UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Capullo X-force Boxset

elmeaux

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - a MVC2 Cable would be the shiz!

Although - i'd kind of want a purple, T-Boz Storm from that era to go with him as well tongue.png

i love your TLC reference! when the ToyBiz Storm came out with that hair cut (and the same toy with long hair) i wanted to make custom TLC figures out of them!

No tray yet. Cable should have an alt head with a goatee, but I'm not sure what else beyond the obvious. Cable and Domino get guns, Shatterstar gets swords, etc.

lol, why did they give Cable a goatee? Then he has the same facial hair as Mr Sinister. Anyway if this doesn't come out at the end of November then hopefully we get it before Christmas.

Edited by Dio

And how often were any of those characters shown actually using one of the 4 or 5 dozen pouches covering their bodies? There was a reason for their being there, though. We just don't have any clue what the reason was. It's a great mystery that only Liefeld can truly know the answer to.

Hey, don't let Jim Lee off the hook; he was just as pouch happy as Liefeld. I wish those two would dress that way in real life.

No tray yet. Cable should have an alt head with a goatee, but I'm not sure what else beyond the obvious. Cable and Domino get guns, Shatterstar gets swords, etc.

lol, why did they give Cable a goatee? Then he has the same facial hair as Mr Sinister. Anyway if this doesn't come out at the end of November then hopefully we get it before Christmas.

Stryfe's disembodied consciousness took possession of cable and made him grow a goatee. No... really

Hey, don't let Jim Lee off the hook; he was just as pouch happy as Liefeld. I wish those two would dress that way in real life.

I'm offended that you would think I could ever forget (or forgive) Jim Lee's contribution to the nutty early '90s costume revolution. And Liefeld did wear button fly jeans, so that's something.

057b19205e76e9fd0e781b5f8bfb2c4680ec11dd

Ha!

In talking to Barry, I discovered that the tampo on Cable's torso is a tribute to Series 11 Cable. Updated, but this is what it is based on.

fig0072flg.jpg

Hail Ivan. I actually forgot this Minimate existed.

i had this Cable, but he mysteriously disappeared. it's disappointing, because that body would have been perfect for an X-Man Cannonball custom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any chance of tray/packaging shots on this one soon?

I hope so. Some of the accesorys that I am 100% sure that are in the set are:

2 Swords for Shatterstar

4 small Guns (presumably a reuse of blades gun from "Curse of the Mutants) (To be shared between Cable and Domino)

Large gun for Cable

Rocket legs (reuse from original CannonBall)

Display stands (duh