UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ferro and "clean" Bishop don't get released in some way I would be very upset and disappointed. It would be one thing if we only got the "main" cast (Ripley, Hicks, Hudson, Alien) and none of the secondary Marines. But DST has done a fantastic job of releasing not just the "names" but the background guys too. It would be a damn shame to get this far and come up short 2 characters out of a cast of over a dozen. Even if the dropships don't happen I want to see the team completed.

I think if the dropship isn't financially feasible, a more expensive box set isn't going to fly either.

Just throw them in a two pack together. Release them in a wave with some repackaged xenos & humans.

Ferro/clean Bishop
Ripley/burning xeno
Hicks/bloody xeno
Newt/attacking xeno

I know a few people who wanted Newt, and were upset that they'd bought the TRU APC because it came with the exact same Ripley that comes with Newt.

2 hours ago, bilbofett said:

Similar to hall of armor set. Was it 39.99 or 49.99. 

The MSRP was $50. Not bad for 10 figures, I suppose, especially if you're into army-building or a newbie. I might be interested in that, too, if Art Asylum would vary the blood spatter. Seeing the same pattern release after release is disappointing.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

The MSRP was $50. Not bad for 10 figures, I suppose, especially if you're into army-building or a newbie. I might be interested in that, too, if Art Asylum would vary the blood spatter. Seeing the same pattern release after release is disappointing.

But again, if they can't justify a $25-30 dropship, they're not going to risk a $50 box set.

In other news, has anyone found the TRU jockey yet? Or gotten the specialty one? (I've paid for mine, but it's sitting in my BBTS PoL, and I'm not ready to ship yet)

1 hour ago, TENIME_art said:

But again, if they can't justify a $25-30 dropship, they're not going to risk a $50 box set.

In other news, has anyone found the TRU jockey yet? Or gotten the specialty one? (I've paid for mine, but it's sitting in my BBTS PoL, and I'm not ready to ship yet)

There's less risk in the $50 boxed set since it wouldn't require any new tooling. DST could probably wholesale it for $20 and still make a tidy profit. Personally I'd prefer a couple dropships but if DST was looking for a way to give newbies another shot at jumping into this line, a boxed set like that might be as good as a "Greatest Hits" assortment.

As for the TRU Jockey, I looked last weekend and saw nothing. I'll be ordering the specialty version through Luke's since my LCS didn't order any.

6 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

I know a few people who wanted Newt, and were upset that they'd bought the TRU APC because it came with the exact same Ripley that comes with Newt.

So they are reluctant to buy Newt with Ripley now that they have Ripley? ...But Newt came out 10 months before the TRU APC.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:03 PM, Mysterious Stranger said:

If Ferro and "clean" Bishop don't get released in some way I would be very upset and disappointed. It would be one thing if we only got the "main" cast (Ripley, Hicks, Hudson, Alien) and none of the secondary Marines. But DST has done a fantastic job of releasing not just the "names" but the background guys too. It would be a damn shame to get this far and come up short 2 characters out of a cast of over a dozen. Even if the dropships don't happen I want to see the team completed.

Well put sir!

10 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

They're just getting into the line now, and they don't want duplicates. *shrug*

I certainly understand that, it just seems like a small price to pay to get a Newt. Especially since they got such a sweet deal on the TRU APC. Not judging, just wondering whether it warrants a re-release of Newt, let alone RM Ripley and Hicks, who were at both specialty and TRU.

Zach, I had a dream last night that I was receiving Alien 3 Minimates in the mail...I hope it was not a dream, but a prophecy!  I think NECA has shown that there is a huge interest in Alien 3 'figures'.  I could scroll through 60 pages of this forum to see if has been brought up, but is there a realistic chance of getting some Minimates from Alien 3?   I like many (I think) consider the Alien franchise a trilogy.  Alien 3 had it's issues but the 'Assembly Cut' really is a decent atmospheric film that completes the trilogy nicely (Ressurection I don't care for and it seems an after-thouht).  As I have mentioned, I am quite the completionist (sp.?) and Alien 3 figures would just MAKE the collection.  Is there a decent chance?  I personally think there is scope for 2 box sets:

Ripley, Dog (Ox) Alien, Clemens, Dillon....and then add Andrews, Bishop 2, WY Commando and prisoner of your choice, such as Golic or Morse.

So go ahead Zach...make my day!   

Chris