UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another epic burn! 

But seriously, anniversaries rarely lead to more purchases, so it's rare that we pursue any product specifically for an anniversary. Usually, it is coincidental, as any license that goes for five years has at least one anniversary year in it. 

The Resurrection/A3/Isolation wave was offered exclusively to comic shops. I don't know how well it did, but it must not have been well enough to warrant another assortment.

And while I know everyone wants to complete the team, I think people need to remember that it's one very minor character (Ferro; we made a Bishop even if people don't like it) and that the line got a vehicle, something most lines do NOT get. Obviously, people feel the way they feel, but I think Aliens is one of our greatest successes. And we still have the license, so who knows. 

We all agree it is one of the greatest successes in the Minimates line, that is why we don't want it to end.  I can understand the lukewarm reception to the last TRU wave, but I attribute that mostly to the lack of new tooling coupled with movies that aren't fan favorites.  I just don't see how putting together some Army Dumps aren't a viable option if you still have the license.  New Alien variants, Ripley/Hicks, and Ferro/Bishop.  No new tooling required and *most* of the figures can just reuse existing tampos.  Maybe some new facial expressions on Ripley and Hicks to set them apart from the initial releases.

The original Aliens Army Dump sold through, and that was almost a year before the LCS and TRU waves.

Edited by youbastards

17 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Another epic burn! 

But seriously, anniversaries rarely lead to more purchases, so it's rare that we pursue any product specifically for an anniversary. Usually, it is coincidental, as any license that goes for five years has at least one anniversary year in it. 

The Resurrection/A3/Isolation wave was offered exclusively to comic shops. I don't know how well it did, but it must not have been well enough to warrant another assortment.

And while I know everyone wants to complete the team, I think people need to remember that it's one very minor character (Ferro; we made a Bishop even if people don't like it) and that the line got a vehicle, something most lines do NOT get. Obviously, people feel the way they feel, but I think Aliens is one of our greatest successes. And we still have the license, so who knows. 

i consider this the best line outside of MARVEL related ones.  if more was made i'd buy it, but i'm also happy with what we got.

True confession, I have never seen the Alien movies. All I know about it I learned from the Great Movie Ride in Disney Hollywood Studios (back when it was MGM). I just buy this like because it looks cool, has great parts for other customs, and I have Villains to display against my DC and Marvel mates and they have Vehicles and Accessories. I even bought a Vinimate Alien since I know they have a queen. That being said, I am really sad this line isn't continuing as any minimates line is a good line to me. I have the same issue with the Ghostbuster lines but at least then I have seen the movies and I bought a Stay Puff Vinimate because he is iconic.

DST should approach Target with an assortment.

We’re still one Ripley short (Alien: Resurrection) so she can anchor it. Progressive Target will love the emphasis on the athletic female character. (Make sure to include a basketball.)

A brand new xeno in the form of the Runner from Alien 3 will attract veteran collectors. 

After that add Bishop, Ferro, Clemens, and Dr. Gediman (because Brad Dourif!). 

Wonder if the web series would revive this. The web-series, titled Alien: Isolation, which will stream directly from IGN, will follow the story from 2014's Alien: Isolation game by Sega and expand on the tale of Amanda Ripley.

10 hours ago, MUUK76 said:

I think the general idea may have been to release both Bishop (Clean) and Ferro with the dropship.

It makes sense to me as both piloted one.

Maybe the demise of Toys R Us curtailed that ?.

If that was the plan then they basically planned not to release those two figures because the dropship was always a longshot.

I would have gladly double-dipped on a Bishop/Ferro 2-pack (or in some other 2-pack configuration) and the dropships. But I'm in the minority.

The really frustrating thing about this is the line had great momentum and then it just stopped. Granted TRU closing had a large part of that but when we were just 1 character from completing the cast it really hurt.

Oh and saying Ferro is a very minor character when Wierzbowski, a character that was only mentioned by name after he died got a figure is some weird logic. Ferro at least had lines in a few scenes.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

• 2 weeks later...

What we have is absolutely terrific and I’m grateful for all of it. But I also just wish we’d gotten clean Bishop and Ferro. 

This line is one of my favorites and it’s a shame that there’s nothing new on the horizon. 

Edited by Mystery Man