UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny that DST didn't want to offer a 4th assortment to specialty. My LCS has passed on every Alien wave but saw this one and the owner said he'd have no problem moving a case with all those xenos in the wave. Hopefully other retailers feel the same way, otherwise we're probably looking at more 4-packs at best.

I would have preferred anything but that same darn Xeno mold again. I lost track of how many I have but I'm sure it's over 20 and I need it to be something really cool to justify buying more. I might be able to handle an army building set of the red Hiveworld Aliens (I don't think the red Alien here is close enough to work for that) but otherwise I need to see some new tooling. If the Isolation Alien had some new legs to represent it's slightly different appearance I might be interested. It doesn't help that I don't have much interest in the human characters in this wave either.

15 hours ago, stack32 said:

I would have preferred anything but that same darn Xeno mold again. I lost track of how many I have but I'm sure it's over 20 and I need it to be something really cool to justify buying more. I might be able to handle an army building set of the red Hiveworld Aliens (I don't think the red Alien here is close enough to work for that) but otherwise I need to see some new tooling. If the Isolation Alien had some new legs to represent it's slightly different appearance I might be interested. It doesn't help that I don't have much interest in the human characters in this wave either.

Yeah, some more xeno variety would be welcome. The different expressions are great but they could switch up some parts here and there to go with the mix & match play pattern. An exploding chest piece would be cool for a platoon of marines firing wildly at a surrounding horde. (I love that Flaming Alien.)

I'm disappointed Dillon doesn't come with parts for another Fury 161 inmate. Hopefully this line continues and we can squeeze in more humans for a greater variety of xenos to victimize and everyone's happy.

aliens4.JPG

I think the dropship is looking pretty unlikely, but it would be nice if there could be at least one more mixed wave with clean Bishop and Ferro.

I'm interested in the Blue Xeno/Ron Perlman set for those reasons alone, but it isn't a priority for me.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I'm disappointed Dillon doesn't come with parts for another Fury 161 inmate. Hopefully this line continues and we can squeeze in more humans for a greater variety of xenos to victimize and everyone's happy.

Remove some hairpieces and anyone can be a Fury 161 inmate! Ironically, "inmate" is the source of "Minimate." Facts you probably know!

I still say we need a chest block/cap for the Xenomorph that allows for it to be looking ‘up’ for a crawling pose. This would have been perfect for this wave, to give us the swimming Xeno from Resurrection as well as the Ox/Dog Alien from 3.

15 hours ago, stack32 said:

Throw in an exploding head and I'd buy a bunch of them.

9 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

I still say we need a chest block/cap for the Xenomorph that allows for it to be looking ‘up’ for a crawling pose. This would have been perfect for this wave, to give us the swimming Xeno from Resurrection as well as the Ox/Dog Alien from 3.

Both good ideas. ??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was my assumption as well, but the specialty stores would actually have to order them for them to be available.  I could see these ending up at a discount outlet unless DST was able to adjust production numbers. (I still ordered the wave from Luke and love it though!)

My store ordered one case for me. 

They've received two 2-packs.

<_<

One would think that if DST was swimming in excess inventory that Diamond would be eager to ship full cases like they usually do. While I want to support local business, Diamond isn't making it easy. After weeks of waiting I'm tempted to order through Luke's but I don't want to screw my LCS if/when the full case finally arrives.