UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Space Jockey hits comic shops 1/25.

FYI, specialty version (grey with Kane) comes with five closed eggs, one open egg, flashlight, gun, facehugger.

TRU version (blue-black with Dallas) just comes with flashlight and gun.

Man, TRU got jipped on the accessories on their version.  Is the specialty version way more expensive than the TRU version like the APC?

Edited by MisterMiracle

17 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

Man, TRU got jipped on the accessories on their version.  Is the specialty version way more expensive than the TRU version like the APC?

That was an error, and we corrected it with retailers.

I believe both space jockeys are 14.99. The TRU sample I saw may have just been missing a tray, it has happened, but I am assuming it is final.

1 minute ago, MisterPL said:

Welcome aboard, Chris!

No news yet but Toy Fair is just a month away. I'm hopeful that sales on the APCs and Space Jockeys justify producing Dropships. 

Thank you!  

I will keep my fingers crossed, it seems such a shame not to have Ferro when we have every other character.

And just a Ripley and a Dog Alien from 3 would be amazing.

Like ChrisHarrison1982, I too am new to minimates, and started collecting thanks to the Aliens line, and then Predator.

I didn't think I would ever collect this scale, I'm more into 7" scale, but the breadth of this line alone converted me. Now I have every Aliens minimate produced, and all the Predator minimates from the first film. It's such a shame here in the UK, availability makes it challenging to collect, I've had to import many times. I wish at least one retailer would fully support minimates, or that DST had a presence here that I was able to buy from directly.

I'm hoping this line goes on and on. I too want a dropship. I'm especially fond of the idea of a Queen Alien egg sack/hive set.

What is the biggest set/deluxe minimates have ever done? Do you think it's feasible? The majesty of it alone, I think it would sell like hotcakes. No one else has ever managed to give us this, so surely if 2" scale can't manage it, what hope do we have.

15 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=104244906&cp=&parentPage=search

Did anyone see these yet?  NECA made ships from Aliens and Predator.  They might look pretty cool on display with Minimates.

I was thinking the same thing. They look pretty cool but I've already got Galoob's Action Fleet ships so I'm satisfied with those. That derelict ship is awfully tempting. I can see that on DST's drawing board though.

1 hour ago, TooNiche said:

Like ChrisHarrison1982, I too am new to minimates, and started collecting thanks to the Aliens line, and then Predator.

I didn't think I would ever collect this scale, I'm more into 7" scale, but the breadth of this line alone converted me. Now I have every Aliens minimate produced, and all the Predator minimates from the first film. It's such a shame here in the UK, availability makes it challenging to collect, I've had to import many times. I wish at least one retailer would fully support minimates, or that DST had a presence here that I was able to buy from directly.

I'm hoping this line goes on and on. I too want a dropship. I'm especially fond of the idea of a Queen Alien egg sack/hive set.

What is the biggest set/deluxe minimates have ever done? Do you think it's feasible? The majesty of it alone, I think it would sell like hotcakes. No one else has ever managed to give us this, so surely if 2" scale can't manage it, what hope do we have.

Welcome to you, too, TooNiche!

DST tried offering a generic street diorama made out of resin years ago but the price point was so high that pre-orders never justified producing it. Then there was a much cheaper, coated paper diorama but there wasn't much interest in that either.

But I have to believe that if a glorified prop like the Space Jockey, with relatively low play value, can be successful then there's no reason that a egg sack/hive playset wouldn't be considered, especially since it's from what's arguably the most popular film in the franchise. After all, they've already got the tooling for the Queen, drones, eggs, and face huggers done.

14 hours ago, TooNiche said:

I hadn't even considered the Queen egg sack scenario!  

I was in the same boat as TooNiche, loved larger scales action figures but no-one is ever going to produce every character like you can get with Minimates so I converted.  In the few weeks I have been collecting I am up to date with Aliens, Predator, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and working on Terminator...an expensive month but I see them as investment pieces too!

2 hours ago, pk13 said:

Hey Zach, are there any alternate Kane pieces under the title card? Trying to figure out how many of these setshelmetco I need.

No alternate parts, just a facehugger you can use when the helmet comes off. Helmet is broken with face hugger attached. Regular Kane was at TRU.

I was afraid of that. I was hoping we would see a repaint of the Ripley helmet from the Alien 2-pack, the one to have her hair on underneath. A Facehugger accessory fits under that one. I guess it's good I got an extra, now I just need to find a color to match.