UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like "Alien Warrior" from the Dump Case is supposed to be the same as "Warrior Alien" from LCS Wave 1, but Ivan has categorized them in the DB based on the name given by DST (as he should).

Alien Warrior (from Dump Case)

fig1883llg.jpg

Warrior Alien (from LCS Wave 1)

fig2277llg.jpg

It looks to me like they are the same lower jaw pieces, the LCS version is just glued in position in a way that makes it hang open. Whether or not that is intentional....

Edited by youbastards

So the TRU assortment is ....? The exclusive packs are ?

I'm sorry if I've missed this elsewhere? blush.png

This is why I prefer different threads for different assortments.

I appreciate the effort but I'm still no wiser confused.gif

The TRU assortment has no exclusive figures, just exclusive pairings. It has:

-Rescue Mission Ripley/Alien

-Battle Damaged Hicks/Alien

-Vasquez/Alien

-Hudson/Alien

It takes four figures from series 1 and series 2 that are paired together (Ripley/Hicks Vasquez/Hudson) and instead pairs them with aliens. I hope this helps biggrin.png

Technically for packaging completists like BHM, the entire wave is unique to TRU. The Vasquez/Alien pack is the only one with the silver TRU exclusive sticker.

- Ripley/Alien (both are identical to LCS Wave 1)

- Hicks/Alien (both are identical to LCS Wave 1)

- Hudson/Alien (currently, both are unique to TRU Wave 1)

- Vasquez/Alien (currently, both are unique to TRU Wave 1)

Per Luke's listing, the LCS Wave 2 is comprised of the following:

- Vasquez/Hudson

- Ripley/Newt

- Frost/Burning Alien

- Crowe/Attacking Alien and Eggs

More than likely it's not exclusive and will be one of the Wave 1 specialty packs. I'm just making assumptions here, but that's the most likely case based on similar items I've gotten in Loot Crates

Edited by Shogi

What makes the Screaming Alien packed with TRU Hudson different from the Warrior Alien packed with DST Apone? Just looking at the pictures I'm not seeing the difference.

I can see that the Battle-Damaged Alien packed with TRU Vasquez has a closed mouth, while the single-pack one has an open mouth. So I'm wondering if that alien is the only true exclusive in this TRU wave and the reason they put the sticker on that one.

Someone has a review of the Hudson/Vasquez packs here:

http://kastorskorner.com/wp/2015/07/16/toys-bolsters-minimates-colonial-marine-army/

Edited by JediJones

The jaw is a different piece. The Warrior Alien has a closed mouth jaw that's been glued a little more open than normal, while the Screaming Alien has the fully open jaw that usually has a tongue sticking out of it

why is Ripley's hair so short in the Alien 35th anniversary boxset? I thought her hair was much longer in the first movie

Her hair is longer in the movie, but it seems DST didn't have the budget for a new sculpt, so they just used the El Indigo piece they were using for Aliens Ripley

why is Ripley's hair so short in the Alien 35th anniversary boxset? I thought her hair was much longer in the first movie

ohh no not this again 160x160x51-grimacing-face.png.pagespeed.

hey zach, you think when we get space suit ripley we can get updates hair and a face thats a little more movie accurate. ripley is one of my top fave characters and i just feel the faces she had dont do her justice ( i say this in the nicest way possible not trying to sound like im complaining ) hah