UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Capullo X-force Boxset

elmeaux

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Inhumans was one of the first Marvel Comics I read back in the 70s. I think it was drawn by George Perez, who would become one of my favorite artists ever.

I recall reading #1 many times, eager to read the next but the local pharmacy where I got my comics as a kid never got any more. (And the pharmacist's daughter was my first crush, but that's another story...)

Anyway, I never really followed The Inhumans after that but nostalgia compels me to rejoice at the thought of the upcoming movie and the inevitable Minimates that will accompany it.

Yeah, plus they are iconic classic characters who have been around for decades and medusa would be a very interesting minimate with all that hair! You would think after 11 years of comic marvel minimates that space could have been found for a box set to complete the team once DST started it...

Plus,

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. just started introducing them into the MCU, too, way before

the planned movie.

I think that has more to do with...

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch seemingly being retconned into Inhumans recently in the comic books. In case anyone isn't up to speed, the comics recently retconned their blood ties to Magneto and Mutants. They're evidently, not really his children, and never were. I don't know if it's been 100% confirmed they're inhumans yet, but at the very least, it's the popular theory. And to further expand upon that theory, many people speculate it's a very deliberate move by Marvel to sever their ties to Mutants, Magneto, and the X-Men universe in general, and to lay the seeds for their role in Avengers 2, as well as lay the seeds for "Inhumans" to basically be equivalent to "Mutants" in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. So they could use them any time they need to introduce a new super-powered person that would normally have been a mutant in the comics.

And everything going on in Agents of SHIELD would seem to support that theory. They seem to be suggesting there are latent Inhumans across the globe who will soon be "awakening" ... they've just swapped the X-Gene concept for a history of Kree mucking with us.

I think it's far more likely what's going on in AOS is setting up Avengers 2 in a more direct and immediate way, than it is a precursor to the Inhumans movie several years in advance. Although it will probably still lay some very early groundwork for the Inhumans movie. I just think setting up "Mutants" for Avengers 2 is the more immediate goal.

All that said, I miss when Marvel's decisions were driven by what would make the best story, and not what the lawyers suggest would be the best move to support their characters' position in Hollywood.

Edited by Gillbob316

I'm not surprised at all that DST hasn't made more Inhumans. They're a perfect example of characters that are more "important" than they are popular, and DST has already made two of the most popular characters from the group. I think Alpha Flight would be a good comparison, and we all saw how that turned out.

I think that throwing a bunch of tier 2 characters into a box set without another, well known, character or two to round it out to the larger audience not firms liar with the Alpha Flight. I'm not saying I don't love those sets, Puck and Vindicator are spectacular! I just think that, if DST wanted to direct their figures to a more mainstream audience, they should've added a Wolverine figure or something.

Then again both these sets were sold at places where the attendees were supposed to know who the characters were. Sometimes it just breaks my heart when I see someone at Comic Con who doesn't know who a very generic character is...

Gillbob316 - i can't tell you how annoyed i'll be with Marvel if that theory is true.

Quicksilver lost his powers when Wanda uttered 'no more mutants'.

I'm pretty sure one or both of them have been located using cerebra in the comics too.

There's too much 'evidence' of them being mutants for Marvel to try and rewrite their histories & turn them into Inhumans.

I have a feeling that's exactly where they're going, but you can tell they haven't thought about the implications of that.

The Mandarin in Iron Man 3 is not what he is in the comics, but they didn't feel the need to retcon that character. Just leave it alone, decades of comics should not take a backseat to a movie universe that will not last forever.

Edited by Valo487

here's my updated X-Force display. i decided not to use Cannonball's blast effect for a couple of reasons. one, i just don't really care for. it's angled too far forward, so he just ends up looking straight down unless you turn it around backwards. and i figured i have him blasting off on the New Mutants and Uncanny X-Men displays, so this is a nice change. i took the original X-Force Cable and put him on the Uncanny X-Men display with Hope, cuz i thought this Cable fit in better with the others. while i'm there are some people who may think the Liefield team should be completed first since it came out before this one, i hope we see the rest of this team done sooner rather than later. i could put Thunderbird back with the X-Men, have a real Siryn, and Sunspot in his classic X-Force costume is a no brainer. a new Feral would be nice to complete the set, but i wouldn't be too upset if i had to just use her original mate for display.

xforce.jpg

Dude, the fact that you used Camp Verde as the inspiration for this scene is just fantastic.I know when I had the old Toybiz X Force figures, I would use one of the Alien spaceship toys as their APAC.

I think this Cable is going to be one of the alt look figures that I will be most conflicted over. I don't have space or reason to display him both ways, and I have a plan for his armor, but seeing him displayed like that with the rest of the team sure does look nice

i wanted to use Cable's body piece for an update of my custom X-Man Cannonball, but it has this funny, thin swipe of yellow paint that goes across the stomach. so i decided to leave my current custom Cannonball as is, and leave the body armor on X-Force Cable.