UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Capullo X-force Boxset

elmeaux

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the reveal of the new Siryn in the Deadpool wave it seems about time to petition for the next X-Force Box Set to be:

Warpath

Feral

Sunspot

Stryfe

I would love it, but unfortunately I don't think DST would try to market that set in a million years. When Stryfe is the most recognizable costume in a boxset, there are going to be sales issues. However, Cable is much easier to market, and if DST were to include swap out parts for Stryfe, that would be amazing!

We're lucky (?) we got a Feral, the only way I can see us getting another is also with part swaps, but that doesn't seem either easy or likely.

Sunspot is a big name now, but that version of his costume also doesn't really lend to part swapping. Maybe Nessex' dream Sunspot/Gideon 2-pack will get released someday. :)

Warpath would easily be an alternate parts character if DST ever decides to revisit Thunderbird, who just so happened to first appear in Giant Size X-Men #1 in 1975....hmmm exactly 40 years ago!!!

:P

1) Convention exclusive 4-packs can be a little more obscure

2) ABSOLUTELY market it as X-Cutioner's song "Cable," who - as we all know - was really Stryfe. Remove Cable's bulked up trench coat (do we have one of those? Let's make one) and add on all the armor pieces. Alt head, too.

3) Market it as Warpath "with parts to make Thunderbird." Swap bulked up chest block for powerhouse chest block, and change out the arms, legs, and head/hair

4) Liefeld Feral really isn't "close enough" BUT... she left the team soon after. We COULD do without. If so, Zero, Gideon, red Nimrod, or Kane would all be pretty easy to do with existing parts.

5) Sunspot gets four looks, easy. His costumed body with powered down hands/head/hair. Alt powered up shirtless torso block with all black "powered up" arms/hands/head/hair. Now you can swap pieces around to make costumed/powered up Sunspot, and by taking the head and hands and applying them to any business suit, you can make modern 'Berto

1) Convention exclusive 4-packs can be a little more obscure

They used to be more obscure but I think DST has changed their philosophy on character selection for them. Hasn't Zach said they now want something a little more recognizable to casual fans? It would seem that way since the last convention set with obscure characters was Alpha Flight.

• 1 year later...