UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Capullo X-force Boxset

elmeaux

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I truly know how everyone who like the Rufus minimate feel...

I legitimately like the idea of this box set. I’ve never read any X-Force titles, I don’t even know who “Capullo” is (is he the same Capullo DCC is making some Batman figures in the stye of? I guess that makes him a sort of big deal if two companies are making figures based on his work?) I just think the designs will look good as minimates (they tend to look good when people make custom ML figures of the characters in these costumes) so I’m on board.

Yes, that's the same Capullo. He started at Marvel in the early '90s, getting some attention for his lovely work on the cult title Quasar. He then moved to X-Force for a pretty short period of time, before becoming Todd McFarlane's replacement on Spawn. After many, many years, he just jumped to DC, and has really been knocking it out of the park on Batman.

Yeah, I think all have a good shot to get made at some point. I had to look up Aleta, because I'm not a classic GotG fan, but we all love those designs. Crystal is classic Marvel, and she's been on three teams. Siryn I hope will get made right after Banshee.

And kids may not read modern comics, but modern comics are where the movies and cartoons (like Ultimate Spidey) are getting most of their ideas from nowadays.

It is sad but Crystal is one of the most connected characters in the Marvel U and the most ignored. She is an Avenger, Fantastic Four, and Inhumans. She married into both the X-Men and into the Cosmic Realm. She's an easy custom but still would love a major release regardless of the costume. Aleta's light based powers would make for great accessories but again no one remembers her. You should get the trade of GOTG for Jim Valentino's run. I remember loving that book. Why not just make a Banshee two pack with both Teresa and Sean. It could even be a theme! Captain Marvel (Carol and Genius), Banshee (Theresa and Sean), Wasp (Hank Pym and Janet), Hawkeye (Kate and Clint),

Zach, I was just thinking about how we've had several Cables and you've said that DST considers him an anchor character, is there any talk of a Stryfe 'mate? It just seems surprising to have had so many Cable 'mates but never one of his greatest foes.

When was he last seen?

Zach, I was just thinking about how we've had several Cables and you've said that DST considers him an anchor character, is there any talk of a Stryfe 'mate? It just seems surprising to have had so many Cable 'mates but never one of his greatest foes.

When was he last seen?

X-Men: Messiah War - 2009.

And a cape that sticks straight out behind the figure.

Good idea. Damn good idea.

How would DST even do that? Either include no feet at all or something like half of a slipper foot?

I'll leave that to the guys at DST. I'm just here with the game changing idea that could well propel DST into the same category as your Mattels and Hasbros of the world. If I could do it all myself, I would be the one lighting cigars with $100 bills.

Lower costs, higher profit. . .yep, no brainer there. And Stryfe is such a brilliant character design. Liefeld realized the popularity of characters with "spiky ears" like Wolverine and Batman, and thought to himself--"if I give a character, like, 12 spiky ears on his head, he'll probably be 12 times cooler than Wolverine." And he was right. Throw some extra spikes on his shoulder pads, arms, thighs, and shins (again, like Batman, but much cooler because it's so much more X-Treme), add in a cape that defies every law of physics, and you've maybe got Liefeld's masterpiece.

Also just realized he's got 4 metallic nipples, a cod piece that won't quit, and spikes that actually come down from his cheeks. I'm beginning to get a little angry that DST hasn't made this guy yet.

Edited by karamazov80

Is...is Stryfe standing ON that panel block? And how is his thigh phasing though his skirt? And why do they want to "nail Stryfe?" Do they not see even attempting that would shred them to pieces by the sheer number of razors on his armor? Oh, right, because Liefeld. It amuses me how he hasn't gotten ANY better and has a bigger following than ever. And by amuses, i mean feels like a swift kick to the balls.

Was Messiah War really 2009? Wow, the Dark Angel Saga was building for a LONG time. I miss Stryfe. Not this Stryfe, naturally.