UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! That was bad. In a good way? I know I saw this episode as a kid, but that was before I saw Alien. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In case anyone missed it, some good things in this yesterday's AskDST for Aliens fans! I've highlighted the main points:

AskDST #366

Kolton A.
Greetings Chuck! I haven’t been collecting Minimates for very long, but after I saw your Aliens line, I fell in love. I just had a few questions:
1. Is there any possibility of Alien: Isolation Minimates? (Amanda Ripley, Working Joes, Sevastopol Survivors, and of course The Alien are a few figures that come to mind.) or is it completely out of the question?
2. Have there been any discussions about obtaining the license to AVP or is it not one you’re particularly interested in?
3. Finally I was wondering about Alien 3 and Prometheus Minimates? (The only examples I could think of at the moment are The Dog Alien, a Weyland-Yutani Commando, The Deacon, and an Engineer.)
Thank you for your time and making these fun little collectibles!

DSTChuck: Welcome to Minimates, Kolton!
1. We have not locked what we want to do with Aliens MM for 2018 yet, but Alien: Isolation has come up as a possibility. Fingers crossed!
2. We have held the AvP license in the past for various products, but we have not looked at it for Minimates.
3. We did a “flashback” Shaw Minimate in the Covenant line, but right now we have no plans for more Prometheus Minimates, sorry. We’ve been looking at introducing some characters from Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection, though!

Billy G.
Will the ALIENS line of Minimates ever be completed? Every character has been accounted for except Corporal Ferro. Is it possible she will be released with a dropship or will she appear on her own? P.S. A version of her with and without her aviator glasses would be cool. Thanks.

DSTChuck: She is definitely someone we would like to do, and have even had tentative plans to make, but we’ll have to see! More Alien universe MM coming, for sure.

Didn't think we were going to get Alien 3! Woot!

ferro.jpg.8609c70014f8ae219fcf62dc4640c066.jpg
Good times! :D

Edited by TooNiche

9 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

Ferro with dropship for specialty & clean Bishop with dropship for TRU just plans itself. C'moooooonnnnnn...... :confused:

I'm sure this must be the plan. Too coincidental not to be. They're the two last figures to complete the set. And there are two dropships. They are the pilots. Each dropship has it's own distinct nose art and markings (easy repaint). One for specialty, one for TRU, as you say, just like with the APCs.

After this the only thing I really really would wish for is an Alien Queen with Egg Sack. I'm wanting this from anyone DST, NECA, Sideshow (although that'd be murder on the wallet).

Surely MM has the best chance, for price point, comparitive ease of design/manufacture. It'd also be a nice size for collectors. (Although I'll find space if another company manages it. :))

I was watching Alien3 over the weekend and noticed that the uniform look and lack of hairpieces could lend make a multitude of Minimates pretty profitable.

1869358711944896.jpg

It looks like everyone wears the same trousers and footwear. Shirts vary in color but the long and short coats are the same. If DST offered sets with multiple parts to create different characters, it'd be pretty easy to do the entire 25-member staff of Fury 161 in one assortment.

Edited by MisterPL