UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
MisterPL

The Alien™ Franchise

Aliens Wave 6 wishlist!  

- Ripley (End battle/tank top variant) / Clemens (alt parts for Andrews)

- Dog Alien / Prisoner Golic (alt parts for Morse)

- Dog Alien (molten lead variant) / Prisoner Junior (alt parts for Murphy)

- Charles Bishop Weyland / Weyland-Yutani Commando

It's funny that DST didn't want to offer a 4th assortment to specialty. My LCS has passed on every Alien wave but saw this one and the owner said he'd have no problem moving a case with all those xenos in the wave. Hopefully other retailers feel the same way, otherwise we're probably looking at more 4-packs at best.

Without actually seeing them in a store and the excitement of finding new product I don't think I can bring myself to buy these. Interestingly it's for the same reason others might be interested: All those Xenos.

What would you have preferred? Are we saturated in xenos? I know I have a LOT.

I'll be getting one complete set and probably at least a couple other 2-packs for some customs. Army builders are just icing on the cake.

I would have preferred anything but that same darn Xeno mold again. I lost track of how many I have but I'm sure it's over 20 and I need it to be something really cool to justify buying more. I might be able to handle an army building set of the red Hiveworld Aliens (I don't think the red Alien here is close enough to work for that) but otherwise I need to see some new tooling. If the Isolation Alien had some new legs to represent it's slightly different appearance I might be interested. It doesn't help that I don't have much interest in the human characters in this wave either.

I love everything about this wave....except for Ripley's likeness.  I can't look at this:

d59e2bc9-b2e8-4000-b6a3-e102d0dbce11.jpg

and not see this:

giphy.gif

I'm waiting for a drop ship and / or a clean Bishop and (can't think of her name now pilot chick) before I buy anymore Alien related mates. I hope these sell well enough that those get made.

15 hours ago, stack32 said:

I would have preferred anything but that same darn Xeno mold again. I lost track of how many I have but I'm sure it's over 20 and I need it to be something really cool to justify buying more. I might be able to handle an army building set of the red Hiveworld Aliens (I don't think the red Alien here is close enough to work for that) but otherwise I need to see some new tooling. If the Isolation Alien had some new legs to represent it's slightly different appearance I might be interested. It doesn't help that I don't have much interest in the human characters in this wave either.

Yeah, some more xeno variety would be welcome. The different expressions are great but they could switch up some parts here and there to go with the mix & match play pattern. An exploding chest piece would be cool for a platoon of marines firing wildly at a surrounding horde. (I love that Flaming Alien.)

I'm disappointed Dillon doesn't come with parts for another Fury 161 inmate. Hopefully this line continues and we can squeeze in more humans for a greater variety of xenos to victimize and everyone's happy.

aliens4.JPG

Posted (edited)

I think the dropship is looking pretty unlikely, but it would be nice if there could be at least one more mixed wave with clean Bishop and Ferro.

I'm interested in the Blue Xeno/Ron Perlman set for those reasons alone, but it isn't a priority for me.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I'm disappointed Dillon doesn't come with parts for another Fury 161 inmate. Hopefully this line continues and we can squeeze in more humans for a greater variety of xenos to victimize and everyone's happy.

Remove some hairpieces and anyone can be a Fury 161 inmate! Ironically, "inmate" is the source of "Minimate." Facts you probably know!

Ah, I get it. "Inmate" as in inmate of the "Art Asylum." Mini-Inmate... MiniMate... I see what you did there. I actually never knew that.

10 hours ago, MisterPL said:

An exploding chest piece would be cool for a platoon of marines firing wildly at a surrounding horde.

Throw in an exploding head and I'd buy a bunch of them.

I still say we need a chest block/cap for the Xenomorph that allows for it to be looking ‘up’ for a crawling pose. This would have been perfect for this wave, to give us the swimming Xeno from Resurrection as well as the Ox/Dog Alien from 3.

15 hours ago, stack32 said:

Throw in an exploding head and I'd buy a bunch of them.

9 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

I still say we need a chest block/cap for the Xenomorph that allows for it to be looking ‘up’ for a crawling pose. This would have been perfect for this wave, to give us the swimming Xeno from Resurrection as well as the Ox/Dog Alien from 3.

Both good ideas. 👍👍