UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

As much as a large scale Power Loader and Queen would be desired, I would prefer these two to be "in scale" with each other over other mates in the line.

If we aren't going to get a Queen larger than a 2-inch base, I would be okay with a Power Loader made up like Phonics Buster Iron Man: large boot accessories, pincher hand pieces, a backpack/helmet "cage," and maybe some upper arm/leg pieces.

Phoenix Buster Iron Man-style Power Loader works for me.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While that's a creative option, I truly hope it doesn't come down to that. I prefer to hope for the best rather than settle for facsimiles.

As much as a large scale Power Loader and Queen would be desired, I would prefer these two to be "in scale" with each other over other mates in the line.

If we aren't going to get a Queen larger than a 2-inch base, I would be okay with a Power Loader made up like Phonics Buster Iron Man: large boot accessories, pincher hand pieces, a backpack/helmet "cage," and maybe some upper arm/leg pieces.

Phoenix Buster Iron Man-style Power Loader works for me.

If it goes that route I'm not interested. I'll understand that not everything is possible so I won't knock anyone over it, but I don't want something that isn't representative of the actual power loader. I want either a legitimate one or none at all.

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but has Zach said if DST has considered getting the Predator license? They would be an excellent companion to the Alien 'mates, and NECA has certainly proven that there's a lot of mileage in the Predator varieties.

I want a Wasp Predator minimate.

Not recently, but I believe Chuck had mentioned wanting to persue the license in the past. It makes perfect sense to me. It's another cash-cow that always has a fan-base. And much like the Alien/s license, the only way fans could hope to get a full-cast (likeness-rights)!

That's not the first place I've seen the 12-figure dump case referred to as a "six-pack." Doesn't seem like much of a bargain at $72, does it?

That could definitely hurt the potential for sales, if people are finding out about this, but with totally inaccurate pricing. Most casual collectors are going to laugh at the apparent price and not think about these again.

I wonder if the 6 is inferred because only 6 characters are shown (and they don't read the fine print to know there are multiple aliens included).

Edited by karamazov80

I think it is a matter of misunderstanding. Will it hurt? Likely, but I think most seasoned collectors scoff at "retail" (MSRP) pricing anyway.

Spent a couple of hours and now I'm ready to get a Ripley Minimate smile.png

MinimatesPowerLoader01_zps49af0dd1.jpg

MinimatesPowerLoader02_zps3b596dab.png

The hands rotate and the shoulders and elbows can move. I originally had movable ankles and knees, but the movement didn't really show that much and the legs are sturdier without those joints. The Minimate's foot pads rotate and the rollcage can move (with some force)

Edited by Shogi