UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Capullo X-force Boxset

elmeaux

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^- THIS

Say what you will about comics in the 90s but... X-Factor, Excalibur, and X-Force all had distinctly different mission statements and tones from the two core X-Men teams/books. Nowadays, I feel as though you could swap the rosters and titles around any given month and it would be impossible to notice. WatXM, Amazing, and adjectiveless all bleed together, as do Uncanny and All New. X-Factor is a shell of its former glorious self. Only X-Force feels like it's earning its title.

I'm sure these will be great, and I'll pick up a set. But I'd like to point something out, if you'll indulge me....

Cable-4 'mates I can think of, there might be 5.

Domino-2 'mates.

Cannonball-3 'mates.

Shatterstar-2 'mates.

Now that I've pointed that out, there's this:

Pyro-0.

Toad-0.

Quicksilver-1. (I concede that this will definitely change soon.)

Blob-1. Kind of.

This isn't to take a shot at the X-Force characters, but all the Brotherhood members I've listed have been in movies, or will be in about three days. These are viable characters from the X-Men Universe, they are also in mass media. If we take out movie versions, then Blob drops down to 0, and Mystique drops to 1, and she's arguably the second most famous X-Men villain at this point.

I don't bring this up to give DST a hard time, think of it more as a sales pitch.

I'm pretty excited for this Domino. I'm betting on a reuse of NOW wanda's hair piece, but I'm hoping for an all new one, or a second one without the weird tiara thing. What has me curious is Cable. The second single picked Cable pretty accurately represented the Capullo era look. Not sure what they'll do differently here...

I'm sure these will be great, and I'll pick up a set. But I'd like to point something out, if you'll indulge me....

Domino-2 'mates.

Cannonball-3 'mates.

Shatterstar-2 'mates.

Pyro-0.

Toad-0.

Blob-1. Kind of.

This isn't to take a shot at the X-Force characters, but all the Brotherhood members I've listed have been in movies, or will be in about three days. These are viable characters from the X-Men Universe, they are also in mass media. If we take out movie versions, then Blob drops down to 0, and Mystique drops to 1, and she's arguably the second most famous X-Men villain at this point.

I don't bring this up to give DST a hard time, think of it more as a sales pitch.

I'm more bummed that we're still missing members of X-Force, and yet we're getting characters we already have. I may be confused as to the difference between "Capullo" and the 90's X-Force I want completed, but Siryn still has 0 figures, and our 1 Sunspot & 2 Warpaths won't fit in with any incarnations of this team.

i am just happy there are so many Minis to get. Way more options then Marvel Universe. I say make them all. If the teams never get completed thats fine as long as they keep making them.

Domino-2 'mates.

Cannonball-3 'mates.

Shatterstar-2 'mates.

Pyro-0.

Toad-0.

Blob-1. Kind of.

Whenever his name is uttered, I shall appear.

I'll be surprised if it isn't the red look for Shatterstar.

shatterstar02b.jpg

I love these cards....I am truly a nerd. I have all these sets and love them!

Gosh, I can't wait for this boxset! I love this era and Siryn and Sunspot would be really great additions in a future wave! :)