UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

8 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

We do not have AvP rights. Separate from Alien and Predator.

Now that is funny. And considering how bad they were probably a good thing. 
Go with the wacky Kenner stuff. (which I remember collecting back in the day) Much more fun.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/29/2017 at 4:23 PM, Chrisharrison1982 said:

Alien 3 is honestly the one that has stuck with me the most from my childhood. Very atmospheric and I tir my memories of it to playing the video game on my Amiga!

You must be young.  Alien was the first movie I ever watched on the new fangled cable tv that finally arrived in my suburban neighborhood.  It scared the piss out of me and still does.  IMO, if there are other species out there in the galaxy, aliens if you will, they are likely adapted in crazy ways, like we are.  Having an "exoskeleton" and being hard to kill are good adaptations.  Just imagine if just one of those things somehow made it to our planet.

I saw Aliens in the theater with a friend and loved having a look at that "armed human versus alien" scenario.  I only wish the original screenplay got made instead of the prison planet film that got made.  All just my opinion.  

33 minutes ago, Shanester said:

I only wish the original screenplay got made instead of the prison planet film that got made. 

I always wonder about the monastery-in-space version as well. I've never read much about it aside from early articles in Starlog magazine. I understand why they switched it but it seems they kept a bit of the religious aspect. My home library needs more books on the Alien movies.

30 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I always wonder about the monastery-in-space version as well. I've never read much about it aside from early articles in Starlog magazine. I understand why they switched it but it seems they kept a bit of the religious aspect. My home library needs more books on the Alien movies.

....and a few less books on tigers. 

WIth regards to Shane's comment , I saw the new Alien movie when I was a very grown up 24 year old and I too was scared shitless. I love the movie and have enjoyed the minimates........although I,m not sure that we might have seen enough now?

booboobuttheadsmate

BTW WTF is the apostrophe on an iPad ?  Maddening.

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

WIth regards to Shane's comment , I saw the new Alien movie when I was a very grown up 24 year old and I too was scared shitless. I love the movie and have enjoyed the minimates........although I,m not sure that we might have seen enough now?

Are you referring to Alien movies or Alien Minimates? If it's the former I might agree. As for the latter, there's still plenty of viable material from which to harvest.

Once DST exhausts the resources from the Alien and Predator properties, I'm sure they'll look into AvP. However, with new films coming from both franchises over the next few years, it may take a while to get there. Until then, I may take a stab at making my own Grid Alien.

The Hicks/Ripley combo was a good one and they should have played it out (with regard to original script).  Newt was a perfect opportunity for a future heroine with a reason to hate the "bugs".  I agree that there is still room for characters from the films, but they will undoubtedly be packed with Aliens and I already have legions.  Dropship? Hell yes, its one of my favorite parts.  If you don't have the NECA Die Cast version, you are missing out IMO.

14 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

What? or Where? in the WTF, @buttheadsmate

Pretty sure it is with the numerals. But I am not on mine at the moment.

Thanks for that:thumbsup: Easy when you know:blush:

More aliens?

If stuff keeps selling then I'm all for more characters......any characters.....but I'm like Shane I'm a bit Aliened out. Some box sets with just one alien in each would suit me &I'd love a drop ship  or two  :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, Shanester said:

The Hicks/Ripley combo was a good one and they should have played it out (with regard to original script).  Newt was a perfect opportunity for a future heroine with a reason to hate the "bugs".  I agree that there is still room for characters from the films, but they will undoubtedly be packed with Aliens and I already have legions.  Dropship? Hell yes, its one of my favorite parts.  If you don't have the NECA Die Cast version, you are missing out IMO.

Agreed that Newt's demise was a missed opportunity. All the more reason I'm looking forward to this being treated as a hyper sleep nightmare. Ripley even mentions it being a bad dream in the movie. As far as I'm concerned they're still floating around out there waiting to be rescued.

Do you have Galoob's Action Fleet dropship and if so how does it compare?

• 3 months later...

So, the new Predator wave hit and the Kenner inspired figures look amazing! I would LOVE to have some wild new Xenos for them to fight. And a dropship pilot to help our troops get down to the battlefield and back.

Mantis Alien

Gorilla Alien

Panther Alien (possible reuse for Alien 3 Alien)

Just throwing out a few ideas...

You know that one director from district nine and Sigorney Weaver had a cool script that continued aliens and sidestepped the downsides of 3. Could have been super cool with Ripley, Hicks and Newt but Ridley Scott decided to keep the Prometheus series goinag with a covenant trilogy and said no.

Now we are at the same point as when Prometheus ended, underwhelming box office and uncertainty about continuing the story.

Ridley Scott keeps talking about another Alien movie with less aliens and more A.I. While I've enjoyed his prologues to Alien, given the underwhelming box office results, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a tap on the shoulder from the studio and they gave Neill Blomkamp the greenlight to move forward with his sequel.

Of course next week that decision might be in Disney's hands. I can't see them paying $60 billion for Fox to allow a featured franchise like Alien to wane, particularly when fans are screaming for more aliens vs. Ripley. Even better if the story turns 3 & 4 into a hypersleep nightmare.

I would love to see Neil given a chance with the Alien franchise. Check out Oats Studios to see some of the amazing stuff he has been doing lately. https://www.youtube.com/user/OatsStudios I didn't mind Ridley's last movie, but at this point I want to see a lot more Xeno action now that it has been introduced fully. It sounds like he wants to make David the main focus though for the next movies. Also yay to more Alien minimates. I loved the characters in Alien Resurrection although I thought the movie fell apart near the end. I still enjoyed it for the most part. I think one wave would be enough to cover the important characters for Alien 3. I found that movie to be pretty dull overall.

10 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I think one wave would be enough to cover the important characters for Alien 3.

Given how similarly dressed the inmates were, it would be pretty easy to pull a Marvel Series 60 and include alternate parts to make different characters. I'd buy as many cases as I'd need to in order to complete the cast.