UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well, shit. Now I have to find a TRU that will stock these.

I'm glad I have a spare spacesuit for Amanda Ripley, just in case DST doesn't offer one down the road.

No dog alien is only slightly disappointing. That just means it'll come with a future assortment. I don't suppose Dillon comes with extra parts to create another inmate.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

No dog alien is only slightly disappointing. That just means it'll come with a future assortment. I don't suppose Dillon comes with extra parts to create another inmate.

No Ellen Ripley from Resurrection either leads me to think we'll either get a specialty assortment with these OR a future TRU assortment with the dog Alien and Ripley.

But I got Roc AND Clay Morrow in one assortment so I'm a happy camper. There's enough cool stuff here to warrant multiple purchases from me.

Also the blue Alien looks to be translucent. Another plus in my book.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Is the blue one supposed to be from when they are swimming? Hopefully we get a crawling/dog/swimming alien piece...

Sweet! Been waiting for an Alien Minimate fix!

I'm hoping the choice shown here does mean we can expect more from other sources/retailers. The missing obvious ones being Ripley 8 and the Newborn, from Resurrection. And the Dog Alien for Alien 3. A few Working Joe androids from Isolation would be sweet too, but I'm pleased with enough with Amanda.

In terms of the Aliens in this wave, I do wish the Res' Warrior wasn't so Kenner red, the Isolation Alien's colour scheme looks more appropriate to my eye. I've seen statues depicting the Res' Warrior looking very red, but it always struck me as more of a subtle brown tint, if anything. I have no idea what the "Advanced" alien is supposed to be, but I'm aware of the need to make the sets appealing to the wider market, so I chalk it up to that. I'll still get it for Johner.

Hoping we see even more at Toyfair! :D

Edited by TooNiche

5 hours ago, TooNiche said:

In terms of the Aliens in this wave, I do wish the Res' Warrior wasn't so Kenner red, the Isolation Alien's colour scheme looks more appropriate to my eye. I've seen statues depicting the Res' Warrior looking very red, but it always struck me as more of a subtle brown tint, if anything. I have no idea what the "Advanced" alien is supposed to be, but I'm aware of the need to make the sets appealing to the wider market, so I chalk it up to that. I'll still get it for Johner.

Advanced and Resurrection are definitely Kenner-inspired. Not looking to do any subtle tinting of existing colors (Isolation motwithstanding) because it would be a missed opportunity to do something distinctively different. New tooling was not possible this rotund, but we'll see what the future holds.

s-l225.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Advanced and Resurrection are definitely Kenner-inspired. Not looking to do any subtle tinting of existing colors (Isolation motwithstanding) because it would be a missed opportunity to do something distinctively different. New tooling was not possible this rotund, but we'll see what the future holds.

s-l225.jpg

That's fair enough, I know a lot of people are excited by the Kenner style stuff, just not my bag. I'll always buy a set that includes a movie/canon accurate figure though, so I'll still be buying all these sets.

It's been a fantastic line so far!