UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

I never said you weren't there, only that we didn't show them to the public for a very good reason. But you're in the toy business, and seeing stuff far in advance is the good and bad part about being in the business. You see them sooner, but want them longer.

And how do you think I feel? I want them as badly as you do, and I've known about them longer than you have. Where's my sympathy? :)

...Wait a minute, it sounds like you're not actually IN the Minimates business. What's up with that? Import some Minimates!

And next time you come through the booth, introduce yourself. I don't know if you were a Multiverse member back then, but you are now. Which means I need to keep an eye on you. ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And our product is rarely "delayed." Development takes as long as it takes to take to get it right, which is why we only give estimates until the product is in our warehouse and we know when it will ship to stores. There's no way we can predict exactly when they will get to comic shops, unless we give a date that's a year off and sit on them until then. It's better to give an expected date and revise as needed. Some stuff ships early, some later.

Sorry if an older release dates schedule on artasylum.com said July. Until that schedule assigns it a specific date, it's all estimates. I put those together, and I try not to mislead anybody.

That's the curse of working with what you like! Maybe we can drown our sorrows with a couple of beers!

I'll not attend the SDCC this year because the flight tickets are very expensive here in Brazil (thank you World Cup!) but I'll say Hi in NYTF!

We talked about minimates every business meeting we have with Diamond but only the TWD license don't have international issues for now. But we're always trying!

Now, as a collector, I always has been more attached in the comic books universe and always get figures from there. Always get some marvel minimates but only in a couple years I transform the minimates in my "main collection" (even thinking in sell some Marvel Universe figures to buy their mates counterpart).

I never liked movie toylines but Aliens minimates was the first movie line that really catch my attention, neither the Neca figures get me! It's a new start in my collection and that's why I'm so happy with the line but upset with the schedule. But that's ok, I can wait a little more!

Edited by Gregio

I've never worked on the Alien license and don't remember working with Fox since Anastasia (yes, that long ago). I'd be interested in the particular challenges of the approval process with this line. Some licensees are pickier than others.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd be shocked if the army dumps haven't performed at or above expectations, especially considering they essentially green-lit the 2-pack assortments.

At least showing prototypes as a sign of good faith has always gone a long way toward building consumer confidence in the longevity of a line.

Considering vehicles probably enjoy a better sales margin, if the line is "wildly successful," it seems like vehicles make good business sense.

Did Kenner ever makes plans for an APC? Did they ever offer anything from the Aliens film? I thought they just offered product (including vehicles) based on the nixed animated series "Operation: Aliens."

I'm not sure the APC or Drop Ship would have been viable for that line at that time but it when DarthBurkie asked for a dropship when the line was first announced, Zach replied, "You got it."

If the Alien Queen has already been designed, I wouldn't be shocked if there is at least concept art for one of the vehicles.

I just wish Ripley's hair in the Alien boxset was different. I don't like the current reuse sculpt at all. Wish it was little longer.

Same here. The short do works fine for Ripley in Aliens, but I would have much preferred her longer locks look on the Alien version.

Yeah, I was looking at this piece, trying to see if it could work for the ponytail. It's less ponytail, and more "pulled back".

fig0639llg.jpg

Ironically, Karamazov80 and I went through this same situation a few years ago on Sideshow Freaks when iminime was working on their 1/6 "Space Trucker" figure. Unfortunately, the final version of that project didn't produce what we wanted either.

:\

Ironically, Karamazov80 and I went through this same situation a few years ago on Sideshow Freaks when iminime was working on their 1/6 "Space Trucker" figure. Unfortunately, the final version of that project didn't produce what we wanted either.

:\

Yeah, I've got loads of screenshots if that will help DST choose the best Minimate hair possible biggrin.png