UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I have the Galoob Action Fleet version of the dropship. It didn't come with an APC but the Micro Machine APC does fit perfectly.

I miss Galoob. :(

I have the large electronic Arachnid Warrior from Starship Troopers by Galoob.

Wish another company would do Starship Troopers. :(

First review I've seen for the TRU Space Jockey set:

And a written review of the specialty version:
http://kastorskorner.com/wp/minimates-space-jockey-rounds-alien-collection/

15 minutes ago, TooNiche said:

I have the large electronic Arachnid Warrior from Starship Troopers by Galoob.

I wasn't a huge fan of the movie but I scooped up whatever Galoob put out for Starship Troopers. Their Action Fleet line was so friggin' addictive. They were very good at making toys fun.

If DST ever wanted to offer Starship Troopers Minimates, it'd be a great excuse for me to dig out my own Arachnid Warriors. :D

6332947839_eacd62d68c_b.jpg

Now I really need to get to TRU and find that Space Jockey!

21 hours ago, chrisharrison said:

Random question slightly off-topic but I know it was discussed some time ago...has anyone found another Minimate that has hair that works better (more movie accurate) on Alien Ripley than the hair she came with?

New mutants magma works pretty good . You'll need to paint it black.

Edited by bilbofett

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I'd settle for the concept approval form from Fox for a dropship.

I’ll go out and find that Dropship, Morty, because that’s what this is all about Morty – that’s my one-armed man! I’m not driven by avenging my dead family, Morty, that was fake, I’m driven by finding that Dropship. I want that Dropship, Morty, that’s my series arc, Morty, if it takes nine seasons, I want my Dropship, Morty, that’s what’s going to take us all the way to the end, Morty, nine more seasons Morty, nine more seasons until I get that Dropship, for 97 more years, I want that Dropship, Morty.

• 2 weeks later...

BURP!!!
Just saw there was a new AskDST up: http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/2017/05/ask-dst-355-minimates/
Then I saw it!
Twice!.jpg.9453640d5f3e901a6cccf76100716c30.jpg

Feeling starstruck! :D

Luke H.
Hi Chuck! Firstly, I have to applaud your Aliens line. When I saw the depth and breadth of characters you are producing you converted me to Minimates. I now own every one you’ve produced, as well as many of the equally impressive Predator series. And now I’ve got the bug I’m wanting all my favorite franchises in Minimate form!
My questions are:
For the Aliens line, what are the chances we might get a Queen Hive set? It would be the ultimate! Has it been considered? Also, Dropships. A Sulaco?! And the last remaining cast members. I keenly await anything Alien you produce!
And for Star Trek, chances of Abrams line? Into Darkness is my favorite, and I’ve noticed a lack of in scale Enterprise and USS Vengeance models. I’d love both MM and/or regular larger scale versions. To recreate that epic head to head confrontation scene!
(Other dreams (for M
M or any) include Bioshock, Dead Space, Legacy Tomb Raider, Left 4 Dead, C&C Red Alert 2 (so many vehicles!), Starship Troopers, Tremors, Call of Duty (Modern Warfare), more Mass Effect (Normandy ship), … everything!)
Thanks!

DSTChuck: Luke, glad you like the Alien and Predator lines. I think we’d like to do more deluxe sets and vehicles, we’ll just have to see how the ones we have done sell. We do not have the rights to the new Star Trek movies, unfortunately, and we are not looking at any of the other properties you are hoping for, but never say never.

Pretty much what we already know.. Need to see how sales go, but the desire is there! Thanks Chuck!
Come on world! We need those sets!

Edited by TooNiche

• 3 weeks later...

Not exclusive characters, just exclusive versions. Gorman in his jumpsuit at specialty withnthe APC, rescue Ripley with battle damaged APC at TRU, spacesuit Kane with facehugger helmet with the Space Jockey at specialty, spacesuit Dallas with the dark colored Jockey at TRU.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

On 02/06/2017 at 10:44 PM, stack32 said:

I'd take a Pizza Monster in the TMNT line, not interested in another Xeno repaint in the Alien line, or at least not this one.

Yes, do it properly if at all. Disappointed in the Neca figure. It's a figure in limbo, of true appeal to neither fandom. Waste of an exclusive slot, for the sake of saving money.

Is that supposed to be the Squirrelinoid from the cartoon? Or is it from the TMNT comics?