UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken, when the facehugger attaches itself initially, there is a melting sound effect playing signifying the usage of acid to get its way to Kane's face. Also, I'm remembering a scene where Ash and Dallas literally pry the helmet off of Kane, spliting it in  two vertically down the middle. Maybe I'm just trying to make sense of it.

• 2 weeks later...

So this will be borderline relevant info for this thread...

I watched Prometheus the other day, it's the first alien movie I have ever watched. I thought it was prettyyy good. It definitely had me invested as far as story and everything. Kostis, you'll be happy to know I thought Fassbender was good at making me dislike him in this movie, haha. As far as minimates go do you think we're gonna get covenant mates? Is covenant a continuation of Prometheus? Can we get 3" or 4" engineer mates? 

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

So this will be borderline relevant info for this thread...

I watched Prometheus the other day, it's the first alien movie I have ever watched. I thought it was prettyyy good. It definitely had me invested as far as story and everything. Kostis, you'll be happy to know I thought Fassbender was good at making me dislike him in this movie, haha. As far as minimates go do you think we're gonna get covenant mates? Is covenant a continuation of Prometheus? Can we get 3" or 4" engineer mates? 

Prometheus was... interesting. Good ideas, bad execution... Definitely not the best foray into the Alien world, but eh, it works. Just make sure you see Alin & Aliens some time. As for Covenant, Zach mentioned a "license extension" so it could be.

PS: I was so excited about this line, but they all came out too fast. I missed the first two waves and now I don't see the point of getting back in. Which is a shame, since it's great.

On 2/4/2017 at 10:55 PM, The Scarlet Spider said:

Is covenant a continuation of Prometheus? Can we get 3" or 4" engineer mates? 

As I recall, DST said Prometheus is not part of the license agreement. Alien: Covenant is definitely a sequel to Prometheus so if there's a line extension for Alien, DST will probably get both prequels.

As for taller Engineers, DST seems unwilling to use taller bodies. Once upon a time they said the toolings for those bodies were lost or broken. More often I've read of Chuck's desire to keep Minimates at the 2-inch size, no doubt to take advantage of existing toolings for accessories and add-ons. It's too bad because the 2.5" body would probably be perfect for Engineers but if you're looking for a 4" version, maybe we'll get a Vinimate.