UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there was talk about SDCC exclusives and 'cool packaging ' elsewhere, I was thinking a con exclusive of the Alien crew would be neat. Make it a circular or semi-circular pack to mimic the sleeping pods with a pod for all 8 characters.

Closed mouth Big Chap

End of movie Ripley with appropriate hair!

Include three characters in Space suits and 3 in their other duds. Simple parts swapping would get you Dallas and Lambert out of Space Suits.

At least I think that would be cool, and I would spend $50 on that for a con exclusive.

We've talked about really fancy con-exclusive packaging on this forum before, and I don't know how realistic it is.

But hopefully people will still want these characters if we only do them as a standard two-pack or four-pack, either as a retailer exclusive or wide release.

I'm not entirely sure if this is an appropriate place to ask this, but since we're getting the power loader and Alien Queen in deluxe sets, what is the chance of this happening to other liscences? I'd really like to see a deluxe Giant Man, or an official RV for Dale. Even a motorcycle for Ghost Rider would be nice.

Yes. Licensing agreements change all the time depending on who the players are and what categories are available. Just have to keep asking to show there's demand. "Never say never!"

Packaging to me is just a way to transport the toys I want from the factory to my hands. With a few exceptions I don't keep most toy packaging, just don't have the space to store it. I'd rather pay regular price for 2-packs or 4-packs than a mark up to get a fancy box I'm just going to throw away. If the rest of the Nostromo crew comes in poly-bags that are stapled closed with post-it notes for labels I'd buy 'em.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know a confirmed release date for the new wave with Newt, Crowe and Frost? I got all excited to head over to my LCS when I saw they were listed as September 9 on Luke's. But they still show up there as a pre-order. Other online vendors have anywhere from a generic September up to December listed for availability. Nothing on DST's Facebook or official sites that I could see gave a firm date. And I really couldn't find a confirmed date hunting around this thread and on the google either.

For that matter, is there a reliable site that lists confirmed release dates for all upcoming Minimates? I haven't really been able to find that info in one set location.

Does anyone know a confirmed release date for the new wave with Newt, Crowe and Frost? I got all excited to head over to my LCS when I saw they were listed as September 9 on Luke's. But they still show up there as a pre-order. Other online vendors have anywhere from a generic September up to December listed for availability. Nothing on DST's Facebook or official sites that I could see gave a firm date. And I really couldn't find a confirmed date hunting around this thread and on the google either.

For that matter, is there a reliable site that lists confirmed release dates for all upcoming Minimates? I haven't really been able to find that info in one set location.

The expected release date was September 9, but I asked Luke yesterday and he said the store hasn't received them yet. Hopefully soon, though!

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

The expected release date was September 9, but I asked Luke yesterday and he said the store hasn't received them yet. Hopefully soon, though!

Cool, thanks for the info!

All DST's release dates are just estimates, so they can get pushed back pretty frequently by shipping delays etc. The 'Ship Dates Update' posts on their website are the closest you'll get, although I think Luke has mentioned trying to update his estimates when/if he gets new info from his Diamond rep.

The only confirmed release dates you'll really find are in Diamond's 'Upcoming Releases' list, which is posted on their website every Wednesday morning, and shows everything that will ship to comic shops the following week. So it's only a one week window, but at least it's something.

All DST's release dates are just estimates, so they can get pushed back pretty frequently by shipping delays etc. The 'Ship Dates Update' posts on their website are the closest you'll get, although I think Luke has mentioned trying to update his estimates when/if he gets new info from his Diamond rep.

The only confirmed release dates you'll really find are in Diamond's 'Upcoming Releases' list, which is posted on their website every Wednesday morning, and shows everything that will ship to comic shops the following week. So it's only a one week window, but at least it's something.

Thanks for that link, very helpful. Bookmarked! biggrin.png

I update artasylum's ship dates list regularly, but I only get dates 2 weeks before they ship, MAX. The rest is adjusting estimates.

Thank you Zach, good to know I should take any date more than 2 weeks off with a grain of salt.

I forget. Are we getting a regular crawling facehugger as an accessory in Series 2? I know we're getting the chestburster and eggs in the specialty wave but I can't recall if a crawling facehugger has been shown or mentioned.

Flipping channels and Aliens was on, the "Burke's betrayal" scene and it made me think of this.

• 9 months later...
7 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Series 3 is on Diamonds shipping list for next week. I think that's what Zach posted before the upgrade dump. The TRU Series 3 is in stores now. Its the one with the clear green Alien.

Isn't that TRU Series 2?

2 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

Isn't that TRU Series 2?

You know you're right. I forgot that the first TRU series was a "best of" mix of Aliens series 1 and 2 and that confuses me every time. So yeah TRU series 3 is still to come. The one with Dress Uniform Gorman right? Since the upgrade black hole those posts are missing from my view so I can't look back to check.