UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

26 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Can we crowd fund a Bishop and Ferro

That might be a possibility through DST's new site if they're so inclined. It's taken them this long to take the site this far so I'm not sure if I should say "but don't hold your breath" or suggest that there's new momentum within the organization.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Can we crowd fund a Bishop and Ferro

I think you mean Bishop and Ferro and dropship!

If we're going to have to advance fund them to get them made, might as well include the ship.

I would love it if Luke took these on as a one-off project aside from his Marvel and WWE customs. I bet a custom Bishop and Ferro 2 pack would be a huge seller.

I'd like to think that there'd be more support for a dropship just because collectors would likely want more than one. I know I would. Add the figures and give them enough parts to make alternate versions of each character and I think it's a home run.

Not sure if DST still has the license though. I had hoped that when they exhausted Alien they'd move onto AvP but clearly that hasn't happened.

18 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

I think you mean Bishop and Ferro and dropship!

Personally, I'm okay without a drop ship. I see why others want one (or two), but I don't have a need for one. The APC was a surprise in and of itself. I just want the cast of the movie to be complete. 

A dropship would be great but a 'bridge too far' in the current climate whereas a 2-pack series finisher would seem far more realistic .

I have tried to feel some love for Minimate vehicles , the BSG items came close , but I have little . I would ,for example,have much preferred all of the Munsters family rather than the 2 Munsters koaches & 2 Hermans that we got !!

Edited by buttheadsmate
grammar

34 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Wrapping up a cast with a vehicle is a little different than starting one (or restarting one) with a vehicle. 

If it came down to a choice, knowing how tiny the dropship would be, I'd be giddy with the Ferro/Bishop 2-pack. 

My point was just that if it was going to be crowdfunded anyway (post I was replying to), might as well find out if there's enough interest to justify the dropship too.

I think my Luke idea was our best bet at this point. I wonder if he's got parts that would work to make a pile of these?

• 1 month later...

I still buy the occasional old Minimate from ebay if it's cheap enough it interests me, 'dump' chases always come into that category .  This week I received 6 Alien dump cases which included the 3 human figures which I always go for .

They were described as 'new' & the 3 human figures were as described BUT ol'butt nearly threw his toys out of the pram when he noticed that the Alien figures were almost bursting out of their little cases! :angry:  On inspection I noted that they were still taped,obviously unopened, so WTF had gone on ? 

You know...but I didn't ....that back in 2014 somebody must have realised a bit too late that the box was a wee bit too small for the xenomorph , Ivan's site confirms . The reason for posting this is that it's kind of sad that it's taken 7 years for me to realise this ....I must also add that I had the TRU xenomporphs versions (in hand) way before I had the dump cases so there was little reason for me to inspect mine.

ITS BEEN A SLOW NEWS DAY HERE.

5 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

... the Alien figures were almost bursting out of their little cases!

How appropriate. ?

I never considered myself a huge fan of this franchise but, damn, I have a hard time NOT buying every Alien Minimate I see. If DST ever gets the chance to continue with Alien 3, Resurrection, Isolation, and whatever Disney cooks up, I'm there.

Since this topic seems to have some life in it, and we're almost to page 79(!), I thought I'd do a giveaway for a 1979-boxed Alien Minimate I've had in my office forever. First person to claim it who does NOT have one (honor system) gets it!

DMC12402_i.jpg

So say we all.

That particular pack is, I believe,an homage to the original Kenner pack. Medicom did the same with kubricks,several years ago ...they however produced a big 400%   f8cker as well as the normal sized version,both had almost identically styled packaging.

I mention this because it is fascinating to have watched, over the years ,some ebay sellers  contriving to photograph their 'normal-sized' packaged item in such a manner that the uninitiated might think they are buying the big 'un.:no:

Just saying.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Eaglemoss have a Dropship up for pre-order .......but at 200mm long it's not going to be minimate scale .

:(

I have at least one smaller dropship that's fine as a background prop for photos. I was really hoping Lanard would get around to offering one for their Walmart Alien line like they did with the APC. That would probably scale great with Minimates.

True. If anything can generate more interest at retail, it's a well done series. Let's hope it's of the same caliber as The Mandalorian.

Now I'm wondering if DST has a license to continue making Minimates. Not that they can't reacquire it from their friends at Disney. ?

• 1 month later...