UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, youbastards said:

No it won't!!!!   

I want Clemons, Dillon, Golic, David, Morse, Andrews, Bishop, Weyland Yutani Soldiers, Ripley, and multiple versions of the Alien.  Gore-covered, Molten steel, translucent brown, etc...

My apologies, it was rude of me to speak for everyone ;)

Wishful thinking though...if they make everyone on your list...I will buy them for you!

47 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

It's certainly tempting, but we may dip our toe in first before diving into a sea of bald civilians in drab colors.

Look on the bright side. Bald = no hairpieces = less tooling.

Okay, let's dip a toe:

Alien 3

Ripley & Clemens (with heads for Gregor, Golic, Superintendent Andrews, and Aaron)

Dillon & David (with heads for Boggs, Arthur, Morse, and Junior)

Bishop II & Company Man

Weyland-Yutani Commando & Dog-burster

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Look on the bright side. Bald = no hairpieces = less tooling.

Okay, let's dip a toe:

Alien 3

Ripley & Clemens (with heads for Gregor, Golic, Superintendent Andrews, and Aaron)

Dillon & David (with heads for Boggs, Arthur, Morse, and Junior)

Bishop II & Company Man

Weyland-Yutani Commando & Dog-burster

An assortment is what I was veering away from! Dipping a toe is more like ChrisHarrison1982's proposal, but we'll see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

An assortment is what I was veering away from! Dipping a toe is more like ChrisHarrison1982's proposal, but we'll see how it goes.

Here here Zach. A Ferro to complete Aliens and Ripley and Dog Alien to carry on the collection. A prisoner here or there would be fun, maybe Andrews, Clemons, Golic and Dillon since there are enough significant physical differences between them to make for interesting figures. For me Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 is the trilogy...a start, a middle and an end. I am not so keen on what came after.

Even Covenant got a full assortment at specialty and support from TRU. I didn't realize there was so much disdain for Alien 3.

The first two flicks got single figures, 2-packs, 4-packs, Deluxe, and vehicle assortments, and I recall how hesitant DSTwas about even trying Alien. Chuck finally gets to the third installment and decides to take a pass, jumping right to Resurrection? Wow. He couldn't even offer a mixed assortment like with TRU Series 3.

Disappointing but I can't honestly say it's surprising.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Even Covenant got a full assortment at specialty and support from TRU. I didn't realize there was so much disdain for Alien 3.

Covenant assortment was offered at the same time as the movie came out in theaters, and hit before the DVD arrived. Alien 3 came out in 1992, so a full product line is not exactly what retailers are crying out for. We tested the waters for Alien before we went whole-hog.

The first two flicks got single figures, 2-packs, 4-packs, Deluxe, and vehicle assortments, and I recall how hesitant DSTwas about even trying Alien. Chuck finally gets to the third installment and decides to take a pass, jumping right to Resurrection? Wow. He couldn't even offer a mixed assortment like with TRU Series 3.

While my implication that there wouldn't be a full assortment for A3 was true, my implication that there would be significantly more for A4 was meant as a joke. Because who would skip A3 to make a full assortment of A4? :D I actually do prefer Resurrection to A3, but I know few others do. Great cast, though.

Current plan is for TRU4 to be a mixed assortment, with both those films but also more. I believe it will hit this year -- 25th anniversary of A3, 20th anniversary of A4. 

Disappointing but I can't honestly say it's surprising.

Surprise!

38853a2034b87a15caa93166bd9aa020.gif

33 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Covenant assortment was offered at the same time as the movie came out in theaters, and hit before the DVD arrived. Alien 3 came out in 1992, so a full product line is not exactly what retailers are crying out for. We tested the waters for Alien before we went whole-hog.

While my implication that there wouldn't be a full assortment for A3 was true, my implication that there would be significantly more for A4 was meant as a joke. Because who would skip A3 to make a full assortment of A4? :D I actually do prefer Resurrection to A3, but I know few others do. Great cast, though.

Current plan is for TRU4 to be a mixed assortment, with both those films but also more. I believe it will hit this year -- 25th anniversary of A3, 20th anniversary of A4. 

Surprise!

38853a2034b87a15caa93166bd9aa020.gif

What a wonderful set of replies to read Zach...bravo! And I can't wait for what the rest of 2017 has in store for us mini Alien fans!

Zach, is there an LCS wave 4 too, or just TRU?

My guess for TRU Wave 4 is 

- Fiorina 131 Ripley / Dog Alien

- Alien Resurrection Ripley / Swimming Alien

- Alien Resurrection Johner / Warrior Alien

Hopefully DST still has plans for the Dropships, but my gut tells me that the APC underperformed, in part due to the MSRP mix up at specialty.

4 minutes ago, youbastards said:

Hopefully DST still has plans for the Dropships, but my gut tells me that the APC underperformed, in part due to the MSRP mix up at specialty.

I've bought out all the apcs at TRUs from Louisville to Nashville. I don't know. I just know I'd buy at least that many dropships. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

I really hope we see a Xenomorph variant in a crawling position. If we do get the swimming Xenomorph, I hope it has a different sculpt for the chest cap that allows for the Xenomorph to look 'up' and a different, straight tall piece(s). It could then be repurposed for a crawling version.

34 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

I really hope we see a Xenomorph variant in a crawling position. If we do get the swimming Xenomorph, I hope it has a different sculpt for the chest cap that allows for the Xenomorph to look 'up' and a different, straight tall piece(s). It could then be repurposed for a crawling version.

I like that idea a lot. :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, youbastards said:

TRU loves its xenos so I'm guessing one SKU for Alien 3, one SKU for Resurrection, and another SKU for Kenner-inspired designs. Either way I'm hoping for those dropships, too.

I forgot about the Kenner inspired stuff. I love the Xenos but other than the Covenant ones there isn't that much difference, visually, between them. So getting some of the wild Kenner designs would definitely spice up that side of the line. And if it leads to Kenner Predators, well then all the better.

BUT I don't want Kenner Xenos at the expense of Ferro and Bishop. I don't think that will happen though.

21 hours ago, youbastards said:

Just TRU.

21 hours ago, youbastards said:

Not a mix-up, just an intentional modification, and it did fine as far as I know. The drop ship is still on the board as far as I know.

7 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

I forgot about the Kenner inspired stuff. I love the Xenos but other than the Covenant ones there isn't that much difference, visually, between them. So getting some of the wild Kenner designs would definitely spice up that side of the line. And if it leads to Kenner Predators, well then all the better.

We showed our Kenner-inspired Predator wave for TRU at the SDCC panel. I'll try to put out some press images soon. 

7 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

BUT I don't want Kenner Xenos at the expense of Ferro and Bishop. I don't think that will happen though.

As far as I know, those are two separate things, and both are planned.