UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

RE: marketing R rated material to kids

You guys know about the abandoned Operation: Aliens cartoon that the Kenner toyline was based on?

I hope the Aliens stuff gets here soon, I look forward to having SHIELD fighting some xenomorphs on my office desk.

The toy release likely had to do with the fact that around that same time both Alien and Aliens were sanitized and shown on TV. That is how I first watched them.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Face it, you parasites are always on the attack. I suggest a group hug before someone gets Hurt. No one need slink-away into the shadows with their tail between the legs.

"Maybe we can build a fire, sing a couple of songs!"

-buttrobshantbejoiningyousmate

I try to help and here you come to Drake the coals for an all-out flame-war! Suit yourself, but I just can't handle the pressure or Gor, man. My apologies for coming-off like a Queen or Bishop.

Edited by cdubya

I'm sending these off to a very discerning member who is just not prepared to wait in hope. no.gif

post-638-0-66148400-1403782807_thumb.jpgpost-638-0-65538600-1403782821_thumb.jpgpost-638-0-17830200-1403782833_thumb.jpgpost-638-0-81838500-1403782856_thumb.jpgpost-638-0-75008900-1403782880_thumb.jpgpost-638-0-73333800-1403782901_thumb.jpgpost-638-0-10338100-1403782922_thumb.jpgpost-638-0-26271800-1403783077_thumb.jpg

OK .....we know I'm not the best photographer but I think these do the trick . The 'loader is definitely compatible as is the Queen & the eggs , the other MFs aren't too shabby either .

I have.....er...... more & if anybody is interested in buying one PLMK ...........forget the ridiculous ebay prices but nope I'm not giving them away.

I got those a little after we heard DST had the Aliens liscense. I am very happy with them as far as scale goes!

• 2 weeks later...

I know all the reaction stuff that my local B&N got in, they haven't sold a single figure, and they've had them for atleast a month and a half...

yeah - to be honest, i wasn't super impressed with the figures themselves..... but i thought the playlet might be fun for Minimates. xDon't know if i'm willing to pay $100 for it though :-/

Yeah, though I don't think the Micro Machines were based on the ill-fated cartoon. And we also had Predator toys released around the same time I believe.

I was aware of the Kenner line being based on the cartoon (which is still an odd move, kinda like "Silence of the Lambs: The Animated Series!") but Galoob's line was definitely based on the films.

Yeah, Micro Machines were very much doing their stuff based on the films. For Aliens, Predator, and Terminator 2. I remember the Micro Machines playset based on "Alien" that had a little toggle lever to have a chestburster shoot out of Kane. Heh.

Kenner had the conceptualized 'toon in mind for their line, it was cancelled but the product was complete, so they shipped it out and as it progressed tried to make it tie in more to the movie. When the marines failed sell well at retail, Predator was introduced as a supplementary line to replace the marines. I collect the hell out of the Kenner Aliens/Predator line.