UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Capullo X-force Boxset

elmeaux

Wait... which red and blue? There's this, which was pre-Capullo:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102687/2017069-x_force.jpg

But I think the inspiration for the Classic Toy Biz figure actually came AFTER the above blue and yellow, which I remember being short lived:

http://uncannyxmen.net/images/costume/sunspot-bigcostume5.jpg

So the second link would actually be MORE appropriate alongside the Capullo redesigns, but we'd still need Siryn and Warpath along with an updated Feral to make the team work as a whole.

Edited by Mnemosis

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(...) but we'd still need Siryn and Warpath along with an updated Feral to make the team work as a whole.

Oh, I forgot about them! We already have two packs for a wave! Send Stryfe and Gideon to make everybody happy! :)

... Didn't I say Warpath? You know I got your back!

It makes sense going the Capullo route in the long run; Rictor and Sunspot weren't part of that original X-Force 1 roster. For the beefiest team, you need to wait till circa X-Cutioner's song and the new costumes.

I'm sure these will be great, and I'll pick up a set. But I'd like to point something out, if you'll indulge me....

Cable-4 'mates I can think of, there might be 5.

Domino-2 'mates.

Cannonball-3 'mates.

Shatterstar-2 'mates.

Now that I've pointed that out, there's this:

Pyro-0.

Toad-0.

Quicksilver-1. (I concede that this will definitely change soon.)

Blob-1. Kind of.

This isn't to take a shot at the X-Force characters, but all the Brotherhood members I've listed have been in movies, or will be in about three days. These are viable characters from the X-Men Universe, they are also in mass media. If we take out movie versions, then Blob drops down to 0, and Mystique drops to 1, and she's arguably the second most famous X-Men villain at this point.

I don't bring this up to give DST a hard time, think of it more as a sales pitch.

Whenever his name is uttered, I shall appear.

I may test you on this soon.

Oh you totally did. Sorry, i was writing my post before egtting to the end of the topic. My Bad.

I know Rictor wasn't in there at the start, but we do still have a Minimate of him, so i'd like to see the Capullo designs rounded out with a Syrin/Warpath 2 pack & a Suspot/Gideon set.

We can save Stryfe for an X-Cutioner's Song box set ;)

This one.

My first X-comic book ever was X-Force #16, and I'm almost certain that's the costume he had in that.

It was my first exposure to all those characters outside the X-Men cartoon (and the X-Men's comic costumes matched the cartoon), which is why I have such love and nostalgia for those looks (C'MON, DST, 90's X-FACTOR, PLEASE crying.gif).

In 16 he wore #4, then they get caught and he switches out to classic blue and yellow as the X-Men's prisoner. It would have been the last time he wore #4 so you're PROBABLY more familiar with the two versions of 5 which became the standard, with the red and blue getting a Toy Biz figure

Edited by Mnemosis

I don't even really count two versions of costume 5, I chalk it up to a coloring error. Shatterstar had a color scheme very similar to his initial costume when the team got the makeover after X-Cutioners Song but it only lasted a panel or two. That kind of thing was common back then.

We've already talking about supplementary sets, so we'll see who else gets made. Brotherhood are regularly discussed.

No more discussion!!!!!!! They must be made!!!!!! rawwwwrrrrrr

We've already talking about supplementary sets, so we'll see who else gets made. Brotherhood are regularly discussed.

This is the kind of news that makes my day, Mr O. biggrin.png