UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 8:50 PM, TENIME_art said:

I badly want at least one dropship, but if it's not in the cards, at least give me a two pack of clean Bishop & Ferro.

(But seriously, please release both of them each with their own dropship.)

I second this.

What retailer though ?.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think with TRU  out of he game, its game over for many/most Minimates lines, as its often been said that if it were not for TRUs interest in x and y we would not be getting them anywhere.

Maybe Marvel can survive with LCS, online retailers, and Walgreens but i dont think alot of others will.

I wonder why DST doesn't leverage their website more. They could put prototypes up and use preorders to fund tooling and whatnot. Even if they marked up a Bishop/Ferro two pack 20% i'm sure they would end up with 40% margin on it buy cutting out middle men.

On 17/03/2018 at 11:43 PM, buttheadsmate said:

There will definitely be a 'Minimate' realignment after TRU closes ......of that I have no doubt .

29 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I'm not sure Diamond has the infrastructure for that. 

Now would be the time for some changes within that infrastructure.

• 2 weeks later...

Series 5 wishlist post, let's finally wrap up ALIENS, brace yourself, this wave has lots of new tooling!

- Acid Blood Splatter effect Alien Warrior (Black) / Sentry Turrets

- Warrior Drone (Blue hue) / Warrior Drone (Brown hue) 

- Ferro (with alt sunglasses head/flight helmet) / Bishop (with motion tracker, knife, welding torch)

-  Final Battle Ripley (carrying Newt) / Facehugger Canisters (with skittering facehuggers)

Good choices there especially if this line is going to be wrapped up. Have we given up on the drop-ship? 

I'm not sure of all the Aliens characters so I confess that I had to 'search' for the f%cki$g:whistling: sh%tting crappy 'Sentry :whistling:Tourettes' .....they're bloody:whistling: awe-f*ckingsome.

-bluehues:whistling:mate  .

On 3/27/2018 at 9:55 AM, MisterPL said:

If Hasbro can get almost 4,000 backers interested in a $500 Sail Barge, I'm confident DST could wrangle 1,000 orders for a $25 Drop Ship that came with both Bishop and Ferro. I'd order at least two.

For a tool that size, we'd either have to sell a lot more or charge a lot more than that.

And I think the SW toy line, which has been around basically since 1978, one of the first collector toy lines, based on the biggest media franchise of all time, is going to have a fairly easy time meeting their goals as they have a much larger fan base to draw on. That said, we have been watching similar KS campaigns for ideas, and looking at our web store capacity.

I'd be curious to know what those numbers would have to be.

Collectors initially balked at Hasbro asking end consumers for $2.5 million in orders and they ended up getting over $4.4 million in 45 days. At least DST is looking into the possibility. It's worth a try.

I think something like a non-tooling extensive box set would be a more likely starting point than a brand new vehicle, but it's definitely an interesting idea, especially for fan-demanded but somewhat unlikely groups of characters (PAD X-Factor, Generation X, or Wrecking Crew, for example).

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

Maybe it's too soon for this but I think it would be a cool promotion if there was a way to download a 3d model of a vehicle or accessory and print it myself. Maybe each pack comes with a code. Enter a code from all four packs into a web site and download your model.

In fact, who's got 3d modelling skills? Let's make our own dropship.