ock though (like he appeared in Amazing 3). Sandman will probably get some new sand acessories and Carnage an alternate head and some sculpted tendrils. The Lizard i guess will have a slipover sculpted lizard head (kinda like venom unleashed).

EDIT: This set is a Luke's Toy Store Exclusive!

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we not get this same Doc Oc in the last Foes boxset!?

Correct, though he had certain issues like wonky paint apps and tentacles that you had to use hot water/a blow dryer to get in correctly. Certainly worthy of an update, just because of the horrible QC problems from the box set he came from. Same goes for Black Cat and Vulture.

Did we not get this same Doc Oc in the last Foes boxset!?

Correct, though he had certain issues like wonky paint apps and tentacles that you had to use hot water/a blow dryer to get in correctly. Certainly worthy of an update, just because of the horrible QC problems from the box set he came from. Same goes for Black Cat and Vulture.

Shh, dont even whisper about Black Cat updates or someone will go all Lee Burns on us

as for the boxset I'll just paste here what I put on the con thread.

The Spidey foes sound intresting.

Carnage is a big want for alot of ppl, for me it would still take an

exceptional figure to beat the one we have even after all these years it

stands up well.

Sandman has never been as it seems nailed down very well the best

being IMO the SM3 version. So this figure could be the one we could have

been waiting on. I would hope the go the extra mile and maybe add parts

for his Frightful Four outfit.

I like the Dock Ock from the Friends and Foes box but I do hope they

do something about the tentacle fit on this new one other than that I'm

happy.

Lizard with a snout. Yes please!

All in all a good boxset as I see it.

Perhaps sandman will have a sandy texture like the spider man 3 tru version which is in my opinion, the best one yet. With the characters we'll be getting, this box set actually has potential for some amazing new takes on these characters. It'll be hard to top the original carnage though. He's still one of the best executed mates to date.

I'm excited. The new rhino and venom will look great with these. Mysterio, vulture, kraven and electro still look great to this day imo and it will be awesome to display all of them together

Yes, very pleased with this set. Shame one of the slots wasn't given to a new classic villain such as beetle but a sculpted headed lizard is one of my top 3 wanted redos (TRU18's absorbing man was another one so looks like 2014 is a good year for redos for me!) and the fact that he can be a turned into Curt Connors too is a great bonus!! thumbsup.gif

Having gotten Doc Ock in the old green and yellow jumpsuit twice already I was kinda hoping that he would at least be the green jumpsuit with yellow armor version.

Now if only for a TRU tie in pack of Speed Demon with extra body and hips for either Classic or Modern looks, Vulture (young armor version), or an updated Kraven with new open front sculpted vest. I'd want a Beetle but He probably should be in a LCS wave with Mach 1 variant preferably or Modern Superior Foes female Beetle variant.

This is great because Lizard desperately needs a bulked-up update. (Which I'm hoping this is besides the sculpted head)

Sandman needs a good 616 release, and while Carnage still holds up well, you'd be crazy not to think they won't improve him ten fold.

Oh and if you missed out on the Friends and Foes box set, you're completely screwed, so it's nice to be able to get another Doc Ock.

I'm a Spider-Villains fan, so this set has me pretty excited. I've always felt that neither of the released Doc Ocks did the character proper justice, so I look forward to this new one. Carnage was admittedly overdue for a re-do, as was Sand Man. And I'm glad we're getting this version of the Lizard finally! Here's hoping for a complimentary TRU two pack with Boomerang & Speed Demon(or Beetle!)

Edited by Glantern