UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Capullo X-force Boxset

elmeaux

I guess they don't look that different than the ones we already have to me, Domino being the only exception. I'd have been more psyched to get a second box set with more X-Force era characters.

But don't go by me, I want a Clone Saga wave. Not because I like the story, but because I think there were interesting characters buried in there somewhere.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they don't look that different than the ones we already have to me, Domino being the only exception. I'd have been more psyched to get a second box set with more X-Force era characters.

But don't go by me, I want a Clone Saga wave. Not because I like the story, but because I think there were interesting characters buried in there somewhere.

Oh, I'd rather pretty much anyone over redos of Cannonball and Shatterstar, I prefer their Liefeld costumes by a mile. But... these translate so well, I'm happy to have them. It's just Cable and Domino I'm truly excited to see.

Maybe I'm wrong, but... for many of "us" the Lee/Liefeld/Capullo/Kubert era of the X-books ess where we got hooked on comics.

Now, the Liefeld designs interest me far less. Flatter and more 80s chic. But the 90s flair of these? These looks define what comic books were to me.

Expressly, Cable sans armor will be my MvC Cable while the armored look will get the goatee and be Stryfe (until such time as DST sees fit to rectify his absence). Point being, these mates represent the golden age for some of us. If you fall in that demographic, I think you understand. They're such perfect renderings of the source material

This.

This was my first comic book ever:

131.jpg

Shortly after getting that, this came on the air, and I started watching it (I was 10):

xmen1.jpg

So, asking my parents for another comic book, but one with those characters in it, this was my second comic book ever:

X-Force_Vol_1_16.jpg

Followed immediately by collecting these cards with my friends, who were also obsessed with the cartoon:

marvelCards92.jpg

That is why those three teams (and the majority of those incarnations of them) remain my favorites.

(Also why the Spider-Man & X-Men movies are such a letdown for me - I was raised with those characters.)

Edited by TENIME_art

I ordered two sets from Luke so I can use one to make customs/updated costumes for some of them. It is upsetting that we haven't gotten the rest of the team from the Liefeld era. I really want a Warpath, Siryn, and Sunspot (both costumed versions of them plus Feral in the Capullo designed costume). Not to mention that we really could use a couple X-Force enemies like Stryfe and Zero. I hope they get finished one day like the 90's X-men teams did. Two box sets would finish both of the team incarnations. I have pretty much given up on getting an X-Force set that includes Elixer, Wolfsbane, Vanisher and Domino to finish off that era of X-Force also. I loved that black-ops like version of X-Force and hope we see something like that in the comics again. Sabretooth would be great as the leader of a new black-ops style X-Force.

Oh yeah, I wanted to add that Dave has all the parts on Shapeways to make your own custom Stryfe. I have been holding off on getting them in hopes that we would get an official version of him, but I may give in one of these days and just make my own.

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

Oooooooh... yeah he would.

I always hated Wolverine leading X-Force. This is a guy who struggles to keep the beast in check, and who wants something better for his "daughter," so what does he do? Forms a kill squad with her on the roster.

I get it. Cyke formed the team. But then, play that up. The Schism should have had more to do with Wolverine objecting to being used as a weapon. But the problem there is... people don't know how to write Wolverine consistently. Does he hate the killer he his or revel in it? Or does he just begrudgingly accept it and use it to the beast possible ends?

That's why I like Cable. He's not insane. He's not blood thirsty. He's just a soldier, and that's his outlook on life. Imagine if Wolverine had disbanded X-Force because he was done being used as a weapon and he hated that the kids were being used that way too. But Cable was back at that point. So when Logan resigns, Nate steps out of the shadows and says "My turn?" and Cyke coolly replies "Put your squad together, son."

You'd even get to have some great symmetry... years ago Logan killed Nate's son Tyler when he became Genesis. Now Cable could have been the one to kill Daken. After that, maybe Scott finds out HOW far Nate has gone and tries to reign him in, but no dice. Cable knows the world they live in. You have him the keys to the car, he's not bringing it home till the ride is over.

Yeah - its weird isn't it?

A lot of his early appearances showed his tail as more of a long club than a barbed weapon though:

m7b7I_lHP1FdT1xKo4t03hWCvy8.jpgscorpionthennow628.jpg

Perhaps the barb was added after complaints from parent groups?

Edited by Nessex

And because Spidey being beaten by a large green dong seemed somehow.... ridiculous?

Is it more or less ridiculous for Spidey to get beaten by a large green barbed dong? I just don't know. But it's fun seeing what everyone first comics were. Definitely deserves its own thread.