UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Capullo X-force Boxset

elmeaux

I think they look great and I I can't wait to get this set. Now I have to hunt down the other X-Force box set and two packs from TRU that I missed out on. Hopefully the next 90's box set we get is either X-Factor or an Executioners Song set.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved this box! Can't wait to have them. Now everything would be perfect with the rest of the team... Siryn, I'm talking about you, darling...

I still don't understand the rationale behind this set (besides "Chuck wants it") but the minimates themselves look good. Well, not good in the aesthetically pleasing sense because those costumes are real eyesores, but accurate and well-executed.

This set makes sense, but the situation led to it does not. the first x-force box set was Liefeld style and the tie in two pack of Shatterstar and cannonball was also. a 2 pack of Rictor and Boomer was also released, but in the Capullo style, most likely because Rictor was never on the team during Liefeld's run (though why not just make two characters who WERE is beyond me). so now you have:

Liefeld: Cable, Domino, Shatterstar, Feral, and Cannonball

Capullo: Rictor, Boom Boom

If you're going to add to either team, why not do so by bringing the big guns to the latter iteration? granted, we still need Feral, sunspot, warpath, and siryn to complete the Capullo team or sunspot, warpath, Siryn, and boom boom for the Liefeld team. Either way, we're two 2packs shy of a roster

I love the Chris Redfield hairpiece on Cable.

it is absolute genius. I can't decide if I'm going to use the old more grizzled cable head or keep it with the new one

Wow.. these look great! Have the two Cannonballs and Shatterstar but never picked up Cable or Domino, glad to have them. Domino especially looks terrific. The colors on this set really pop. I agree more sets like this please!

I have no interest in this era of Marvel comics, never picked up any of the titles at the time and find them too dated now.

That said, really like that Cable and will pick him up if the opportunity presents itself.

That Cable is RIDICULOUS! Can he walk? Can he even move his arms? HA HA - I LOVE how crazy-bulky his armour is.

Cable's armor could be a little bulkier. . .I actually kind of dig Cannonball there, but this isn't my cup of tea. Congrats to Nessex! biggrin.png

Bah ha ha - these are not in my top 10 most wanted mates.... but they are many of the things i love about minimates. 616. bright colours. fun designs. And just look at all that nice tampoing on Cannonballs sides! I'll be all over this set smile.png

Who ever believed we'd live in a world where we'd have multiple Shatterstars to choose from? Not to mention Cannonballs? CRAZYPANTS!

I'm super excited. Now I just hope we can get a two pack with Siryn, Rictor, or Sunspot. Or Gideon cause why not?

This guy..... this is my kinda guy.

Damn - this is a fun looking set.

Also - i expected a re-use of the Now! Scarlet Witch hair-piece for Domino..... very nice to see they gave her a barnd new sculpt.

i would have rather had other characters from X-Force that haven't been made. at the moment, i wouldn't care if their costumes were from different runs, as long as i had all of the characters on display. i actually like this set - aside from Cable - and will be fine replacing the older version of these characters on my X-Force display... but yeah really hoping to see Siryn/Sunspot/Warpath soon.

No problem with three Cannonballs. I mean, people wouldn't use their 90's Cyclops for an X-Factor setup and they wouldn't use a TRU16 Wolverine for their 80's X-Men. I'm completely ok with different looks, no matter how "minor" some think the characters are.

And a question, does Cable have an alternate look? This costume is the costume from the beginning of his solo series, where he had the Mohawk and goatee. I heard before that we were getting the blue/yellow look (think the Marvel Legends figure), this looks like it could be done from this figure, any chance? Always loved the blue costume with the yellow straps.

Edited by bigvis497

I don't believe there is a mohawk, but like I said, I'm pretty sure he'll have an extra goatee face.

And the shoulder pads are removable. The chest block underneath should be yellow straps.

Very nice. This set is looking great, IMO.

I don't believe there is a mohawk, but like I said, I'm pretty sure he'll have an extra goatee face.

And the shoulder pads are removable. The chest block underneath should be yellow straps.

Sweeeet. Thsnks DST!

Is Shatterstar's helm/hair piece re-use?